Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh! I prefer that design and look over the crackle polishes, very clean.

Thanks so much for this thread. I never knew this existed until reading these forums and I'd really like to give it a go. Just remember all the fun we had at school doing the potato printing :D

LOL nicole :D Crackle was my inspiration for this mani.

Like Jo said I have done this mani before, but it's so quick and simple I slapped it on again.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the pic. But somehow yours is so much cleaner and well, more tidy! If that makes sense? I really prefer it over the crackle polish. I've just checked and guess what?? They will be at Olympia!!!:p

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the pic. But somehow yours is so much cleaner and well, more tidy! If that makes sense? I really prefer it over the crackle polish. I've just checked and guess what?? They will be at Olympia!!!:p

I believe Emmas design is off a bundle monster plate rather than a konad plate :) great though isn't it? They are available off amazon. Fab price too!

I can see me spending a fortune at Olympia...especially as CND Will be there and if konad is too like you say im going to be broke lol xx

Thanks for the post made me get my kit out and give it ba try loved and ordered more lol xxx

I can't wait to start having a play. I've got both old and new sets of Bundle Monster and 3 Konad plates, I just need to the nails to play with it now.

Loving the pics ladies, keep them coming!

Here is a clearer picture to the one in the opening post as i know the picture didnt do the nails justice.

Beau Shellac with Rock Star and Konad Nail Art2.jpg

Here is a clearer picture to the one in the opening post as i know the picture didnt do the nails justice.

View attachment 8574

I just love these nails!!! In the other picture I didn't really notice how the glitter in on the diagonal.

Once my nails are longer I'm going to try and copy them :hug:

I just love these nails!!! In the other picture I didn't really notice how the glitter in on the diagonal.

Once my nails are longer I'm going to try and copy them :hug:

Please do :) that's what this thread is half about...inspiration, but please make sure you share in the konad group too, i don't want this thread to take away from the group :) xx

sorry if this is a stupid question but i dont know anything about konad stamps or polishes. What is the difference between the normal and special polishes? is one better than the other?

sorry if this is a stupid question but i dont know anything about konad stamps or polishes. What is the difference between the normal and special polishes? is one better than the other?

Not a stupid question at all. :)

I refer to 'normal' polishes in this thread such as opi, orly, CND, etc as they don't always have the right.formula to work well when stamping. The consistency isn't always right, they look really 'washed out' after being stamped and have a tenancy to dry quicker.

The konad special polishes are designed specially for the sampling system to work at its best, and enabling a nice, clean cut transfer from stamper to the natural nail.

I hope that helps :) x

A special polish is a more pigmented polish used to stamp with. Although quite a few "normal" polishes can be used to stamp it's going to be a little bit of trial and error to find which ones work (there is a thread in the konad group with a list of normal polishes...).

With a konad special polish it's a sure thing that the color will be true and opaque. And also they make your life easier as they take longer to dry, thus giving you a longer time to pick up the design and place it on the nail.

For stamping I always use konad special polishes or the China Glaze Romantique and Khrome collections as they are basically guarantee for your stamp.

ignore my last post! ive just read the links and the special polish can be used for stamping not the regular polish. should have read the lnks first! :o i may need to invest in some konad products.​

picchi you must have got in with a response just before my 2nd post. thanks for explaining this. ive joined the group as well so I'll have a look a look there.

Here is today's mani.

Nfu-Oh #62 konaded with konad princess polish in brown design from plate m65

It's not perfect; I find that the Konad princess polishes all tend to smudge when I apply the top coat (which is bloody infuriating:irked:).

Have any of you had this problem?

Here is today's mani.

It's not perfect; I find that the Konad princess polishes all tend to smudge when I apply the top coat (which is bloody infuriating:irked:).

Aaahh these are nice :) good job! (as always) :)

This princess polish is the bain of my stamping kit! I didn't have much luck with it the other day when i used to to stamp an animal print.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/jo...-picture40180-gold-rockstar-animal-print.html

It looked washed out, bit blury and wouldn't ways come i the stamp! Havnt had issues with it smuging though...

Here is today's mani.

I sometimes get smudging when i put the top coat on but it only tends to smudge on the small designs like little bows/flowers etc it doesn't seem to matter how long i leave them to dry either it always looks smudgy like i have dragged the stamper off of the nail! :sad:

This princess polish is the bain of my stamping kit! I didn't have much luck with it the other day when i used to to stamp an animal print.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/joi...mal-print.html

It looked washed out, bit blury and wouldn't ways come i the stamp! Havnt had issues with it smuging though...
Mine looks a little blury but it also is smudged (which is bugging the hell out of me).

I have three of the princess polishes (brown, darkish blue and purple) they are so darn pretty but they all smudge *grrrrrrr*.

I sometimes get smudging when i put the top coat on but it only tends to smudge on the small designs like little bows/flowers etc it doesn't seem to matter how long i leave them to dry either it always looks smudgy like i have dragged the stamper off of the nail!
It's not easy getting the hang of adding a top coat to konad, you have to float the TC over the design.

But the most important thing is to have the right TC. I am fiercely loyal to Seche Vite; as it almost never smudges a design and it's dry in around 2 minuets :D (unless I use the princess polishes....)

Thanks picchi i will definitely try and float a bit more with the top coat maybe i am just being to aggressive! :)

Just like BryT said give the stamper and plate a little clean. Also try to very, very lightly buff the stamper.

Picchi.
Thank you sooo much for the tip on lightly buffing the stamper.:D

I have had my kit since October and just couldn't get it to transfer to the stamper. However, I buffed the stamper and hey presto it works.:D

I am now so stamp happy I have the majority of plate M31 on my nails and I can't wait to show my clients.

Me thinks I may be investing in a lot more plates! Any recommendations on most popular plates?

Latest posts

Back