Just finished my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Well it's not really finished. Need to add a gallery and other bits and pieces. Still working on keywords and tags!!!:eek::eek:

My head is pounding now so thts me for tonight.

By the way thanks to those who recommended free websites. I went with a company called Yola.

Let me know what yo think of my first attempt and and suggestions welcome

Many thanks,x

I think it looks pretty good to me well done. Just a few things I noticed though (hope you find my comments useful)

You need to remove the google references (google66c19ae73d406935.html) though at the bottom.

Found a few spelling mistakes as well:
- privicy
- qality
- colous
- Tharapy- continous

How about adding a map of the area your cover?

Add some keywords to the title of your page.

Shorten some of the text using headings if possible to make the page easier to read.

Just my 2 pence worth :)

Add some keywords to the title of your page.

Shorten some of the text using headings if possible to make the page easier to read.

Not sure what u mean here?

I would also make your contact number bigger. :hug:

Well it's not really finished. Need to add a gallery and other bits and pieces. Still working on keywords and tags!!!:eek::eek:

My head is pounding now so thts me for tonight.

By the way thanks to those who recommended free websites. I went with a company called Yola.

Let me know what yo think of my first attempt and and suggestions welcome

Many thanks,x

Do u know if there's anway of changing the font on yola?? i'm trying to find a free website provider moonfruit is good but not keen on there templates and yola cn't figure out how to change font.

I didnt even notice the spelling!

I did wonder about your enhancement prices though. I dont understand what an "indestructable french" was and also there is a bracketed note saying (lasts upto 3 weeks) I didnt think it was clear what that was refering too.

But overall well done!

hi

really like your website. think i might try making one through yola too.

i noticed you do bleaching. i was thinking of putting this on my menu but looking for best bleach to use. i'd thought of jolene but a fellow geek mentioned south beach lightening gel but not to sure if thats what i was looking for. its more if someone wanted facial/arm bleaching and i think south beach is more for down below, going by what i've read what do you use?

thanks

Regarding key words and tags, don't worry too much about these at the moment as many search engines such as google put more store on the website contents. Make sure that you have lots of proper descriptions so that they can pick up on these. Especially important is to get the areas you cover on the home page (where is Workington, what county is it?). A potential client may search for "nail salon Workington" but is just as likely to search for the county or nearest large town etc

Another tip is to put your business details with a link to the website on all the free business listings you can find. Try doing a few searches yourself for treatments that you do and see which sites come up - follow the links and put a listing on there for yourself. Make sure you put as much info as possible because it makes clients more confident to get in touch with you if you've put a little effort into descriptions etc.

Hope this helps a little and good luck xx

Do u know if there's anway of changing the font on yola?? i'm trying to find a free website provider moonfruit is good but not keen on there templates and yola cn't figure out how to change font.

click on text then your text boxes pop up allowing you to change size colour and font of text.

Thanks also the everyone for their help, iv'e just spent the last couple of hours registering on free advertising sites. I'll five it a coupleof days and do a search and see what happens.

The Indestructable French Manicure is a French natural nail overlay using gel. Not sure about the bracketed 3 weeks. Probably something that i should've deleted somewhere....lol

Trying to sort out a gallery although making them look good on camera isn't as easy as it looks is it. Need to add a little staging and props to create an image.

A massive thanks to everyone for their help. I'm now appearing 2nd on the first page of Google!!

I would recommend you make the writing darker hun. My eyes are really good and found myself squinting to read it. So i'm just thinking of someone whose eyes are not very good
xxx

I would recommend you make the writing darker hun. My eyes are really good and found myself squinting to read it. So i'm just thinking of someone whose eyes are not very good
xxx

OK, thanks i'll have a look at that

Your site looks really good! :green:

:idea: To help Google index your site you can use Google Webmaster tools.

When at the Google page you will see login in the top right.
Register there, then when logged in click on Webmaster tools.
Follow instructions, I cannot go through everything in this message, but you need to verify you site (add code to the first page).

