just curious how old you geeks are...!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what's the average geeky age?

• under 20

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • in your 20's

Votes: 336 39.7%
  • in your 30's

Votes: 352 41.6%
  • in your 40's

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • in your 50's

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • over 60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
fiona wallace said:
Come on you guys...CHILL!!!!! some of you sound as though life's a race or that you're frightened of being classed as older (or that there's something wrong with BEING older) I'm sure THE GEEG will tell you that, like me, the best things happen when you hit 40.
I decided to change my life!! Started nails shortly after my 40th birthday...now 47..have a very successful nail and beauty salon business and a nail training academy, employ 8/9 staff stil looking to grow personally and expand proffessionally, have a fantastic life...

It's the journey that's important not the getting there, I promise you will only feel better about yourself even though your hair gets grey, etc.!!!!!!!

Good on ya Fiona - I'm 43 (44 in a couple of weeks :D ) and have just started out in nails and finished my cnd foundation last week. I hope that this is the first step on a long ladder and in seven years time I am in a very similar position to yourself (that's my plan :lol:).

Well done for proving life begins at FORTY!!!!!!! You'r an inspiration.

ChrisX

hi,

i look 25years ( i wish!!!), will be 32 on the 15th of july. Have been working all my life in finance department (degree in economics and accounting), wasn not feeling happy with my carrer and decided to do something completely different! guess what, had a niail course and now studying to be a beauty therapist! i love it, never imagined i had an artist side in me.

love
gaby

Hi
Well, I seem to be the oldest as yet.,got interested in my nails last year ,as they were the only bits about me that I seem to like. everything else is going down hill,

Love carole

I started doing nails when I was 29 i'm now 37 although in my head I'm still 15 and hanging out with my mates! I had the best summer that year, although we won't go into that lol. Have a daughter of 17 and thought I was finished having kids, now have a baby Grace 1 on thursday followed the next week with my other daughter Natasha who will be 18 (a very expensive week!) Grace keeps my feeling young but looking old and haggered!

sorry guys but i am 'elated'.....went to la tasca for a romanic meal with hubby last night....................talking about what spectacular ROMANTIC restaurant he had booked for my 33rd birthday an he said....'bab......your are only 32.....................whooo hooooo year younger that i thought i was.............................doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya, lol minkus, i have done this to, i was sure i was already 33 and was telling my mate about how funny it is her only being 27 and having 4 kids and how i remember being 27, she just gave me this look and said "you dozy bint I'm 28 and your 32" i was so happy and danced round my kitchen, she went home saying i was strange...love her xxx

ANGE

LOOK AT THE TIME OF YOUR LAST POST................................SAD AS............................JUST LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good old SAMUEL SWEET what WOULD we do withouth this SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao, i know hubby has passed out on the settee, and i have a 10.00am appt ....i used to be a bed early girl b4 this site. xxx

grew up around this stuff daughter of a stylist...now she's a school owner, and coincidentally my boss:lol: yes, I still had to interview, and when we are at work, she is NOT my mother, unless I'm having some kind of crisis I'm unable to deal with by my self or with my co workers, then she becomes my mother until the crisis is over. I graduated and was licensed in 1991 soon I will have been doing nails half of my life....that's a scary thought, especially when I consider how much there still is to learn:cool: , but that's what makes life worth living, always learning something new about something you love, that just makes you enjoy it even more!!!

36 in a couple of weeks...... :wink2: some days I feel 18 again... other days 78 lol
not worried about getting older at all, with age you gain experience and experience of life is a great thing.
x

Tickled Pink! said:
whoops sorry girls - did this last time when i asked everyone how they came up with their user names - conveniently forgot to answer myself!

i am 36...37 this year. :D

Well i am just 32 but hell i dont care :lol:

I'm 22 (just), married with a 4 year old daughter. Not much more to say really - I know I was young when I had my daughter - but she's the best thing that ever happened to me, if it wasn't for her, I think I'd still be doing c**p courses at college! She was the boost I needed to go and do something constructive. :)

I tell everyone who asks that I'm 30.

I'm not (I'm actually 38 - eek!) but as long as I can keep getting away with telling people I'm 30 I'm happy! :lol:

Vod
X

Hello I am 43 years of age and have no probs with this I will be 44 years of age in May.
Started nails last year years ago I was a hairdresser did not want to go back to that job wanted a change.
Nice to read all the posts.
Carolyn xxx

At 7.18pm i'll be 32.

I actually prefer my thirties to my twenties. Since hitting my thirties I feel much more confident and happier in my self. :cool:

Hi

Blimey I feel really old after reading that most of you are in your twenties and thirties. I had my children young and am now building my own mobile nail business at the age of 42!! I still feel young though and I think in this line of business the need to look good helps.

Am really enjoying myself now though workwise more than I ever did in my twenties, so life really does begin at 40.

XX

vodkababe said:
I tell everyone who asks that I'm 30.

I'm not (I'm actually 38 - eek!) but as long as I can keep getting away with telling people I'm 30 I'm happy! :lol:

Vod
X

Hmmm this reminds me of me... I still think I am 28 and often say so... I was actually trying to remember how old I will be in March and thought 35 but no, I will be 36! Maybe I need to up the 28 to 30 now!!! :eek: :Scared:

I am 32 in February but still think Im 27 don't no why :D I must be sat with my monomer too much

I'm 21 again, have been for the last 19 years....:lol:;):biggrin:

I am feeling old too though it's good to see from the poll that there are plenty in their 40's doing nails. I am new to nails - trained last year and eventually plucked up the courage to jack in the job and do it full time. Absolutely loving it - like a few here I wish I had started it years ago. Never mind its not too late at 47 to start a new career.

Latest posts

Back