KGB Deals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrymarie

Reaction score
This is just to rave about KGB deals really and help anyone struggling to start up!

I did a deal on there for a full body massage and scalp massage, usually £55, now £12.

It might seem really cheap and it is but atlas it's getting people knowing about me and booking it, i'd rather sell 100 at £12, than none at £55! Starting up is about spreading the word and this has definitely done that!!

It ends tonight and so far i have sold 123 of them! I am SOO happy, i've been getting bookings left right and centre. They also get 20% off their next 2 treatments so a few have been re-booking for those aswell!

Such a difference to how i felt a few weeks ago.. i was literally wondering what i'd done, so depressed and was going to give up, i'm SO glad i didn't!

I've planned another deal but this time with LivingSocial, it's a full body massage but with a choice of any facials i offer for £29 instead of £80 and the guy that came to see me thinks i'll easily sell 300 of them, i hope he's right, i'd love to see that amount paid into my account!!

Now the only hard bit is doing all the massages i've sold!! I had 6 on saturday, 'luckily' 2 cancelled but i was still so tired! lol!

I would recommend either living social or KGB to anyone starting up and just to get the word out and clients in!!

Do you have to have a salon or can you be mobile?

im not sure actually, but if you sign up on their website as a business they will ring you to talk about it! x

Yip, you can also do it for you're Mobile as they contacted my other half.

Problem with mobile though, is by the time you agree a price with KGB (part of the 118-118 group), and then factor in petrol costs, it leaves you with next to nothing.

What my other half did irrc, was limit the area she would cover to 10-12 miles fro our home address.

Knowing our luck we would've got someone 100 mile away wanting a treatment, also at £12. She'd of been paying her to do it! lol

I'm glad I've seen this thread as I was thinking of doing one with Groupon which I think is a similar idea?
Can I ask how much you have to pay KGB? Is it a percentage of how much money you make?
Thanks

Personally i would watch out using groupon i used them andthey didnt listen tothe amount to cap it i asked for it to b capped at 200 and they let it go for 3000 so instead of it bein a little xmas offer it has now turned it into a full year good but struggling to rebook my regular clients in because of vouchers also groupon only pay out wen u put the vouchers in meaning if clients dnt show up or dnt use it groupon get the cash not u i have just done another with itison they only take 20% and u get all the cash even if clients dnt use it just b carefulxx

I'm glad I've seen this thread as I was thinking of doing one with Groupon which I think is a similar idea?
Can I ask how much you have to pay KGB? Is it a percentage of how much money you make?
Thanks

Can't remember the exact percentages but KGB was definitely less than Groupon. I considered doing it offering a package so at least you're in one place for a few treatments (I'm mobile) but in the end put it on the back burner as the summer is a fairly busy time for me anyway and my eldest is on school hols for most of it so it's nice to pick and choose.

I might consider it for the October lull, but again, it'd be a package offer.

My concern would be booking appointments for the offers and losing out on full price appointments. You lose £43 per massage, that's alot over a period of time.

Do they set the price?

Why did you have to discount by SO much?
From a clients point of view I would see the normal price as over-priced if you can afford to only charge £12 on the offer.
Things are always slow when you are first starting out, you will start to get busier and word of mouth will bring in truck loads of new clients. You just have to be patient.
:)

Ok thanks, I'll look into Itison :)

I think the idea of these companies is to set such a low price that people feel they cannot turn it away and you generally get more business in a shorter amount of time. You can then take their details and include them in newsletters as well as trying to re-book them for another treatment.

Obviously I wouldn't recommend doing it all the time but I do think it's good for starting out, particularly for spreading the word and getting practice & experience.

I have used groupon and KGB for my salon, groupon sold far more and took 50% KGB sold a lot less and they take 35%

kgb take a minimum 35 % and you have to discount 70- 75% dicount off marked price. hth

Personally i would watch out using groupon i used them andthey didnt listen tothe amount to cap it i asked for it to b capped at 200 and they let it go for 3000 so instead of it bein a little xmas offer it has now turned it into a full year good but struggling to rebook my regular clients in because of vouchers also groupon only pay out wen u put the vouchers in meaning if clients dnt show up or dnt use it groupon get the cash not u i have just done another with itison they only take 20% and u get all the cash even if clients dnt use it just b carefulxx
I would say 1 thing about groupon they have been on watch dog over this and also letting non existent businesses use their program.
sazzax

This is just to rave about KGB deals really and help anyone struggling to start up!

I did a deal on there for a full body massage and scalp massage, usually £55, now £12.

It might seem really cheap and it is but atlas it's getting people knowing about me and booking it, i'd rather sell 100 at £12, than none at £55! Starting up is about spreading the word and this has definitely done that!!

It ends tonight and so far i have sold 123 of them! I am SOO happy, i've been getting bookings left right and centre. They also get 20% off their next 2 treatments so a few have been re-booking for those aswell!

Such a difference to how i felt a few weeks ago.. i was literally wondering what i'd done, so depressed and was going to give up, i'm SO glad i didn't!

I've planned another deal but this time with LivingSocial, it's a full body massage but with a choice of any facials i offer for £29 instead of £80 and the guy that came to see me thinks i'll easily sell 300 of them, i hope he's right, i'd love to see that amount paid into my account!!

Now the only hard bit is doing all the massages i've sold!! I had 6 on saturday, 'luckily' 2 cancelled but i was still so tired! lol!

I would recommend either living social or KGB to anyone starting up and just to get the word out and clients in!!

I have contacted KGB twice now via their site (second contact mentioned that fact!) and STILL no-one has replied :(

Does anyone have a direct telephone number you could post or pm me on please?

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back