Lash dip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a shame, well we are going to add on a load of pics from our first course soon and a demo video to our Caledonian Therapy Academy facebook page so you can have a look there if interested. x

AND???
What did you think? How did it look? Did it look like mascara?
Pleas tell us as much as you can x:lol:x
Hi Emma
I am so sorry, I was so so tired after the show yesterday I think I must have had brain freeze, I never even thought to say what I thought of it. Great GEEK I am, NOT!!!
Anyway, I seen Amanda's and the girl wearing cry baby at the ABX stand. Out of the two I have to say that Amanda's looked far better, it looked like she was wearing lovely mascara. The glam lash girls also knew exactly what they were talking about too, which always gives you confidence. The girl wearing cry baby looked like mascara too but too me it looked like mascara when it starts to dry out and was clumpy looking. Also I felt the cry baby was WAY over priced it was £495 plus vat to attend training day and £695 plus vat for them to come to you one to one, OUCH! Conflicting information too, earlier on that day one girl at ABX said cry baby would last 5-6 weeks but the girl wearing it told me 2-3 weeks.
Hope that helps Emma.
Lee-Anne xx

Hi Leanne,

Did you get a chance to see Amanda's at MYScara stand before she left?
Cry baby lasts 2-3 weeks no longer MYScara lasts 4-6 weeks.

Hope you decide to do MYScara training Lee-anne :)

Hi Emma
I am so sorry, I was so so tired after the show yesterday I think I must have had brain freeze, I never even thought to say what I thought of it. Great GEEK I am, NOT!!!
Anyway, I seen Amanda's and the girl wearing cry baby at the ABX stand. Out of the two I have to say that Amanda's looked far better, it looked like she was wearing lovely mascara. The glam lash girls also knew exactly what they were talking about too, which always gives you confidence. The girl wearing cry baby looked like mascara too but too me it looked like mascara when it starts to dry out and was clumpy looking. Also I felt the cry baby was WAY over priced it was £495 plus vat to attend training day and £695 plus vat for them to come to you one to one, OUCH! Conflicting information too, earlier on that day one girl at ABX said cry baby would last 5-6 weeks but the girl wearing it told me 2-3 weeks.
Hope that helps Emma.
Lee-Anne xx

Not to be emotive here, but louise could I ask a genuine question. From my research on these semi perm mascaras, i understand that there is not total isolation of natural lashes. How can it therefore be of no detriment to the natural lash to be clumped together for 6 weeks?

like with the express lash technique, 2 weeks should be as long as lashes are, (potentialy) glued together?
Thank you :hug:

Not to be emotive here, but louise could I ask a genuine question. From my research on these semi perm mascaras, i understand that there is not total isolation of natural lashes. How can it therefore be of no detriment to the natural lash to be clumped together for 6 weeks?

like with the express lash technique, 2 weeks should be as long as lashes are, (potentialy) glued together?
Thank you :hug:

I was wondering that too!

The lady at ABX said that although the product WOULD last about 5-6 weeks, they recommended complete removal and reapplication every 2-3 weeks as they natural lashes couldn't grow properly underneath (Just like express lashes).

I completely understand this but my concern was pricing of the treatment. If people need to return fortnightly, I think this would need to be reflected in the pricing.

If MYscara is a different technique that allows the product to stay on for much longer, it is a much more attractive option.

Yes I am thinking along the lines of express, where you feature in the removal cost in the initial application cost.

im very curious about this 6 weeks one

We have 2 appliction techiques, one will allow complete application in 20 - 30 min the other will take double the time. Hoever even with the faster method you can get complete seperation almost to the tip of the lash. Unlike lash in a flash you dont have a solid object (synthetic lash) in the way of growth. The product is very flexible and almost like the fel of normal mascara. Hope I make sense. I'm not on geek all the time but feel free to email me any questions that come up [email protected] Louise x
I was wondering that too!

The lady at ABX said that although the product WOULD last about 5-6 weeks, they recommended complete removal and reapplication every 2-3 weeks as they natural lashes couldn't grow properly underneath (Just like express lashes).

I completely understand this but my concern was pricing of the treatment. If people need to return fortnightly, I think this would need to be reflected in the pricing.

If MYscara is a different technique that allows the product to stay on for much longer, it is a much more attractive option.

Hi Leanne,

Did you get a chance to see Amanda's at MYScara stand before she left?
Cry baby lasts 2-3 weeks no longer MYScara lasts 4-6 weeks.

Hope you decide to do MYScara training Lee-anne :)
Hi Louise
Yes I seen Amanda's lashes, I thought they looked really good.
I am booked onto the Myscara course in May so I will see you then.
Lee-Anne xx

Great Lee-Anne see you then xx

Is this the same product as 'ModelCo' ? Dannii Minouge is fronting and now available from Boots,. I haven't tried it myself but would like to hear what people think
Sam x

I think ModelCo is a Mascara brand? I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

MyScara, CryBaby And lashdip etc are professionally applied semi permanent mascaras.

I had a CryBaby treatment yesterday and am quite impressed. Will know better how good it is after a week or so but so far so good.

any updates on lash dips, or by anyone who has had this treatment?

I had CryBaby on Wednesday but didn't want to commit to booking the course until I could see how it felt after a bit of time.

I am booking my course tomorrow! Think that says it all

xx

tell me more elliebee.... you booking with crybaby or MYscara? How did you find up keep, did you buy any top up products etc..

tell me more elliebee.... you booking with crybaby or MYscara? How did you find up keep, did you buy any top up products etc..

I booked with Crybaby. I've had it on for 10 days now and it's still looking good. No upkeep at all and I didn't buy any other products (although I believe there is a crybaby mascara).

I'll be looking for a model for my course in Glasgow so if anyone wants to volunteer I'll post details on the models required group Salon Geek - Models Required

I attended the first MYscara course in Glasgow yesterday where I was shown the MYscara technique. I am sure this will meet a gap in the market between ladies who can't wear individual eyelash extensions but want something more than daily applications of mascara. I will be attending the Cry Baby course very soon so I can identify which product works best for me.

I will be market testing this product with my existing clients to see if this is a complementary treatment I can provide with individual eyelash extensions.

Francesca
www.lashbyfrancesca.co.uk

I attended the first MYscara course in Glasgow yesterday where I was shown the MYscara technique. I am sure this will meet a gap in the market between ladies who can't wear individual eyelash extensions but want something more than daily applications of mascara. I will be attending the Cry Baby course very soon so I can identify which product works best for me.
I will be market testing this product with my existing clients to see if this is a complementary treatment I can provide with individual eyelash extensions.
Francesca
www.lashbyfrancesca.co.ukhttp://www.lashbyfrancesca.co.uk

This will be really good to find out you thoughts & views on comparing the two treatments - please keep us posted on which companys product you choose to go with.
Was you impressed with th MYscara course, products, end result etc? x

Had my training with MYscara today these are my before and after pics

Before
56baf4c7-1c4f-c6d8.jpg

After
56baf4c7-1c7c-bf62.jpg

Well I'm very interested to read this feedback, heard about lashdip on twitter and have been looking into alternative brands. I too feel it fills a gap in the market ...'enhance' what is already 'yours' is good for me :-0) I've seen so many poorly applied lash extensions I think this has got to be a 'go-er' :-0)

I look forward to reading how you get on with cry baby. Im interested in the products but dont know who to go with!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back