Lash lift gone wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

After a little advice. I have done a fair few lash lifts now, they're not the treatment I am most confident in but everyone I have done it on has always been pleased with the results. Did one yesterday on a new lady and she called this morning to say the left eye just wasnt as curly. I asked her to pop in and shes absolutely right. I thought they looked ok when she left but the middle section of the lashes on the left are no where near as curly.

What can I do to rectify this? I didnt want to try anything today as I only did it yesterday and didn't want to risk any damage to her lashes. I have said I will call her tomorrow and go in especially on Monday to try to fix it. Can I re-do? What should I do?

Thankyou

Would love to know other people's views on this as it's happened to me where one eye has taken more than the other. Really odd?

Bump,

Hoping to call the client in the morning. Help much appreciated!

Hey it can happen if...

You put one side of perm lotion/fixing lotion on completely then did they other eye...therefor the first eye gets longer...to solve try to put a little on one eye then other eye then back to first eye ect :) hope that helps & makes sense!
xx

So would I be able to correct this by doing another lift on Monday? Is that enough time between not to cause any damage?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had this happen 2 or 3 times. The lift either hasn't taken on one eye or one has just dropped the next day. Very odd.
I use LVL and I phoned Nouveau after it had happened the first time and they told me that I could do the eye again the following day. I wasn't really happy doing it so soon after the 1st treatment and that client decided to just pay half price for her next treatment anyway so I didn't have to do it so soon anyway.

Thanks Angelina. By Monday it will have been 3 days so hopefully it'll be ok. Would you just do the lift as normal but on the one eye?

I've had it happen too when I've finished I've just smothered in nourishing lotion and covered with film to let it soak in for 10 mins. bit like a hair treatment xxx

Hi Zooks

In my opinion I would do it again on Monday, I think it would be fine.

I've done a swap treatment before with another therapist and mine didnt take at all so I did it myself when I got home that same night and it was fine.

I've had it happen to clients 3 times in the year I've been doing lifts and Ive done them again a week later. The time gap was mainly down to me working very part time but I would have done it sooner.

As long as you use plenty of nourishing lotion and make sure the fixing lotion is wiped completely off so they dont over process and dry out, I dont see what could go wrong.

Hey it can happen if...

You put one side of perm lotion/fixing lotion on completely then did they other eye...therefor the first eye gets longer...to solve try to put a little on one eye then other eye then back to first eye ect :) hope that helps & makes sense!
xx

I can see what you are saying but you start your timing from finishing applying on the first eye so the second should be just as good really.

For it not to have taken there has to be something inhibiting the perming lotion, even the client's eye watering slightly will dilute the solution on that particular eye. Another thing it can be if it just isn't as lifted is that the shield is not placed exactly the same as on the other eye, this can happen, especially, on eyes where the skin is slightly or very crepey so clients that are not really young and fresh, bit like me!

Thanks Angelina. By Monday it will have been 3 days so hopefully it'll be ok. Would you just do the lift as normal but on the one eye?

I would do it again too, as the others have said, just make sure everything is cleaned off properly and that you nourish well. :cool:

Thankyou Geeks. I shall do it again tomorrow! And pray for the best!

Thankyou for all the advice Geeks, it worked just fine :)

Latest posts

Back