Ladies, what heat source are you using with IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spangles nails

Reaction score
With ibx?
That was supposed to say heat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using my Minx lamp.

Minx as well
Vicki x

100W infra red lamp from current body it's only £19.95 including postage. It worked well, it does get very warm so you need to be careful how close your client's hands are to it and the surface you put it on. I hope this helps. Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394056512.910086.jpg

I will be using my minx lamp too

Anyone know if you can get a clip on lamp for spray tanning that has a high enough wattage to do ibx treatments? Two birds n all x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

100W infra red lamp from current body it's only £19.95 including postage. It worked well, it does get very warm so you need to be careful how close your client's hands are to it and the surface you put it on. I hope this helps. Xx

Thanks for the link, just ordered one! Now to order the actual IBX lol :)

Thanks for the link, just ordered one! Now to order the actual IBX lol :)

You're welcome I thought the 3 year warranty with it was good too as eBay ones don't have that ;) xxx

I'm mobile and thinking about getting a mini hair dryer? Like the fold away ones for taking on holiday. Would this work?

I'm mobile and thinking about getting a mini hair dryer? Like the fold away ones for taking on holiday. Would this work?

Yes it would, in the same way it works for Minx.
Everybody says it looks unprofessional, but the makers advocate it with IBX, so I don't see a problem.
I was umming and aahing over the Minx lamp many years ago until a friend who works in a very prestigious salon in central London said that the girl there used a mall hair drier. For the amount of Minx I do, a lamp is an extravagance.
I'm not mobile so have a lamp on my desk now for IBX that was very cheap!

Vicki x

Thank you! =) I've seen a small pink one that would be ideal!

I am using the mini dryer I got for my Trendy wraps but the only downside is that you have to hold it and dry one hand at a time, whereas if you had a lamp the client could place their hand under it for five or three mins while you apply it to the other.

You can get a switch to go part way along the cable, from B&Q. It's easy to fit but if you prefer, get an electrician or handyman to put it on for you.

I use my infrared heat lamp that I use or body massage. I make sure its on the lowest setting so as not to get too hot.
Diane x

Spa Profiles makes this nail dryer and the gentle heat is perfect :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394141107195.jpg
    1394141107195.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 250
100W infra red lamp from current body it's only £19.95 including postage. It worked well, it does get very warm so you need to be careful how close your client's hands are to it and the surface you put it on. I hope this helps. Xx View attachment 58215

Does this lamp have a on/off switch ?

My minx lamp or my UV lamp louella Belle have confirmed that either is fine.

Latest posts

Back