Lash techs-getting your own lashes done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I'm a lash tech and after having a set done myself before I was trained that were hideous and left me with bald lids I've been put off getting my own done.

So after a year of searching I finally found an AH Francis trained lash tech who had a lovely Facebook page, very professional, beautiful before and after pics and a real enthusiasm for her work.
I decided to trust in her and try as she was highly recommended.

I got there and she was the most lovely lady, really nice and sounded very knowledgable.

Anyway, I'm home and my lashes are awful :(
She said she used 0.20 and 0.25 in 13mm right across.
My lashes are short and weak so I did say I only wanted light lashes.

They are all clumpy and glued together, there are gaps including no lashes at all in one corner and there's 'gunk' in them :(

She's so lovely I don't want to say anything but I just wanted to know...do other lash techs find it hard getting others to do there lashes?

I'm wondering if its just me being a perfectionist or not being happy as I would have done them different? Am I being unrealistic?

I just want others take on if it is just me?

I'm actually going to remove them shortly as they're really uncomfortable, ferl too heavy and hurt :(

I know this is kind of a consumer question but its one from a lash technicians point of view so I'm hoping I posted in the right place x

I'm a lash tech and after having a set done myself before I was trained that were hideous and left me with bald lids I've been put off getting my own done.

So after a year of searching I finally found an AH Francis trained lash tech who had a lovely Facebook page, very professional, beautiful before and after pics and a real enthusiasm for her work.
I decided to trust in her and try as she was highly recommended.

I got there and she was the most lovely lady, really nice and sounded very knowledgable.

Anyway, I'm home and my lashes are awful :(
She said she used 0.20 and 0.25 in 13mm right across.
My lashes are short and weak so I did say I only wanted light lashes.

They are all clumpy and glued together, there are gaps including no lashes at all in one corner and there's 'gunk' in them :(

She's so lovely I don't want to say anything but I just wanted to know...do other lash techs find it hard getting others to do there lashes?

I'm wondering if its just me being a perfectionist or not being happy as I would have done them different? Am I being unrealistic?

I just want others take on if it is just me?

I'm actually going to remove them shortly as they're really uncomfortable, ferl too heavy and hurt :(

I know this is kind of a consumer question but its one from a lash technicians point of view so I'm hoping I posted in the right place x

I never got what I wanted myself and have settled for no extensions at all :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Glad it's not just me. Shame tho :(
I need you, elliebee or blinkin gorgeous to live nearer! Lol

Im the same. I haven't even found anyone in my area with decent pictures :-(

I'm the same, can't find anyone whose work I'm happy with. I also dont have the time to travel to a lash tech, get lashed, then travel home, along with regular infill appts.

So I apply lashes on my own eyes using the Blink +Go (express) method

I don't have the time to get my lashes done! (I should make the time time really)
Instead I'm having LVL on Monday 😊

I think that lashes and nails that aren't done too well can become such a norm that that is what an untrained client would probably come to expect. Embarassingly perhaps, I know of people who have been left with big clumpy spiders who say that they love their newly done lashes. So yeah, maybe it can get to a point where clumpy spider leg lashes become aa norm because that's all people know to expect.

To be fair, the above is probably an extreme example and I don't do lashes myself yet but I've seen it done with nails too where nobody bats an eyelid at a smile line that is half way down the actual nail because when you see a lot of sets like that it us understandable that people come to expect that and then actually think that it looks good!

I think that sometimes we're just extra fussy!!! I know I am. I have a lovely lady who does my lashes, and she does a great job but she just doesn't do them how I would do them if I was a client.

I bite my lip and learnt to appreciate her style :)

I managed to find someone close who has done me some lovely sets she is the only person I trust with them lol good job really when I did her training rofl.

Cazjp what's your Facebook or website hun I've been looking for a good lasher close to me ;) x x

Latest posts

Back