Lashes don't last

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anastasia Vasic

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has this problem. when i apply full set first they last about 2 to 3 weeks before they need a refill. but after the first refill a few people told me that they lose a lot of them and need a top up almost every week. Do you have any idea why it happens?

I wonder if anyone else has this problem. when i apply full set first they last about 2 to 3 weeks before they need a refill. but after the first refill a few people told me that they lose a lot of them and need a top up almost every week. Do you have any idea why it happens?

Are you sure at the maintenance appointment, that the lashes are absolutely clean before you start? I wouldn't rely on the client doing the best job of cleaning the lashes ... like anything else the preparation you do is all important.

Geeg is right, make sure you apply the primer and prepare the lashes thoroughly to remove any residue and also possible rest of adhesive!
Also check if the clients keep using the sealant and appropriate Mascara, Make up etc as some might be careful the first couple of weeks and then the novalty has worn off and they might not be as careful as in the beginning?

Assuming you did everything by the book... when you did the full set did you attach them to mostly very long natural lashes? because these will be the first to shed.

I was trained to choose more medium length natural lashes than the very long ones.

Assuming you did everything by the book... when you did the full set did you attach them to mostly very long natural lashes? because these will be the first to shed.

I was trained to choose more medium length natural lashes than the very long ones.

This is a likely answer, especially if they are losing them naturally, if you have extended the longer ones they are coming to the end of their life cycle by this time and are naturally shedding,
you can check if it is because of this or because of things they are doing incorrectly,
give your client a small snap bag and ask her to put the ones she notices into the bag and bring them into you,
if the extension has the natural lash still fully attached then it has shed naturally,
if it is only the extension without a natural lash fully attached then the extension has worked its way off the natural lash and this has to be down to something coming into contact with the lashes and extensions that contains an oil, hth

Also check if the clients keep using the sealant QUOTE]

what sealent are you referring to? I was never taught to ask clients to apply sealant

Clients with oily skin also tend to lose lashes faster. They need to keep them really clean, and if possible, blot around the eyes during the day.
And definitely make sure they are squeaky clean before you start. I use two eyeshadow applicators to clean lashes with witch hazel and then apply primer. I also use isopropyl alcohol to cure the glue when I'm finished.

Thank you so much for your answers, I will have to have a look at this again. I don't think i was given any product to clean lashes before the application, that might be the problem. they say use a soupy water with a baby shampoo, I am not sure if it is much helpful. Can you use surgical spirit before the application, just to make sure they are all clean? Isn't it going to harm the glue?
Thankks so much for your help again:hug:

Latest posts

Back