Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
although official Konad plates do not have any protective films

although official Konad plates do not have any protective films

That is true, sorry for being confusing.

The first plates I found where very cheep knock off plates. I knew very little about stamping and spent three, very frustrating days trying to stamp and had no luck what so ever. Eventually I realized there was a totally invisible cling-film on the darn plates. Once I took that off they worked perfectly... I felt like a true idiot :o

Hi all :)

How's everyone doing with their stamping? I see some have had.some teething problems :( but glad to see picciand bryT have stepped in and gave some fabby advice :) i hope their working for you.

I have a another tip for shellac users, and i have only experienced this on a couple of occasions. Sometimes there are problems transferring the stamp onto a nail that still has an inhibition layer. If this is happening to you, wipe off and try again. :)

Usually this doesn't make a blind bit of difference...but i have noticed it does when using some polishes for stamping, in particular the konad princess polish in the chocolate brown.

Am away in the lake district at the mo, but i think some of you are hiding some great pics that should be displayed :) xx

thank you so much for the advice Bry T and picchi, i just realised i posted virtually the same post twice about having problems with the stamper. oops :rolleyes: will give it another go. i was really pleased with the butterflies but they literally took forever to do hense why i only have two fingers done. i had black polish everwhere from cleaning the scrapper and the stamper and the plate. :o

I end up with splodges of polish all over my hands by the time I've finished! If I could work slower it would be a much cleaner process but it's all part of the fun :D

I know I am weird but I really enjoy the messy side of stamping:D

Can't wait for the Bundle Monster plates to arrive. Hopefully will get them tomorrow.

Tried my idea of displaying the designs on black card but it didn't work:sad:.

Tried them on photgraphic paper and some didn't transfer too well. :sad:

Today I used the photocopier to increase the size of the plate by 50% and then printed them onto photographic paper. Much easier for the clients to see the designs :D

I just lay the plates and polishes out for clients to choose their design while I'm busy doing their nails.

Here is what i am currently sporting - shellac black pool with the bright pink konad special polish. I had no probs applying this pink polish although it does look a little darker than i hoped but this is because its against a black background!

Blackpool with pink Konad nail art.jpg

I received my set b today and every client I have done today has had a stamp. I am in love with a stamp. So impressed. Think I may invest in the monster pack

P.s. Did I mention I love the stamp?

Here is what i am currently sporting - shellac black pool with the bright pink konad special polish. I had no probs applying this pink polish although it does look a little darker than i hoped but this is because its against a black background!

View attachment 8803

Jo Is that the psyche pink from me? Love, love. love it. Glamours sock chic!

have you tried it before? I have heard that it is quite pale?

I just lay the plates and polishes out for clients to choose their design while I'm busy doing their nails.

There is also a Konad Image book that shows each plate with visual design ideas for each image on each plate.

View attachment 8803

I love this!!! I think it looks smoky and sexy.

I received my set b today and every client I have done today has had a stamp. I am in love with a stamp. So impressed. Think I may invest in the monster pack

P.s. Did I mention I love the stamp?

Hihihihi and another addict is born :lick:

I think we would all like to see pics though...

I think a little bit more practice is needed before I dare post pictures. Just a simple white flower today..... Tomorrow a work of art (me hopes) x

Hi all.
Do you charge your clients more for this? What do you add to your manicure charge?
I was caught out once Christmas shopping in lakeside by people selling a similar thing but only tiny little pictures, wasn't very good.
I quite fancy a go with these though.

Hi all.
Do you charge your clients more for this? What do you add to your manicure charge?
I was caught out once Christmas shopping in lakeside by people selling a similar thing but only tiny little pictures, wasn't very good.
I quite fancy a go with these though.

Go on Gina, you know you want to :lol:

View attachment 8803

I love it!!!!! What plate is this?? My first konad kit is in the post to me now! I can't bloody wait!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Not sure how to multi quote on my phone so here goes...

The plate is m63

Not too sure on the name of the pink Bry, that's 1 thing konad lets itself down on as they don't name them but its the pink you arranged for konad to send direct to me. Its not overly pale i don't think but its def not quite as bright as the bottle :(

Yes always charge more for it. They are paying YOU for your SKILL, your TIME and your PRODUCTS :) i start at 50p per nail and the price increases the more complex the design is.

When you first get it and your introducing it to clients, give them a taste for it and demonstrate what it is because a client can find it hard to see what it is and how it Will look with just an explanation so, offer to do both their ring fingers for FREE for one time ONLY. they Will then see for themselves how magical and effective it is and Will want more every time :) xx

These are the two konad pinks I have:

I think the one on the left is called pastel pink and the one on the right psycho pink. Are either ones, the one you used Jo?

I was just thinking about getting a pink but now am not sure what to do - I'd like one that shows up well and is nice and brightly pink. Can anyone recommend which one to get? are the Konad ones the best to get or does someone else know of a different brand that will do the job better?

I just wanted to say I used the black yesterday on my mum, wow it works well but goodness me what a frightful mess I was in LOL!

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back