Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evaperk-albums-konad-picture42090-bridesmaid-fibreglass-enhancements-shellac-beau-konad-red-wine-sp-diamantes.jpg

A set of bridesmaids nails I did today

:suprised: Oh I had better find a plastic scraper then cos mine are getting really really scratched already, I take it they won't work if scratched badly? Why do they sell the kits with a metal scraper then?!?!? :rolleyes:

I am loving all of the new pictures! Wonderful work! :biggrin:

This is my mani today, even though I'm not really a blue/green fan I'm enjoying this mani,

picchi-albums-non+konad+stamps-picture42045-stamp-chg-adore-design-bm-223.jpg

Color Play #18 stamped with ChG Adore, BM225

I am having a problem with stamping on the free edge. I don't know why but I keep either missing the end of my nails or the stamp "slipping" a bit (if that makes sense?).
Totally inspired by yours
evaperk-albums-konad-picture42111-alternate-silver-gold-tiger-stripe-barry-m-chrome-polishes-over-tuttifruitti-shellac.jpg

Well all your pictures inspired me. I have just taken delivery of 6 plates, 8 special polish colours, stamper and holder. Can't wait to have a play tomorrow.

Funny, the plates are much smaller than I imagined. Looking at them on-line, I thought they were about the size of CDs!

Amazingly, one of my clients came in today back from a holiday in the US. She was really excited to show and tell me about some art which had been applied to one of her gel polished nails in a market. The system was called "Konad" she said :lol:

I've been playing with my new Konad stuff today, very impressed so far. I want more images. Looking on the dreaded Ebay, there seems to be loads of copycat or other brand plates, some of which are really really cheap. Anyone tried any other brand of plates and do they work well?

The main ones I can see seem to be hexagonal rather than round.

Hi JucyLucy

The Bundle Monster plates that are available on Amazon are great.

The 25 piece set is great. If you read through this thread, there were some problems with the 21 piece set in that they have very sharp edges but this can be overcome with some backing paper, but I believe the image stamping was fine (check the thread just in case).

About 10 years ago my mum bought me a nail stamping kit in which you placed your finger in this rest thing and it was supposed to print the image onto your nail. This had hexagon shaped plates. They are ok to manually stamp with but not brilliant.

Persoanlly I would stick to Konad or Bundle Monster when starting out.
HTH

Thank you, I just bought the 25 Monster Bundel, very cheap :biggrin:

Thanks again.

Sorry maybe totally random but I may be supplying the Konad for Kelly Rowland's Halloween nail art for X-Factor!!!

SOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! :Love:

Sorry maybe totally random but I may be supplying the Konad for Kelly Rowland's Halloween nail art for X-Factor!!!

Like like like like LIKE.

Can you send me to do her nails? Hehe x

Ok...let me take a moment...no use I'm still going to have to use caps for this...

OMG THAT IS SO VERY AMAZINGLY COOL!!!!

But good lord what are you going to send to her?

Here is my first ever attempt with Konad.
On my own natural nails.
I used the Konad plate, but with normal polish. Shocking pink and white. I LOVE them! And had SO many comments last night when at a school group. Nothing like using your own nails as a billboard!

Ignore the topcoat on the skin of my little finger, I took the photo on my iphone before I cleaned the skin up. oops.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 602
On my own natural nails.
I used the Konad plate, but with normal polish. Shocking pink and white. I LOVE them! And had SO many comments last night when at a school group. Nothing like using your own nails as a billboard!

Ignore the topcoat on the skin of my little finger, I took the photo on my iphone before I cleaned the skin up. oops.

Gorgeous! Well done!

ETA - I meant to copy the piccie not the text - oops!

Last edited:
On my own natural nails.

great job!

On my own natural nails.

This is adorable! Great job.

On my own natural nails.

These are lovely!! I can't believe they are your first go. Looks like u have got the nack down to a T :)

Keep it up and you Will be a master stamper in no time :) x

Ok...let me take a moment...no use I'm still going to have to use caps for this...

OMG THAT IS SO VERY AMAZINGLY COOL!!!!

But good lord what are you going to send to her?

I need to send things to her nail artist. I am waiting for her to call me to discuss what she needs :eek:

Will keep you post xx

http://www.bornprettystore.com/specials.php
This site has some konad plates for just $1.55 each at the min on the specials area all the others are cheap too and if you put BPS12 in the promotion code area at checkout you get 12% off anything that's not on special offer :)

Quality Nail Art & Nail Polish Products, Retail, Wholesale & OEM - bornprettystore.com
This site has some konad plates for just $1.55 each at the min on the specials area all the others are cheap too and if you put BPS12 in the promotion code area at checkout you get 12% off anything that's not on special offer :)

There are lots of reviews out there on the born pretty plates and their other nail art products. Over all it is all positive although some have mentioned that the plates that are copies of konad are a little hit and miss.

Latest posts

Back