Koleston 8/1?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Thinking of using 8/1 koleston on a client that I have coloured before, about 4 months ago short hair, 60 % grey at front used 8/3 with half 8 with scattered foils but it went too brassy, is 8/1 a nice colour, never used it before !!! X

I wouldn't use ash on grey it'll go khaki. Why not go for just 88/0?

Hi thanks 4 ur quick reply x I Looked at that, Im always a bit sacred of using base colours in case they goin flat but doin foil 2 so that should b ok ?

I use 8/1 on mums who has 80% grey and it covers well and doesn't go khaki! She like the cool blonde. You could mix 88/0 and 8/1.

i use 8/1 on a client with 80% grey lovely colour she loves it but does fade out quick. would also mix with 88/0 it will grab better.:p

forgot to ask what base is her natural hair colour:?:

About a6 Im scared now in case it goes green! Colouring is not my strongest point !

Well it hasn't on my mum, now she's more grey I find I have to add base, 88/0. her natural base is a 6/7. I mix it with 6% too.

/1 wouldn't go khaki it's blue! X

/1 is not blue. /8 is blue.

/1 sits right in the middle of the colour star and neutralises everything a little bit but not fully. That's why it is such a popular tone with blondes ect because it is a safe tone to use. It doesn't fully neutralise any tone though.

I would suggest 8/17, this is a nice colour for grey, it is not too warm like 8/3 but will not cool the colour down too much.

:)

/1 sits right in the middle of the colour star and neutralises everything a little bit but not fully. That's why it is such a popular tone with blondes ect because it is a safe tone to use. It doesn't fully neutralise any tone though.

I would suggest 8/17, this is a nice colour for grey, it is not too warm like 8/3 but will not cool the colour down too much.

You sure? It seems to go pretty blue to me, /8 is soft ash/blue

Yes I'm positive. Look on the mix and more colours at the back of your shade chart and you will see that 0/88 is blue. :)

Yes I'm positive. Look on the mix and more colours at the back of your shade chart and you will see that 0/88 is blue. :)

I don't have a shade chart of wella, hate their colours!

Cool, that's fine. I thought you had lots of Wella knowledge and loved the product as you always give Wella advice on here. Sorry, my mistake. :)

I know them inside out and give loads of advice but hate them lol

Think we'll agree to differ on that one, i've had some gorgeous colours from Wella over my 20 year hairdressing career. Wouldn't do for us all to be the same though would it. :)

I didn't think it was blue, but I didn't like to say cause I probably could have been wrong.
I was taught /1 is a bit of all the colours for instance when u was a kid and did painting and when u looked at your water pot it was muddy colour that's what ash is. May not be a good example lol!!

Hello
The 88/0 and all the doubles cant be put with any other tint as
this dilutes the double and therefore no point in using them.
can add mix tone to them but not another base.
This was told to me on Mon at Wella course by Technician
Hope this helps:D

Thanks 4 replies ! In the end I used 88./0 and very few fine scattered foil's, its STILL threw outside to much warmth, not obviously not as much as the 8/3 but 2 much for what I was aiming for, I sure she must be a ginger tryin to get out ! grrrr

Hello
The 88/0 and all the doubles cant be put with any other tint as
this dilutes the double and therefore no point in using them.
can add mix tone to them but not another base.
This was told to me on Mon at Wella course by Technician
Hope this helps:D

That's interesting, just wondering when you said it dilutes the double, did you mean it dilutes the tone ? X

Latest posts

Back