Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to give the buffing of the stamper a go as I'm having the same type of problem.

Also, I spoke to Jo about this recently too.. but I'm finding whether I use a Konad SP or a normal polish that it's stamping (when it finally does stamp!) like a layer with little bits sticking up rather than as a polish stamp if that makes sense? It comes out faded and horrid looking.

Any ideas?

Mrs P I'm so happy you made it work!!!

This is the wonderful thing about konad, once you do it and it works it's mesmerizing and addictive.

As for popular plates I'm sure some of the other geeks are more informed than me. One thing I would say (however) is think about if you want to add konad accents to nails or full nail designs.

Jo and Christine81 are amazing using the french tip designs, accents and full nail designs, which is pretty spectacular, so do check out their pics :wink2:

But as a total konad addict I would suggest to shop until you drop....sooner or later you will need them ALL!!! :D:D:D

But as a total konad addict I would suggest to shop until you drop....sooner or later you will need them ALL!!! :D:D:D

Couldn't agree more lol you Will need them all and it Will take over your life lol

Aww thanks picchi, your making me blush lol x

Just received my konad order yesterday and have a feww questions. How do you clean your plates? Acetone or non acetone polish remover or does it not matter? Do ou clean them every single time you do a stamp? Also I've noticed I've made little scratches on the plate where I've wwiped the excess polish away is this normal or am I holding the scrapper wrongly? Sorry if these are silly questions but it was things I was thinking of yesterday wwhile I had my first go at it.

Just received my konad order yesterday and have a feww questions. How do you clean your plates? Acetone or non acetone polish remover or does it not matter? Do ou clean them every single time you do a stamp? Also I've noticed I've made little scratches on the plate where I've wwiped the excess polish away is this normal or am I holding the scrapper wrongly? Sorry if these are silly questions but it was things I was thinking of yesterday wwhile I had my first go at it.

Hey :).your going to LOVE it, really exciting isn't it Hehe.

Ok...clean your plates with polish remover - any kind Will work just fine, or d sperse if you have it.

I tend to clean the plate after every 3-4 stamps but it really does depends how quick/messy you are lol, and i tend to wipe my stamper if there is any left over polish on it.

Hold tour scraper at a 45degree angle. Make sure you don't scrape too hard as this Will leave you scratches and take too much polish away from the design, but equally don't scrape to softly as you Will have too much polish left on. Find that happy medium :)

If you still have issues with the scales scratching, some geeks use a plastic scraper (i do this as im a terrible scratcher) or an old credit card (not that professional in front of clients but good to practice with) or something like that.

Nothing is a silly questions :) try the above and see how you get on, it can be tricky on your first few goes but you Will soon get the nack. if no luck give us a shout back :) x

Hi,

Just a quick question.

What are the Monster Bundle Plates like in comparrison to Konad?

I now have 6 Konad plates but just doing a search on more (yep I am truly adicted now lol) and came across what appears to be a bargain set of 21 Monster Bundle plates from Amazon but before I buy them I thought I would check with you folks.

Hi,

Please ignore my last post. I was so excited I didn't re read this thread first. If I had, I would have seen the beautiful Monster Bundle plate design that Picchi had done :irked:

Mizzy_Dizzy and Susie H

I too have been pondering on how to display the designs and I will do some colour pops and put on display but as I hope to have so many:) I need an alternative, especially as I am going to invest in the Monster Bundle 25 set. (Did a search and it seems this is the best set to get)

I currently use a postcard album to display pictures of my work. Although you can get various sized pockets for them, I use ones that display 2
6" x 4" photos side by side.

I am going to cut some card to fit the pockets. I will then stamp the plate designs on one piece and then attach the relevant plate with a piece of blutack onto another piece of card so that they can sit side by side.

I am thinking of using black card so that I stamp the designs in a variety of colours but any other other ideas are welcome.

Hi,

Please ignore my last post. I was so excited I didn't re read this thread first. If I had, I would have seen the beautiful Monster Bundle plate design that Picchi had done :irked:

Mizzy_Dizzy and Susie H

I too have been pondering on how to display the designs and I will do some colour pops and put on display but as I hope to have so many:) I need an alternative, especially as I am going to invest in the Monster Bundle 25 set. (Did a search and it seems this is the best set to get)

I currently use a postcard album to display pictures of my work. Although you can get various sized pockets for them, I use ones that display 2
6" x 4" photos side by side.

I am going to cut some card to fit the pockets. I will then stamp the plate designs on one piece and then attach the relevant plate with a piece of blutack onto another piece of card so that they can sit side by side.

I am thinking of using black card so that I stamp the designs in a variety of colours but any other other ideas are welcome.

I just got the 2 monster bundle collections there wear reallllly fast delivery I think 3 days !

They are FAB and none of the designs seem the same as any of my other ones ,

As for display I bought some supply's and in going to make a sort of scrap book type photo album later today I'll post photos if it works LOL,

Ok I'm having problems. Finding it really difficult to pick up the whole design. When I add the konad polish to the plate and scrap the excess off the image looks quite fuzzy or as if there is still to much polish still on it. Then I've tried rocking the stamper of the design slowly. I can pick it up but I'm not consistant at it and it is so frustrating! Does anyone have any tips?

Also I bought konad special polish in pink and find that it is really light, I thought it would be more vibrant. Gave it a good shake and the colour didint improve. The regular konad polish is perfect.

Ok I'm having problems. Finding it really difficult to pick up the whole design. When I add the konad polish to the plate and scrap the excess off the image looks quite fuzzy or as if there is still to much polish still on it. Then I've tried rocking the stamper of the design slowly. I can pick it up but I'm not consistant at it and it is so frustrating! Does anyone have any tips?