Creating a site map and adding this to the site then pointing Google to it allows Google to 'crawl' and index your site better (finding more information which can then be found by people searching).

Another Google tool to use is Google Analytics, this gives you visit information and loads of statistics!

:)It is generally better to have a lot of product information and keywords on your home page, so instead of information about you there, do product overviews and images, more catchy when you arrive at the site, then links to the other area's of your site from there, this also makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site. Have an about us link in the tool bar instead.

Apologies if you're all asleep by now :zzz:

Also adding your company details to online directories helps, there are a lot of free ones, then when searching people find your site through the directory and link to your site, the more links you get from other sites helps raise the profile also.

Putting you location on the home page might help, people searching for salons in Workington might find you easier, mention Workington on the site where possible even at the top of each page, Beauty FX - Workington, or some other subtle method to get your location mentioned often.

There are many ways to make your site be found, none are the best, doing everything you can helps. The ones I have mentioned are relatively easy and free.

The images in the back ground are good, just need cropping to remove the area's off the black mat or change the angle when taking the pictures...

I don't mean to sound too critical :lol:, just give some tips as I like how your site is currently and you have kept it simple which is good.

:eek: If the Google stuff is over the top for you don't worry, but if you do feel like trying it and get stuck, just ask for help....

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your help.

I know what yo mean about the first page. I'nm going to do a new page "about us" and keep the front page as eyecatching and informative as i can. I want to grab their attention and interst in what i offer.

As for Google Webmaster. I have logged onto it and tried to add google analytics but not sure what happened. When i viewed my site, at the bottom of the page it said Google Analytics. Is this right???? No info or nothing. tried this a couple of weeks ago so maybe have another try.

Urm... what else did you say?...need to go back and read the rest of your post...!!

Thanks again

Beautyline thanks for the info., I to have just put up a web site. But when I check out Google analyticy and read the terms and conditions it says something about they can charge you from time to time, so this isn't free right? Or did I do it wrong. Your information is great, can you check my web site franjessnailspa.com and tell me what you think? Also same question for other geeks. Thanks femmefan for your info too. :) Sorry Northern Nails Haven't check out your site yet but I going to.

I liked you web, very pretty flower. Did you mean 45min. on your pamper page instade of 45 hours at the start of the page. Nails look good.

Northern Nails, if you havn't already, you need to add your site to webmaster tools and then add a sitemap, to verify you own the site follow these instructions.

The tracking code that Google analytics requires need to be added into the HTML code, not on your page. So when it is added Google can read it, but it does not appear on the page when you view it.
So you need to copy the code and add it to the HTML where Google analytic asks you to, you should have the option to edit HTML or code in your website software. If you are using online software this might be a little more difficult:rolleyes:, although you could send them an email and ask if it is possible.

Do still ask if stuck, it can be difficult to sort a particular problem from afar, private message to aviod filling this thread up and if we identy a problem and a solution I'll post concise instructions for others to follow...
(it was easy for me, I asked our website designers to add the code, but I do know about HTML code and may be able to help).

Franjess, I'll look into that Monday when back at work, I thought it was free and hope I'm not missing something. I guess they will say that to cover themselves as some of the services such as addwords they charge for.
Ahah, just did a quick search in Google Analyitics forum and found this, so it is free....:!:

Just looked at your website Franjess, it looks good.:)

The underlined words on the home page made me think they are links and I tried clicking on them.

If you add more keyword to include more products and services your site will come up in more searches.

Hi, i think its good. On the tanning page spelling mistake spay (spray)

Not sure i like the font or colour of it looks like the bottom is cut off the words especially on the tanning page.

Think the text needs to be broken up with pictures or something.

Sorry don't mean to come across rude, just think it would look better with a few little changes. Really like the pictures of your work.

Im not an expert on web design myself although i did make one for my candle and accessories business if you'd like to see, i still have work to do on it its www.candlesandaccessories.co.uk

Good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back