kids, tiss-up's and ambulances !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Well after feeling ill all week and looking forward to a lie in this morning i am woke by screaming from my 7 year old daughter....time after time i tell them about tissing up and cartwheels...do they listen...of course not :irked: ...no more than i did when i was a kid.

I ran downstairs to find Amber in alot of pain saying she landed on her head funny and cant move her neck :eek: now i know all about not moving them so taking her to the docs was out of the question..rang Rob who was at work and he agreed that i needed to ring for a ambulance...(never done this before) bit worried i was over reacting but then i didn't want to take any risks...anyway they came about 5 mins later like knights in shining armer...(well jolly green giant uniforms..lol) and they checked her over and said it was muscular damage and that after a rest she would be fine.

They where absolutely fantastic and really cant be praised enough...I always worry about things like this as i am not a rush to the docs every time they sneeze kind of mum...and i hate to feel that i am wasting there time, but they assured me that i did the right thing and that this is what they are here for....(still amazes me that a bloke with a fancy hair doo who kicks a leather ball around gets £20'000 plus a week and these guys along with firemen, nurses etc get sod all...:mad: ) They calmed her right down, reassured me and gave me a list of things to look out for in the next few hours/days...pins and needles and sickness etc. These guys are good !!!

Well she is now doing a puzzle and seems ok....so drama over with...till the next time :lol:

Maybe tomorrow i will get my lie in :rolleyes:

xxx

aww bless her heart, hope she feels better soon Angie... huge hugs to Amber :hug: xxx

Oh honestly - kids eh!! Glad she's OK though.

I remeber doing the very same thing when I was a kid (a looooooooooong time ago now hehe). I was doing handstands on my bed and fell down between the head of the bed and the wall :o . Had headache for days, and a sore butt from mum :smack: for messing about.

Martine x

aww poor amber :hug: glad to hear you are both ok now babe x

wot a scare for you angie, glad amber is ok, but its the parents who get the worst shock isnt it, takes us a bit longer to recover.
i agree with you the ambulance service are fantastic, you here the media slaiting them over time taken to get to people, but when joe was 6 months old he was left with his auntie i came home from work and he was nearly unconcious and i rang an ambulance they where there within minutes and blue lighted him straight to hospital they where fantastic.

(still amazes me that a bloke with a fancy hair doo who kicks a leather ball around gets £20'000 plus a week and these guys along with firemen, nurses etc get sod all...:mad: ) They calmed her right down, reassured me and gave me a list of things to look out for in the next few hours/days...pins and needles and sickness etc. These guys are good !!!

Well she is now doing a puzzle and seems ok....so drama over with...till the next time :lol:

Maybe tomorrow i will get my lie in :rolleyes:

xxx
Oh the joys of parenting Angie! It's a blessing no harm done. Kids will be kids!

Couldn't agree with you more though about firemen, nurses etc..... versus kicking balls and rediculous salaries. My hubby has just left the house to go and do a ward round. He's on call all weekend, chances are we won't see him much. He will save lives and reassure others and NOBODY will thank him for it or pay him extra.:rolleyes: xx

Glad it wasn't anything to serious babe but sure it must have been pretty traumatic nevertheless. hope you manage that laying in the morning. you could always try the bribery and corruption thing ill give you a pound if you can let me have an extra hour in bed. x

I am pleased to hear it wasn't serious.

I understand you completely. I'm not a mother to panick and trot of to the Dr's for everything (while hubby wants to take them to the hosp every time they have a cold:rolleyes: )

My eldest is hell on wheels. she NEVER stops, has only one speed - FAST, and NEVER stops talking/singing. (I was shopping the other day, and told her "Mereena, please stop talking for 2minutes, I can't think with all your chatter" and a Grandmotherly sort was passing me by and covered her mouth and chuckled at me. Mereena then asked "why momma, am I making you crazy?" That was it, Grandma cracked right up.

Anyway, Mereena freaks me out all the time. She dives into things without a thought and I always worry she'll get hurt. I HATE taking her to the park as she wants on the monkey bars.
She's only 5yrs, but the size of a 7 or 8yr old, she's so tall. I try to explain she's too young, but she sees other kids - older ones - her size on the monkey bars...
she's just not cautious enough.... I can't turn my back for a moment.
She's constantly having spills. Heck, I even have to get after her about the stairs. She can't walk.. it's always skipping and jumping and running and with 2 flights of stairs in our house..... she falls down them once a week and every single time she's on the stairs, I'm hollering "stop running" but by the time I've said it, she's reached the bottom:rolleyes:

Anyway, very glad wee one's ok! You did the right thing. Better safe than sorry
(sorry for my ramble lol)
:hug:

Thanks for you well wishes, she is fine now...bit stiff but ok....and so far, no more tiss-ups....has she learnt her lesson ???? only time will tell...lol

xxx

Bless....ambulance service are great....coming from the land of Casualty on the 2 occasions I have had to call them they have been fantastic....glad you and your babes are fine xxx

What is a tiss up? Is it a childs pi** up?????

What a pants day for you:hug:

x

Glad she's ok. Must have been a fright for you though.

Oh, what fun is parenting!!!!:lol:

What is a tiss up? Is it a childs pi** up?????

What a pants day for you:hug:

x

you know when they tiss up and stuff...handstands, cartwheels, throwing them selfs over furniture...tiss-ups....:lol:

my mum always used to tell me off for 'tissing up':green:

Remember doing a backflip on the bed once in her bedroom .....caught my toes on the built in wardrobes that went over the bed:eek: FRIG me it hurt !

Dont remember doing it again in a hurry!

Hope she's ok matey:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you know when they tiss up and stuff...handstands, cartwheels, throwing them selfs over furniture...tiss-ups....:lol:
Never heard the expression before. Well ya learn something every day! xx

I have never heard of it either???? Might try it out though " stop tissing up you little sh*ts"

My mom used to call it pis* arsi*g about.... she has a fowl mouth!

xx

Aahh bless - glad she's ok. I'd never heard that saying before either.

Glad the ambulance guys did their job wel - nice to hear them getting the praise they deserve. My dad's a paramedic and he would definitely say you did the right thing calling them out - there are plenty of calls that aren't worthy of a call out (they got a call out once from a guy who couldn't turn the tv over and another who couldn't open his pills - not urgent pills either).

Anyway hope she's up and about soon. xx

I have called them once and they were great... hubby had a big fall in bedroom and blood everywhere.. and all the ambulance men could say to me was "bet you have never had 3 men in you bed" i nearly chocked.. it was 2 in morning and i was in jim jams..:eek:

This sounds like the sort of thing I'd do to myself!

Hope everything is okay x

Latest posts

Back