La Beeby shoes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie P

Reaction score
Hi I start college in september and have my 'list' of uniform to buy form La Beeby.

I need to buy a pair of navy francesXXX shoes but, I'm a 5 1/5 shoe and they dont do half sizes! has anyone bought these and how do they measure up?

xx xx xx xx xx

I had to have these exact ones at college. They do stretch but omg the blisters we all had from them. They all fell apart and i sent them back 3 times!! xxx

Ick not good! If the sizing of their "official" uniform is not right, then surely that is a health and safety issue? In which case, I feel you would have grounds to say that you are going to wear alternative shoes (obviously of a suitable design for college work) on account of the "official" shoes not being available in a suitable size - and that ill fitting shoes are a health and safety issue, and if they don't like it, then you will take action under health and safety law.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ick not good! If the sizing of their "official" uniform is not right, then surely that is a health and safety issue? In which case, I feel you would have grounds to say that you are going to wear alternative shoes (obviously of a suitable design for college work) on account of the "official" shoes not being available in a suitable size - and that ill fitting shoes are a health and safety issue, and if they don't like it, then you will take action under health and safety law.
Posted via Mobile Device

I changed my shoes to wear to college. I made sure they had suitable rubber soles for health and safety. Honestly we had to walk around with the back squashed down because we could hardly walk.
We were refused entry to the salon if we had different shoes on.
Looking back Ruth I really should have taken action but then the tutors will get you back because if they didn't like you they would fail your assessments on silly little things xxx

[/QUOTE]
I had to have these exact ones at college. They do stretch but omg the blisters we all had from them. They all fell apart and i sent them back 3 times!! xxx

Awe hon, thats terrible! gosh what will my feet be like if I cant buy the right size:eek:

Ick not good! If the sizing of their "official" uniform is not right, then surely that is a health and safety issue? In which case, I feel you would have grounds to say that you are going to wear alternative shoes (obviously of a suitable design for college work) on account of the "official" shoes not being available in a suitable size - and that ill fitting shoes are a health and safety issue, and if they don't like it, then you will take action under health and safety law.:eek:

So am I best to contact my college and explain about the sizing?
Where would I buy Navy shoes I've never seen navy shoes in the shops or am I walkin blind lol!!!

Am sure I saw some navy shoes in a Clarks shoe shop in Trowbridge last year - but that was because we needed to get a pair for my mother who is in her seventies! But you would be hard pressed to find them in more "trendy" shoe shops!

As far as the health and safety side goes, I would handle it tactfully initially, but say something along the lines of that you would not feel safe or comfortable working in ill fitting shoes, and that it would impede your ability to work if you were forced to wear them.

Goodness, some of these colleges really have their head up their "you know what" by the sound of it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Am sure I saw some navy shoes in a Clarks shoe shop in Trowbridge last year - but that was because we needed to get a pair for my mother who is in her seventies! But you would be hard pressed to find them in more "trendy" shoe shops!

As far as the health and safety side goes, I would handle it tactfully initially, but say something along the lines of that you would not feel safe or comfortable working in ill fitting shoes, and that it would impede your ability to work if you were forced to wear them.

Goodness, some of these colleges really have their head up their "you know what" by the sound of it!
Posted via Mobile Device

And what gets me is they are so strict on posture but whos cares if you cant walk :lol: xxx

Surely the whole point of college is that you get trained the skills and techniques to be a beauty professional?

So why all the business of treating you like kids and insisting that you wear a specific uniform from a specific supplier!

I'd place a fair bet that the college gets a significant amount of commission from every uniform sold!!!

Surely it would make more sense to say that you should wear appropriate salon clothing, but not dictate where you have to buy it from as if they are some fascist despot!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm, if you can't walk, or have difficulty walking, then that is a disability.

The Disability Discrimination Act would say that the college would have to make a "reasonable adjustment" in order to make their course accessible to you.

Ironically it doesn't cost them anything for you to wear a properly fitting pair of shoes (apart from perhaps a trivial amount of lost commission from their "official" uniform supplier).

No need to install ramps, lifts, special equipment, etc. But still a "reasonable adjustment".

Not sure if having feet in a half size would count as a disability - but not being able to walk properly certainly would!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a pair of these shoes in a 5, they pinch a bit (I don't wear them) but there is no way they would fit you if you are 5.5. Why not try a 6?

I have a pair of these shoes in a 5, they pinch a bit (I don't wear them) but there is no way they would fit you if you are 5.5. Why not try a 6?

Great idea Zo, much easier than trying to kick up a fight using health and safety or disability legislation (although I am proudly insubordinate against stupid regulations).

So hopefully, a size 6, and suitably covert customisations using Scholl products or whatever, should hopefully do the job nicely :)

Oh for a nice simple solution!
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a couple of la beeby shoes and to be honest I find them really comfortable, I have the ones with the shoe laces tied in a bow at the front. I did have to go for a size larger than I would normally though, the first pair had to go back as they were too small.

So why not go for a 6 as suggested and wear them indoors on carpets to try them out for a few hours so that they dont look worn, if needed send them back. Take a copy of the reciept and show it as evidence to college that youve at least tried and surely they have no leg to stand on, no pun intended :lol: Also if you order them online you can show that as evidence too.

anne xx

I thought of doing this and getting some thick insoles, at least my foot would stay inside them!!!

I brought them when I was at collage too and would suggest going up to a 6. They are a little snug but fine so I don't think the extra half size will cause too much problem.

I also had these (francesXXX) at college last year & thought they were good, i wore skin coloured pop socks under my trousers until they were worn in a little. Some of the other students had problems mainly with the sole coming away but they did wear them walking to & from college through mud, rain, snow ect. and didnt polish them:rolleyes:. If they are used just for the salon as regulations suggest then i'm sure they will last.

no no no no no no no no NO
Bought some in September
after one month they fell apart i only wore them 3 days a week to college they wern't anywhere near wearable or repairable i contacted them straight away and was polite about the issue and i still havn't to this day had a reply

I have to say I am gob smacked at this. My daughter was doing a nursing degree at York uni and correct foot wear was stressed, as in on the first day they were shown an example of what was unacceptable and what was good.
Kay bought hers from Dikmans for £8 then had to show them to her tutor before wearing them to make sure they were ok.
So where the heck does a collage get away with being more strict then a hospital:eek:

Having been to college, I can see why the rules regarding uniform are strict, because there are always people who want to push the boundaries. Like wearing flip flops when you're supposed to wear closed toes, like not tying hair back, like wearing polish when you're meant to have short clean natural nails. They have to be strict with presentation to try to keep the students on track, because at the end of the day it does help them to turn out professionals. Hope this makes sense.

Having been to college, I can see why the rules regarding uniform are strict, because there are always people who want to push the boundaries. Like wearing flip flops when you're supposed to wear closed toes, like not tying hair back, like wearing polish when you're meant to have short clean natural nails. They have to be strict with presentation to try to keep the students on track, because at the end of the day it does help them to turn out professionals. Hope this makes sense.

I totally agree, This is the reason why we do have strict rules, although it is a college you are still representing a working business, plus it sets you up for when you do go into a professional salon.

I totally agree, This is the reason why we do have strict rules, although it is a college you are still representing a working business, plus it sets you up for when you do go into a professional salon.

That makes sense now - as the college will be offering treatments to the general public, it makes sense to establish a strong corporate brand identity - which a specific uniform will help reinforce - that is assuming that it is available in appropriate sizes for all students of course!
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back