Konad-all you need to know and your favourite pics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having realy problems with stamping! I actually dont have a konad stamper and scraper do you think this will make a difference? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I am having realy problems with stamping! I actually dont have a konad stamper and scraper do you think this will make a difference? X

What stamper and scraper are you using?

What problems are you experiencing?

I'm sure a geek can help if you tell us the exact problem :)

To be fair it was only from the pound shop so im guessing thats the problem! I have tried lits of different polishes but they dont transfer onto the stamp! X

Sometimes you need to prep your stamper by lightly, very lightly!, buffing in one direction. Also you can try using a different scraper like an old plastic card (think like credit card) and scrape in different directions, sometimes it's the angle.

Try what nightwriter has said. Very often I buff the pad slightly :)

It depends what polish you are using but some just don't work. If you have an old one that had gone a bit gloopy give that a try. Thin polishes and glitter polishes tend not to work.

Hth :)

Thank you I will give those things a try :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1386694334979.jpg
    1386694334979.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 669
I just spoilt myself and got a huge Konad kit. Here are my nails I just finished off today.

Attachments

• 2013-12-12 12.46.42.jpg
    2013-12-12 12.46.42.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 710
To be fair it was only from the pound shop so im guessing thats the problem! I have tried lits of different polishes but they dont transfer onto the stamp! X

Most nail polishes don't work as they do not have a high enough acrylic content.

The Konad polishes work and Barry M gold and silver from Superdrug are good. Some Geeks have had success with other polishes too :)

The very first entry on this thread is super helpful http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/148055-konad-all-you-need-know-your-favourite-pics.html

Good luck xx

Been wanting to get my hands on Konad for ages, bless my partner got me a few bits for Xmas. This is my first attempt please excuse the eczema
I think I'm in❤️😍

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961493.115848.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961493.115848.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 575
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961525.756201.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388961525.756201.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 582
I got a few new plates from moyou and konad, thought I would share!
a3a9u2uj.jpg
ynybu3am.jpg
e6y3e9at.jpg
hevu7aru.jpg
sujadada.jpg
egyzuqah.jpg

My first attempt at stamping... Konad M63 plate stamped over Gelish using Barry M Silver Foil Effects! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389476732.177746.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389476741.232594.jpg

Hello Geeks,
I'm sorry if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if you can mix Konad polishes and it not compromise the quality?
Thanks

Can u use china glaze with stamp plates ? Xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Done these tonight and they look rubbish ;( soooo messy....this is around about my 5th attempt at stamping but it's so frustrating...any helpful hints?? I think I'm gonna buy the extra large stamps, think they may be better.

(P.s - please don't judge anything else as I'm not actually qualified yet - course starts Monday, so the nail prep etc etc is not done)

These are with Barry m polish with konad white

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 599
Ive tried with stamping so kany times but ive never been able to successfully do it :( I tried with lots of different polishes and prepped my stamper but I just cant seek to pick up the whole image and transfer it to the nail in one, and it also comes out really faint....and words of advice x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Ive tried with stamping so kany times but ive never been able to successfully do it :( I tried with lots of different polishes and prepped my stamper but I just cant seek to pick up the whole image and transfer it to the nail in one, and it also comes out really faint....and words of advice x

Sorry, this is wordy. A number of years ago I bought the largest kit that Konad did (at the time). I didn't get on with it (on top of normal polish, due to the dry time) and ended up giving it away.
CND Shellac changed that for me. I can now create some pretty fab designs on top of Shellac and I have over 100 plates. But it does VERY much depend on the brand of plate, design, polish and your speed. Don't give up. Look at post's from others (for tips) and keep trying. Why not look at the 'what nails are you sporting today' thread. Stamping is used a lot on there, and you could try one of those plates. My final word is that I have found the Konad double stamper and their metal edged scraper, to be the best (for me). Good luck.

Thank u so much? I think not all my stamps are konad...do u think this would make a difference? I think im just going to spend a couple of hours this week till I crack it :) x

Thank u so much? I think not all my stamps are konad...do u think this would make a difference? I think im just going to spend a couple of hours this week till I crack it :) x

It could be the plates, polish end even the image you are trying to stamp. Konad have been around for a while, so are tried and tested. I have lots of different brands, MoYou are very good, but as I said, it is down to preference. Also some of the image sizes vary (for images thar cover the whole nail) I have found found the Gal plates from Amazon on the small size. Cheeky and MoYou do XL plates, for the larger/longer nails.

First time I've stamped in a very long time!!!
eta9azem.jpg

Latest posts

Back