Lash perming/lifting the next new craze?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn/NuU

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if any of you geeks think that lash perming and lifting with be the next big thing. My gut tells me that it will but would like to know what you all think?

I think its a nice treatment so it would br good to see it make a come back. Its popularity must have dipped in recent years as it is no longer part of the nvq 2 qualification.

Lovely treatment with lovely results when done well though :)

I think the same but as people start to get bird with lashes and the up keep I think they may turn to lash perming as an alternative.

I'm a tanning geek but wanted to give my opinion!

I'm always into the latest beauty crazes etc and always tend to try the latest new thing before it becomes popular and as such got bored of lashes and the maintenance quite a while back. I was doing some research and hated my long straight lashes and called every local salon for a lash perm, all of which said they didn't offer it as it wasn't popular. Anyway a local salon actually offered to buy the kit in just for me as their therapist had trained in perming at college and I had a tint and perm around 3 months ago (how great was this salon and they've now gained me as a full customer!!) anyway since then they've told me they've had loads of customers book in through word of mouth and many of my semi perm lashed friends have converted! I really do feel like if your offering the service shout about it and you'll get tonnes of bookings as this local salon are now packed with them and semi perms are all converting.

Just my experience hope it helps x

I begged to learn this at college but was told no as it is not on trend...i would love to have it done!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Im learning this in two weeks at college. It's not part of the course but my tutor said its becoming really popular again so she'll train us in it xxx

I don't think it is a new craze as it has been popular for over a year now and perming has been around forever, like myself!

It is an excellent treatment and very profitable and every client I have that has tried it has kept having it done as they just don't like the look of their lashes as they start to drop after 6 weeks or so. :D

I love lash lifts after HD Brows it's my most popular treatment. But you do have to explain it to everyone as no one really knows what it is. I show them my before and after pics and they always book in xxx

OOh very interesting thread!

I'm hoping to tain in this soon, from what I've seen it looks fab and a cheaper alternative to extensions! Can you do the lift and tint on the same day?

I did lash lift and perm course in September 2012 and I'd say its definately making a comeback.

Like Sarahrose14 said though you do have to explain to people what it is and show before and after pictures.
I love doing the treatment and the effect it gives. It's been popular for me x

Thanks, this has confirmed what I have been thinking for some time x

I got my tutor at college to train me in perming and provide a certificate then went on to teach myself the lash lift.

I have done a good few but not for a while. I want to go down the LVL route as I think their training is likely to be more comprehensive and I will feel more confident advertising it.

I think whatever you are happiest doing tends to be what you spend more time doing as the love for it is seen by clients!

I'm hoping to tain in this soon, from what I've seen it looks fab and a cheaper alternative to extensions! Can you do the lift and tint on the same day?

Yes but make sure you perm and then tint, because the perm solution will strip the tint off if done the other way around.

Lash lift has been a bit hit and miss in my salon, haven't done one for a while, don't really enjoy doing them but when paired with semi permanent mascara over the top I remember how awesome a treatment it really is. Pain in the bum when clients with really tiny lashes want it done though!

I train level 2 VRQ and we offer it on our curriculum but it's an 'additional' unit, we use thuya at college too, which in my opinion is the best perming kit on the market. Just wish you could do it on yourself!!

Hi. Sorry to jump on this but just wonderd if u could post some before and after picks. Im curently looking to expand my services and training and this is something ild b interested in.
Anything eyes seems to be realy popular at the mo. Personaly ive had semi permant lashes myself and couldnt be botherd with the upkeep and maintanance. These would be ideal :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did lash perming at college but I would like to know what products/companies are the best for this treatment. Thanks :)

These were my lashes before tint and perm ( I look terrible without sorry ladies!!!)
e2u6u6u4.jpg

And this is after!!! Addicted now
bu5yzu4a.jpg

I meant to say terrible without make up lol

I train level 2 VRQ and we offer it on our curriculum but it's an 'additional' unit, we use thuya at college too, which in my opinion is the best perming kit on the market. Just wish you could do it on yourself!!

If you're careful and do one eye at a time, you can do your own. I did my own after I trained a month ago and I'm still delighted with them xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back