Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks girls, I'll give this a try! Just need a second stamper first :hug:

Ok so I have a REALLY SILLY question about Konad (only have my set a week).

Can you get the stamp to face the other way? For instance I was doing my big toe and wanted the stamp to face inwards on both feet. Is this possible? Sorry for being a dumbass :)
It's not a dumb question at all. You can make a mirror image of the design but it's not super easy and you do need two stampers.
All you have to do is pick up the design onto your stamper (as normal) and then press the design onto another stamper and then transfer it to the nail and hey presto you have a mirror image of the design.
A few geeks have tried it (Kristy if memory serves did it wonderfully).

Here's a link that explains it better: KONADDICT:Konad Nail Art Addict...KONAD TUTORIALS: Double you Image Plates-NOW- FREE!!!

Holy crap you girls are fast today :green:

These beautiful nails are Christine81's fabulous work.

christine81-albums-nails++nail+art3-picture41797-closeup-comp-nails.jpg

This is beyond beautiful and special, this is a whole new level of konad/stamping IMHO.

I have no clue how she did them (we are just going to have to get Christine to tell us :hug:), I do recognize the stamped design to be from the first BM set.

These are fab....and have inspired me! Im in devon atm but watch this space!!!

I believe the white flower is 3d acrylic work :).xx

Hehe picci....can't wait to see some of your Halloween ideas :) xx

Thanks ladies for sharing your wonderful pics, some really beautiful designs :Love:I'm really jealous as I still cant get mine to work right. I'm still having major issues with getting my Bio Sculpture UV top coat to seal over the Konad special polish - it's like the polish repels the UV top coat, so after I've cured and then wipe off the sticky at the end it just removes some areas of the stamp :cry:
I've posted in this thread previously, the Konad group and the Bio group hoping that someone can help but still no joy - does anyone else use Konad with Bio? There must be someone that can help put me out of my misery!!

One lovely geek did suggest that I put the stamp onto a layer of sealer gel as this worked for her - but alas, bits of the stamp still wiped off (which is sooooo annoying as I then have to file for ever to get the UV top coat and leftover bits of stamp off).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, don't want to beg but I'm getting desperate!!!

Actually I don't mind begging.....anyone....pretty please!!

Hi Elaine,

I am so sorry this isn't working for you even with the sealer coat as I suggested.:cry:

Do you put the UV coat on straight away or do you put it on once all the nails are done?
I put my UV coat on once I have stamped all 10 nails.
I also float a slightly thicker layer of UV gel on than I would do normally.

:idea:I also cure both my sealer coat and UV coat for 2 mins. Could this be the difference?

Hope this helps.

Carol

Hi Carol,
Thanks for your reply. I do all the above, and always cure the UV coat for 2mins. I'm just getting really frustrated. I'm thinking that the only other way is to complete all the gel as usual and then just putting the stamp over the cured UV and covering with normal/konad top coat - not ideal because the stamping wont last. I always use UV top coat over my own gel as it protects my nails when working on other peoples nails, if I do the above it means that my stamping will come off whenever I use dual cleanse.
One other way I thought of trying was putting sealer gel over the konad and then a coat of UV, I'll give it a try sometime this week.

Hi guys, haven't been on this site in a long time so not sure if this is how i post!! What i'm wanting to know is if anyone knows if there is any other site that the bundle monster plates ship internationally? As amazon wont ship them to my country (NZ)!!!! Bummer because my konad obsession is getting crazy and need a bundle monster fix! Haha thanks lovely's!:lol:

Incidentally for those lovely Geeks that asked about the Konad Halloween plate. if you order before Friday you can have it in time

I ordered set c konad and a m57 plate plus top coat a pink and a black special polish in they arrived today (super quick konad) I've just tried them out and is it just me or do you get polish, especially black EVERYWHERE!! seriously my hands are tinged black :-s maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't use these in salon if I'm gonna look filthy!! :-s please help!!

I ordered set c konad and a m57 plate plus top coat a pink and a black special polish in they arrived today (super quick konad) I've just tried them out and is it just me or do you get polish, especially black EVERYWHERE!! seriously my hands are tinged black :-s maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't use these in salon if I'm gonna look filthy!! :-s please help!!

There is talk about this earlier in this thread I think? Keep the cotton wool with remover on low down between your fingers by the knuckle, clean everything every 2-3 nails and change the cotton wool after each clean.

I've just started and my scraper is scratching and so don't know what I am doing wrong - please help xxx

I've just started and my scraper is scratching and so don't know what I am doing wrong - please help xxx

It will scratch a bit. Hold the scraper at a 4 degree angle with the logo facing up. Also you don't need to press really hard, you will get the knack very quickly :green:

Thank u , I'll try again tonight - it's stressing me out x

Thank u , I'll try again tonight - it's stressing me out x

Don't worry hun you will be fine. The main key is speed! Have you watch the application video?

Damn my nail shopping addiction after reading this whole thread last night just bought the Q plate, black monad polish and the stamper.
I'm a bio sculpture tech and I hope my clients love the konad if not I do! Lol

No where is the video ? Xx

Hi Debbs87

I do Bio Sculpture and my clients love it:)

Latest posts

Back