Katie Price becoming a nail technician...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to suggest that South East Asian techs working in Non-Standard Salons are not even remotely aware of the education and training available for nail techs.

It seems to me that many South East Asian techs have plenty of skills - it is such a massive industry to these people that it cannot have developed as much as it has without education and training.

There are plenty of salons run by other races who can't be bothered to educate and train themselves properly but we do not feel the need to 'think of practical ways to help them'.

The education and training is there for anyone - even a Martian - to find at the click of a button.

And if nails is your thing there is no excuse for not being able to source it, pay for it, and do it.

And I say this with respect to all people.

Peace and respect

Jacqui

I'm sure *flower" is aware that these techs are highly skilled and perhaps are well aware of the education that's out there, but I'm sure they must feel a bit isolated as there is so much racial prejudice out there.

Last edited:
This seems to suggest that South East Asian techs working in Non-Standard Salons are not even remotely aware of the education and training available for nail techs.

As strange and difficult to believe as it seems, this is actually correct.

Not everything in this world is plain black and white.
Most of the time with most things, there are grey areas.

What you see, hear and think sometimes is not neccessarily the whole truth.

shes actually done her full acrylic training with harmony. so i think ull find shes more then competant harmony wont pass unless uve shown a high standard of nail and also proven u know the basics behind it, harmony have said how hard she has worked and the extra hours she put it, she collected her certificate from the pro beauty show, like others have said just hope she doesnt bring out something that should b professionally done for diyers! as much as i dont care for her wish her the best.

May I remove emotion from my post - race is irrelevant, if you are in business you have a duty of care to your clients to be educated and trained.

I see no reason why the nail industry should be the exception to the training and education rule ... unless the nail salon is based on the Moon where they may not have Google.

What you see, hear and think sometimes is not neccessarily the whole truth.

Peace and respect

Jacqui xx

I'm not making any conclusions. I don't need to.

BUT On here, on salon geek, whenever we talk about MMA and NSS, it means the South East Asian Market. What I think we should be doing is to firstly put down our prejudice and think of more practical ways to help these South East Asian Salons in terms of education and training instead.

Whoa there Flower! Surely you're not suggesting that a whole continent of Nail techs are uneducated and incompetent. I've seen plenty of shoddy work from salons in the UK with home grown 'talent' who complete a one day course and think they know it all.

Now I understand why my daughter-in-law (who is Japanese) gets irked by some of the dozy comments she has to put up with by a minority of clients at her Nail Salon in London.

She is far from uneducated, she has 3 University degrees (From Japan & England) and speaks several languages, but more importantly, her nail art is beautiful.

However, getting back to your point, I think the solution that most of us would prefer in the UK at least, is a State organised registration system that ensures that minimum standards of education are completed before anyone is allowed to practise. Then it doesn't matter what someone's nationality is as long as they're competent and follow safe practices. :D

Whoa there Flower! Surely you're not suggesting that a whole continent of Nail techs are uneducated and incompetent.

:D

No, that is not what I was suggesting and people who actually know me will know the reasons why.

I don't think any of my points has been understood at all. In fact, I think my points are started to be taken the opposite way. But nevertheless hopefully one day - and will be very soon - I may be able to prove my point.

As Jacqui says 'peace and respect' to you all.
Let's get back to Katie Price.... :lol:

Fully qualified nail tech with huge bangers

Fully qualified nail tech with huge bangers

pahahaha!! all i worry about is her bringing out some form of her own gel polish for DIYers to do at home!

pahahaha!! all i worry about is her bringing out some form of her own gel polish for DIYers to do at home!

Like myleene klass nail wraps? Ha x

I think its fab that Katie has trained to do these things, no doubt her own brands will come out - and why not? :) I look forward to (possibly) big loud pink packaging and diamate encrusted bottles.. not to mention a new exciting product to try.

The other thing to think about geeks is that if she does bring a range out, think about what it could do for your business?

I think any range that Katie brings out in the beauty world will take off and at the end of the day, many DIY'ers do their own Shellac, acrylics, gels etc... this wouldnt be something any nail range would be exempt from I would have thought.

Latest posts

Back