Katie Price becoming a nail technician...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe she wants to understand the industry before she launches herself into it? I heard a radio interview with Brian Moore (ex England Rugby player and qualified solicitor) last week - him and his wife have opened a nail salon in Soho and he decided that he couldn't run a business he didn't understand so he trained with OPI. He's not a full time tech but he has done nails in the salon, and enjoyed it.

Good luck to KP, she's chosen a good company to train with and she's smart enough to make a success of it, as she has done with her many other ventures. I don't get the vitriol about her, none of us actually 'know' her.

Another positive is that it will raise the profile of nail treatments to the magazine reading public - more clients for all of us!
agree.
that lady has a sharp business head on her. she'll have a camera crew following her for the whole training etc so i think that the whole area of h&s, product quality, standards etc will get a good airing . that can only be a good thing. love her or loathe her she has a huge celebrity profile and she'll be promoting high end , quality work.

She is also working on her new song / album with Dane Bowers lol x

Has she only trained in Gelish ? Coz she always looks like she wears L&P to me.
Anyway I'm not bothered what she does as long as she doesn't bring out a KP endorsed gel polish for Diy'ers at home that think if she can do it so can they coz "it's soooo easy" ........

Totally agree that more people will be aware and maybe get their nails done! Look what happened when she did hd brows! I think it's great when a celeb promotes a service that I can offer, look what Towie has done for spray tanning lol! Xx

She would probably make a really good tech, having her nails done for years and watching how it's done. I saw a pic on fb and her model had a form on and she had an acrylic brush in her hand looks like she was learning sculpted nails. She can open her own salon she has the money to do so. I won't say what I think about her but her client probably fell asleep listening to her non pitch, monotone voice. I hope she does highlight the use of MMA ans NSS salons. She is using quality products so I hope she stays professional and doesn't launch her own product range.xx

Scrap that last comment it was very unprofessional of me!

I dont for one minute think she is going to become a nail tech.She is just doing something else to fill up her programme when another series starts.I presume its all being filmed.

I dont for one minute think she is going to become a nail tech.She is just doing something else to fill up her programme when another series starts.I presume its all being filmed.
It's a great advert for our industry! :D

I think it is commendable that he has trained in Gelish and HD brows lets hope her training doesn't stop. If she opens her own salon and shows that she knows her stuff then good in her :)

She is a business woman and a very good one at the although some her methods of making money aren't so commendable but she knows where to put her money.

I say watch this space, it could be a salon, it could be a range of beauty products, whatever it is it will definitely cause a stir....she always does.

I am not her biggest fan, but very impressed she has done some training :)

Last edited:
I disagree that Katie Price will be a 'good ambassador against the NSS and MMA'.

Katie price doesn't know enough about the nail industry, products, chemistry and more importantly about the South East Asian nail market to comment on their position in the industry. Anything she will say, will be what everyone else has informed her to say.

In fact, in great honestly, I feel that most of us here do not know enough about the South East Asian Nail commmunity to keep making our very bias conclusions.

I disagree that Katie Price will be a 'good ambassador against the NSS and MMA'.

Katie price doesn't know enough about the nail industry, products, chemistry and more importantly about the South East Asian nail market to comment on their position in the industry. Anything she will say, will be what everyone else has informed her to say.

In fact, in great honestly, I feel that most of us here do not know enough about the South East Asian Nail commmunity to keep making our very bias conclusions.

I think your post proves your point perfectly i.e. "making a very bias conclusion" that all NSS are run by the South East Asian community. They are run by many different races.

I'm not making any conclusions. I don't need to.

BUT

On here, on salon geek, whenever we talk about MMA and NSS, it means the South East Asian Market.

I don't neccessary agree with it, but being extra careful with our words does not mean it hides the fact that this area of our nail industry is extremely discrimated against.

What I was trying to say however, is that I personally think that most of us on here, and especially Katie Price, does not know enough about the South East Asian market to understand what they do, why they do and their very enclosed community to continually draw up unnecessary assumptions.

How can you be an Ambassador for something that you have no knowledge in at all...?

The key to improving South East Asian Salons is education. Why are we thinking of asking a celebrity who has no knowledge of the nail industry and no understanding of this particular community to try and help or even worse, campaign against them..?

What I think we should be doing is to firstly put down our prejudice and think of more practical ways to help these South East Asian Salons in terms of education and training instead.

Last edited:
If Katie Price has done some training to gain some knowledge and insight into what is involved then good for her. If its top notch training and eventually televised I hope it will show many many people what they could look for in their training courses. If it is for a future program about any salon she's planning to open I hope it shows great work ethics and practices and shows clients watching what they should expect.

Personally topics like this make me squirm, the constructive comments are great, but why does it have to get personal? She is used to reading comments about herself I'm sure but if she has read this forum she might wonder, like me, why we will be direct with some one for not having training in some topics and why they should and yet just because she is Katy Price she is sniped at for doing just that. If she was photographed in her own garden doing her Friends and Mums nails we would be in uproar, she does some training and she's still ridiculed.

Go figure.

Some people are so bitter! Let her get on with it! :lol:

Sorry but can't believe there are 2 pages of comments about this subject, my view is who really cares and I don't mean that at all in a derogatory way just I'm sure there could be better subjects to discuss :lol:

Sorry but can't believe there are 2 pages of comments about this subject, my view is who really cares and I don't mean that at all in a derogatory way just I'm sure there could be better subjects to discuss :lol:

Times like these salon geek needs a like button x

Times like these salon geek needs a like button x
There is a 'like' button. Click on the heart to the right of the post to 'heart' the post.
You may not see the heart if your on your phone x

Totally agree - on my phone so can't <3 u Klassy!! Let's hope she doesn't join SG Lmao!!
I attended Pro Beauty yesterday & the OPI stand was cleared for 40 minutes waiting for her to turn up - they turned away business because of it - not all of us are Z lister fans .... I fear she will either bring out her own DIY polish gel & sell a fortune -belittling us on the way...

I'm not making any conclusions. I don't need to.

BUT

On here, on salon geek, whenever we talk about MMA and NSS, it means the South East Asian Market.

I don't neccessary agree with it, but being extra careful with our words does not mean it hides the fact that this area of our nail industry is extremely discrimated against.

What I was trying to say however, is that I personally think that most of us on here, and especially Katie Price, does not know enough about the South East Asian market to understand what they do, why they do and their very enclosed community to continually draw up unnecessary assumptions.

How can you be an Ambassador for something that you have no knowledge in at all...?

The key to improving South East Asian Salons is education. Why are we thinking of asking a celebrity who has no knowledge of the nail industry and no understanding of this particular community to try and help or even worse, campaign against them..?

What I think we should be doing is to firstly put down our prejudice and think of more practical ways to help these South East Asian Salons in terms of education and training instead.

This seems to suggest that South East Asian techs working in Non-Standard Salons are not even remotely aware of the education and training available for nail techs.

It seems to me that many South East Asian techs have plenty of skills - it is such a massive industry to these people that it cannot have developed as much as it has without education and training.

There are plenty of salons run by other races who can't be bothered to educate and train themselves properly but we do not feel the need to 'think of practical ways to help them'.

The education and training is there for anyone - even a Martian - to find at the click of a button.

And if nails is your thing there is no excuse for not being able to source it, pay for it, and do it.

And I say this with respect to all people.

Peace and respect

Jacqui

There is a 'like' button. Click on the heart to the right of the post to 'heart' the post.
You may not see the heart if your on your phone x

Awww I'm on my phone! Boo lol x

Latest posts

Back