Katie Price becoming a nail technician...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Aussie geeks, she is known as Jordan here.

yeah she did gelish training with harmony, harmony posted a pic on their fb wall.

I remember watching one of her shows years ago when she was having her nails done and commenting that she'd love to learn how to do it. Can't really see the harm myself she's being trained by a reputable brand. I don't agree with everything she does but I don't agree with the total pasting she gets she's hardly a monster!

I say good on her. She's is a very good business woman and I can't see why it would be wrong for her to train.

I have no doubt she will launch a product to go with her training and if I could get away with it I would too.

X

I am sick of celebrities with fingers in every pie because they are greedy buggers.

She's loaded through being a glamour model and IT girl to begin with.

Kiss and Tell stories of her conquests gave her a few more quid as well.

Then she became a mum, writer, TV personality, has a perfume brand blah blah ad nauseam.

People have degrees in creative and professional writing and still cannot get published.

She writes a load of trash and bang straight onto shelves.

I don't dislike KP at all but there comes a point that you just want to scream the old adage, "don't give up your day job!"

There is a little red heart at the bottom right of all posts now, you can click that in a post to 'heart' it, or like it in other words x

Aw thanks :)
Use my phone most of the time and it doesn't seem to have it :(

Cxx

I say good on her too. Hope this means she retires from the celeb lifestyle and out of my magazines lol

Katie Price is probably the most irritating "celebrity" ever made by tv!

All she does is for advertisement of herself only... I bet she's thinking that if she gets into the "circle" of beauty therapist it will allow her to launch some new products (so far she hasn't been successful) and she'll earn some more money giving her "professional" expertise.

There may be some of you who really love her and there may be some of you who think like me- she's a waste of time :)

Oops I've just wasted 3min writing about her :)

Cheerio! Xxx

Poor woman!!! Like her or not, she's doing what we moan about other people NOT doing and that's **training**...!!!

Good on her, she's got the money to try different lines of work and have a dabble at doing things, why the hell shouldn't she?? If she then makes money by bringing out her own brand then good for her!

As it happens, I'm not one of her biggest fans for how she otherwise lives her life but when it comes to petty things like this, it's ridiculous!

Or maybe she wants to understand the industry before she launches herself into it? I heard a radio interview with Brian Moore (ex England Rugby player and qualified solicitor) last week - him and his wife have opened a nail salon in Soho and he decided that he couldn't run a business he didn't understand so he trained with OPI. He's not a full time tech but he has done nails in the salon, and enjoyed it.

Good luck to KP, she's chosen a good company to train with and she's smart enough to make a success of it, as she has done with her many other ventures. I don't get the vitriol about her, none of us actually 'know' her.

Another positive is that it will raise the profile of nail treatments to the magazine reading public - more clients for all of us!

Haven't had time to read all the posts as a client due any minute lol

Not a massive fan of KP, but it's bound to get publicity in magazines and possibly on TV etc, not to mention internet, and I think anything that reminds people to get their nails done has to be good for all of us xx

Good luck to her, as she has trained maybe it will give those nail tech's who think they can offer treatments with no training think again.
Jade Goody trained in beauty and opened her own salon, maybe KP is having money problems x

Or maybe she wants to understand the industry before she launches herself into it? I heard a radio interview with Brian Moore (ex England Rugby player and qualified solicitor) last week - him and his wife have opened a nail salon in Soho and he decided that he couldn't run a business he didn't understand so he trained with OPI. He's not a full time tech but he has done nails in the salon, and enjoyed it.

Good luck to KP, she's chosen a good company to train with and she's smart enough to make a success of it, as she has done with her many other ventures. I don't get the vitriol about her, none of us actually 'know' her.

Another positive is that it will raise the profile of nail treatments to the magazine reading public - more clients for all of us!
Hopefully she will help raise the awarness of the use of MMA in magazines too! Wouldnt want all the magazine readers rushing off and queing up in their local NSS salon to get thier nails done like KP's!

Katie Price if your reading this would you please help us? lol

If she has "Good on her" x

I'm not a fan of Katie Price (in fact whenever she opens her mouth to speak I feel like my IQ is melting away) but she had a good business brain and knows how to market herself. I gave up teaching and gigging (was a musician and teacher) to train to become a nail tech because it relaxed me. Something my previous lifestyle didn't. So maybe doing hers or friends and families nails is like "down time" for her. She may possibly make a goo ambassador for the campaign against NSS and MMA. She may well be a good spokesperson on the importance of education in our industry, after all she and her MUA are trained in HD Brows and I'm sure I read somewhere eyelashes too (but not too sure about that one) so its not really like she woke up one morning and said "I think i'll own a beauty salon today". I can't believe I'm defending her but maybe we should be using these "celebrities" that want to join our industry and embrace them. They are in some ways bringing us business. People ask for the latest celebrity trend. Just my opinion. Xx

Just like a lot of us, She has a passion, she's following that passion and doing it in a good way-by training with reputable brands. If she opens a salon then good for her and I hope she does well.

I would love to open a salon, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to at the moment, but I won't get my claws out over people that do, whoever they are and whatever their background.

I totally agree with you Vetty. Anything to raise the profile of nails in the public eye...and love her or hate her KP is a smart girl and is ultimately building a business to allow her to look after her family. Isn't that what we are all trying to do :hug:

I used to follow Rugby Union when the gorgeous Will Carling was playing, and heard that Brian Moore was a qualified nail tech. That knowledge won me loads of brownie points at work one day when chatting to some of the blokes...they didn't believe me and had to google it...then eat humble pie :D

I think good on her.
I read somewhere, Cant remember where now, a few days ago, that she did the training so she could do her nails and those of her friends and family.
Why not?? Just because someone trains in something doesnt mean they have to make a "job" out of it or do it for monetary interest.

I have many different qualifications behind me, none of which I use or have ever used for a job. Im qualified in Beauty Therapy, but when I originally did it 8 years ago, I only ever did it for personal interest so I could "Beautify" myself and learn correctly how to do it.
x

Latest posts

Back