Also I bought konad special polish in pink and find that it is really light, I thought it would be more vibrant. Gave it a good shake and the colour didint improve. The regular konad polish is perfect.

OK, with regard to difficulty picking up the image first off give everything a good wipe down with nail polish remover. When it is all dry slap the special polish onto the image (no need to be neat we are aiming for speed) then scrap in one swift motion (45 degree angle and Konad logo facing up), press the stamper quickly onto the image then roll onto the nail.

Some of the colours are lighter then others especially the metallics and also the pinks seem to be lighter to me (others may disagree). There is a thread on here about layering images to darken the colour.......

I hope that helps a bit :wink2:

Hello Mrs M :D

When using a konad plate I keep my scraper at around a 30-45 degree angle and in one movement scrape the polish. Your scraper should be in constant consistent contact (wow say that 3 times :o) with the plate.

Don't worry about it looking a little fuzzy, on the plate. More often than not if it looks ok on the stamper, in will be fine on the nail. Don't take the time to re-scrape, if it looks fuzzy, as the polish will dry and you will not pick anything up.

I am now a convert against the rocking stamper pick-up. I realized some time ago that I was effectively squeezing the polish out of the design, by pressing too hard with the stamper on the plate. I now try to just touch the stamper to the plate and pick up. It's counter intuitive but works for me.

I have two konad pinks. I have the pastel pink and the neon looking pink... I have used them both once and they were a big disappointment...

Have a look at a totally failed mani with a konad pink from some time ago...

This is a Rimmel "Ultra Violet" stamped with Konad SP Pink (the neon looking one), BM plate 205 and then I added Nfu-Oh flakie #50 to complete the travesty :Scared:

im having some problems. im not consistantly able to pick up the whole image from the plate with my stamper. im finding it a real hit or miss wither i get the image or not anyone have any tips? ive been using the small end of the stamper, with the large end i literally have no luck at all picking up the image. :|

Also i bought the pink special konad polish and found it to be really washed out looking. has anyone else found this? i gave it a gfood shake before using it.

ive uploaded an image of what i did the other night.

Attachments

• konad 1.jpg
    konad 1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,933
sorry i seemed to have posted the smallest picture ever in my last post. fingers crossed this is better!

Attachments

• konad 2.jpg
    konad 2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,743
Wow ... this Konad system looks amazing!

So is amazon the best place to get it? Saw some konad stuff on ebay ... about £10 for a starter pack. Is that better? I'd have no idea which plate to get - they're all brilliant! Any suggestions? I like the look of the animal prints and french edges.

Ooohh and I just saw monster bundles? What are those little beauties?!

xx

Last edited:
Wow ... this Konad system looks amazing!

So is amazon the best place to get it? Saw some konad stuff on ebay ... about £10 for a starter pack. Is that better? I'd have no idea which plate to get - they're all brilliant! Any suggestions? I like the look of the animal prints and french edges.

Ooohh and I just saw monster bundles? What are those little beauties?!

xx

The best animal plate is M57 and for the French I love Image Plate M56 & M80 :)

OK, with regard to difficulty picking up the image first off give everything a good wipe down with nail polish remover. When it is all dry slap the special polish onto the image (no need to be neat we are aiming for speed) then scrap in one swift motion (45 degree angle and Konad logo facing up), press the stamper quickly onto the image then roll onto the nail.

Some of the colours are lighter then others especially the metallics and also the pinks seem to be lighter to me (others may disagree). There is a thread on here about layering images to darken the colour.......

I hope that helps a bit :wink2:

Thats great advice thanks Bry T. This is happening to me, I had a practise at the weekend (pics are on my profile) but got annoyed because they weren't turning out properly and put it away! lol Then my friend came round and wanted to have a go so I let her and she could do it first time! Grrrr...... lol I will keep practising I guess! :lol:

There is genuinely a knack to it but with practice it become much easier.

Speed is the main one. So many people try to really neatly paint the image on the plate but this takes time and the polish dries and it won't work hence the :mad:

im having some problems. im not consistantly able to pick up the whole image from the plate with my stamper. im finding it a real hit or miss wither i get the image or not anyone have any tips? ive been using the small end of the stamper, with the large end i literally have no luck at all picking up the image. :|

Also i bought the pink special konad polish and found it to be really washed out looking. has anyone else found this? i gave it a gfood shake before using it.

ive uploaded an image of what i did the other night.

I think your butterflies look great!!!

I am sorry you are having problems. Just as Bry T said speed is the most important thing.

Don't be trying to be neat and tidy. Slap the polish on the plate, scrape off the excess, lightly touch the stamper to the plate and then roll the design onto the nail.
From scrape to application of the design to the nail you don't want to be taking more that 2-4 seconds. There are some great videos on YouTube that really show how to stamp. Just do a konad search in YouTube.

Other than being lightening fast, other reasons for not picking up the design are: oily stamper, stamper needing a very light buff, hot weather, bad plate or plate with film still on.

Konad is really simple it's just a matter of "getting it". Once you figure it out it's so simple and addicting :D

Other than being lightening fast, other reasons for not picking up the design are: oily stamper, stamper needing a very light buff, hot weather, bad plate or plate with film still on.

This is helpful..I knew about cleaning plate and stamper etc but not about a light buff over the stampep, might have to try this..getting the hang of it a bit more now but still sometimes have bit of trouble with picking up the image too..will try the buffing and also a light press onto the plate with the stamper..thank you! :)

Kayleigh x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Latest posts

Back