La Femme products any good to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_elise_x

Reaction score
HiWe got some sample bags at work of La Femme nail system gels.I have UVA range shining, bonding, building and one phase gels in little boxes. Has any used anything from La Femme for nails and are they any good?Elise

I won the liquid and powder sculpt with la femme nails and have been sampling them for 6 months so I would say definetly
although i have to hand it to jackie and sean naughty nails who i had all my education with

is it a new range, i dont think i've come accross it before.

I had a sample acrylic nail done at Excel.

I like the workability of the product, had a nice range of colours/glitter too.

The only disappointment was I could not buy a trial kit, just a starter kit which was bit expensive on the day.

Ju x

I've never heard of it, and the name really puts me off. It makes me think of feminine hygiene products.

I used to sell there nail polishes but stopped due them not really being up to standard they did do some great colours but they were thick and took forever to dry not sure what there gels would be like though!!

hi, hope i'm not out of date with this... but just stumbled across this thread coz just today I ordered few gels from them afer I tested it... and it seamed ok, i tried sculpting with Control plus gels. i also never heard of them too, but my allergy to Pronails made me look for something new. so when i try out all the options, will let you know :lol:

this is what I did today testing Control plus gel from La femme.
It's sculpting on ez flow oval forms, first bonding gel, then free edge with Building white very thick, then two layers of Building very thick pink and Brilliant shining at the end.
Very thick pink is really thick and easy to work with, self leveling but not runny... but white was a bit runny, so the smile line is not crispy as I made it at first, even though I cured it finger by finger... :cry:

Please don't mind those cuticles, she bites and cuts them :irked:
and those are my first pics here, so feel free to criticise.

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=396

As I was flicking through my scratch magazine this week I found all the super cool geeks artworks in there! (well done ladies!)

Anyway... I saw an advert for La Femme Nails Training and was just wondering has anyone used these and also can you get insured with a certificate from them?

If you're reffering to La femme products (La Femme Cosmetics Sp. z o.o.), I use those. Tried their gels coz had to convert due to allergies. Must say they have great performance in sense of durability and colour, they don't yellow and their pink& white are very beautifull. Gels are in wide range from very thin to very thick, clear or very nice pink. They also have excelent corrective gel that really covers and it doesn't look unnatural. Building white is very beautiful and strong, it doesn't run out and you can use it for reverse aplication. Also, they have one phase gels and ones that require bonder gel. But what I don't like (IMHO) is that you have to put 2-3 layers of building gel (I prefer one-phase gels that can be sculpted at once), it takes much more time and your lamp has to be on forever.

As far as their certifications - La Femme distributor offered me to be their educator, so first I would have to pass all their trainings. The certificate would come straight from Poland, so the distributor himself cannot issue one on his own and I like that. But the main educator is pregnant and all of this has to wait for awhile :cry:
And for insurance, I don't know, because for some stupid reason they are not required here in Croatia.

They have acrylics and fiberglass too, but I don't do those so cannot say. But gels are very, very good. I tested it on my client who is a waitress and washes 200 glasses (without gloves) every day and works hard, and no lifting, no cracking, no yellowing.

Thank you for your reply, I am unsure if they are the same people (could be just different websites?), I am referring to La Femme Nails Systems UK - Home, they have a training school in bolton which is like 15-20mins from where I live, this is why I was asking about them.

I am very interested in looking into it if its the same product as you told me about x

Hi they are the same company yes i used their polishes once but didn't really rate them ok for price but that was all

Hi
I use there products and they now have a one phase gel....
As far as i am aware you can get pro beauty insurance from them
I hope this helps

I used to sell there nail polishes but stopped due them not really being up to standard they did do some great colours but they were thick and took forever to dry not sure what there gels would be like though!!
I dont think the polishes are thick to apply maybe they have been updated since you last had them i used their red for the competiton and it was fine and had really good coverage

Hi
I use there products and they now have a one phase gel....
As far as i am aware you can get pro beauty insurance from them
I hope this helps

Did you have training with them or do you just use their products?

Thank you for your reply, I am unsure if they are the same people (could be just different websites?), I am referring to La Femme Nails Systems UK - Home

I've checked this site and yes, those are the same, you can see the logo is the same. They are often mistaken for La famme products, who also have some nail stuff, but totally different company. So don't get confused if someone says ah, La famme wasn't much (namely nail polishes), coz they probably reffer to that other company. I don't mean to trash or favour anyone, just clearing it up who is who.

Posibily they were and older or cheaper line they did as i have looked at their site and bottles are all different shape now so you are probably right they seemed like a decently priced range so hopefully they are quite good now

I have had training with them its Jackie & Sean from naughty nails ltd that has took on their education.
la femme have an opening day coming up at the end of june as far as i am aware
Give jackie a call she is really helpful.

I have had training with them its Jackie & Sean from naughty nails ltd that has took on their education.
la femme have an opening day coming up at the end of june as far as i am aware
Give jackie a call she is really helpful.

i thought they were with cesaars secrets, have they changed brands or do they do both?

I am an Educator for La Femme nails at the Bolton Trade centre, La Femme has only recently been introduced to the uk market but is very popular in Europe especially in its home country Poland. I have used many systems and have found La Femme gel and acrylics to rival some of the best brands on the market. The proof is in the results i have achieved in the National nail comp where i was placed 2nd twice in the Sculptured nails category using La Femme and my friend and co-educator Tamsin was placed 1st!:green:
I personally think that you have to try yourself to see if it is the one for you, i did and i've not looked back. It also helps as its very reasonably priced which is a definate plus in the current financial situation.
It is also a major plus for La Femme that Jackie and Sean O'Sullivan from Naughty Nails Ltd will be in charge of training and as i myself trained with them and have reached many personal goals through their education i for one can think of no-one better in the whole of the UK.
With regards to the comment on the La Femme nail polishes, there is another Brand named La Femme who supply nail polishes which you could be confusing them with, La Femme has only been in the uk since the beginning of this year. I used the red polish for the scupltured nail comp and i scored very highly on polish points.
I hope i have cleared a few things up, sorry for the long post but i feel that La Femme deserves a fair start.

La Femme Nail Systems UK Nail Technician Supplies

Latest posts

Back