Last minute cancellation, How should i reply?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes have T & C on your website but you also should advise them of them when they first book. Have it on your consultation forms so they sign to say they acknowledge them. Cross all wires so they have no excuse to not know about them. xx

Thank you, i will be doing this from now on.

I would say something along the lines of "Hi for cancellations under 24 hours notice I usually charge 50% of the treatment as the slot can't usually be filled at such short notice. As this is the first time you have cancelled I am happy to waiver this. Please let me know when is good for you to rebook. I'm looking forward to doing your treatments."

Weezie,

You always get these spot on!!

I think there should be a new group (or something) "Weezie's responses. Everything you will ever need to know!

You could do some stock answers that we could use for all those awkward clients/moments.

I would print them off and keep them by my phone! LOL

Weezie,

You always get these spot on!!

I think there should be a new group (or something) "Weezie's responses. Everything you will ever need to know!

You could do some stock answers that we could use for all those awkward clients/moments.

I would print them off and keep them by my phone! LOL

I agree, her answers where spot on, really helped me out!

Thanks weezie!

Aww just saw this, thanks you guys! I'm glad it all worked out well.

I touch wood have no more messers as clients and personally I woudnt want her to be my client for the sheer disrespect she has just shown you.
As unprofessional as it sounds I wouldnt even reply. I store these clients in my phone as 'messer' if they ring/text me again then oh dear i am soooo busy for all of those dates that they need!
We are running a business at the end of the day. These people are like an itch you cant scratch. So annoying!
As you can tell I have no tollerance for it lol xx

I completly agree! x

This is always such a difficult and frustrating issue.
I recently had a similar issue with a client cancelling an apt 40mins before she was due to arrive, her reason being 'ive got too much on and am too busy.' It was a 2.5hr slot on a friday and I had turned away so many people! I was furious. When I tried to call the client to ask if she would be re-booking she would not answer the phone, It states clearly on our price list a 50%cancellation fee may be incurred if 24hrs notice is not given.
In many cases a client offers to pay and realizes their causing you inconvenience, it is then down to you as an individual whether or not you decide to accept or honor their offer.
I have now introduced a deposit policy to the salon where a deposit will be taken to secure any booking over 1.5 hrs, it is deductible from the cost of the treatment and maybe non-refundable if 24hr notice is not given for any cancellation. The client gets to spread the cost of thier treatment and my time is covered....win win situation.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back