Leaflet drops - is there any point?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its a terrible shame that the lady who was a tech rang and had a go at you....when you do leaflet drops it does not have the occupiers occupation stamped on their front door!!!! how are you to know who you are delivering to?!

i understand that she may have wanted to let you know she was a tech and that was the area she worked but it doesn't mean that all local residents will choose to go to her.

i wouldn't be a bit bothered if a leaflet came trough my door from another tech/therapist, if anything it would give me a shove to pull my finger out and get advertising!!!!!!!!!

true welll said i had a leaflet from another tech - great oppourtunity to check out the competition and as you said is sometimes the kick up the bum you need to get your own name out there! x

i think a bit of competition keeps us all on our toes! and reminds us how important it is to get our name out there and keep it there!!

:rolleyes:
make up another leaflet, saying you have won £3000 pounds for nothing, his house number/ name came up in that area. all he has to do is say what he thinks of junk mail?????????????:lol: leave your number on it and see how quick he is to jump on that!!!!!:lol: then when he rings you and you say, offer closed, but oh i do lovely nails-did you get the leaflet? and have you got a lady in your life that would like a free set of nails, and he says NO, you can say that doesnt suprise me you miserable ol' git!!!!! :lol:

Sorry my wicked sense of humour............they say from 1000 leaflets you will get one customer and an old git jumping up and down on another!!!

xx

i think its a terrible shame that the lady who was a tech rang and had a go at you....when you do leaflet drops it does not have the occupiers occupation stamped on their front door!!!! how are you to know who you are delivering to?!

i understand that she may have wanted to let you know she was a tech and that was the area she worked but it doesn't mean that all local residents will choose to go to her.

i wouldn't be a bit bothered if a leaflet came trough my door from another tech/therapist, if anything it would give me a shove to pull my finger out and get advertising!!!!!!!!!
:green:
she obviously doesnt have many customers...........and hates to think that you might be getting her share!!! i'd collect up all the nail techs leaflets in your area and stick them through her letter box and see if she rings them all up!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
our clients keep the ones they get through, so we can peruse, and, like you say, it keeps us on our toes, and our clients dont run off with every tech that post a leaflet through there door...................
i offer clients a discount too if we are doing a leaflet drop or any specials, just to let them know they are special too

i havent had another tech ring me but then i havent had anyone ring me from my leaflet drop. i have dropped about 600 leaflets about 3 weeks ago. Im losing faith really quickly.so hopefully someone will take my leaflet read it and then call me......even if it is to tell me to get out of there area lol...
Im desperate Ill take anything.. lol ... lol ...lol
muscling in on her patch..........does she own the rights to that area, and bought the streets from the council............
:lol: sounds more like a drug dealer, her patch!!!!! obviously worried about the competition!!!!
SADx

The answer to the original question is a HUGE YES!

Not only can it get you a customer, even just 1 can generate a whole lot of friends and family of that 1 person, but it can make you feel good about yourself and your business.

You are doing something towards becoming successful, you are not just sitting at home wishing you had more clients, you are out there putting in some hard yacka to achieve them.

And don't worry about that sorry old man, if he hasn't got a "No Junk Mail" sign, then it's his problem not yours. x

Well done you for using the opportunity to get on with promoting your business. I had a very successful leaflet drop recently and I think it was down to three things
1. Delivering it on a Sunday
2. I delivered full colour vistaprint postcards that looked really pucka
3. I delivered at a busy time of year at the beginning of August.

If you look at my guide to advertising in the articles section then you will see that Leaflet dropping is the stimulative type of advertising. Therefore they tend to have a need for your services just as your leaflet is delivered through the door and will respond. Very few people keep leaflets thinking that it may be useful one day, so make sure you deliver when business is good March - end July. Mid Sept- mid Oct and Mid Nov- Mid Jan.

If you deliver say the last 2 weeks of August then people are either away on holiday or back from holiday and totally skint. They'll take one look at your leaflet and think that there is no way on earth they can justify the expense.

After feedback from the geeks we decided that delivering on a Sunday was best as it doesn't get lost with all the bills and other post, and people are more laid back and receptive on a Sunday.

Finally your ad is your shop front. If it looks inviting and professional then it's how people will perceive you. If it's badly laid out and looks a bit mickey mousish then again that's the vibes you are giving out to potential clients.

please forgive me for jumping in on this thread, My wife runs a nail bar and I am trying to do whatever I can to drum up business for her, We had talked about doing a massive leaflet drop (3000 approx) but after reading the general opinion on this thread I am now unsure.

Can I ask what you all feel is the best way to advertise your nail bars with a cost effective method?

Also when you have done leaflet drops in the past what sort of quality do you aim for? I am just wondering what sort of response rate you get using a quality colour leaflet as opposed to a home printed black and white on crappy thin paper etc??

PLease be nice as I am new to all this and obviously I dont know much about the nail business, I just want to do whatever I can to help my wife out:)

Bye

If you click on this link hun http://www.thenailgeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html it will take you to the article I wrote as I mentioned above. It takes time to build a business and really your reputation if it is good will be your best form of promotion.

However I have found that my website is now my main source of enquiries. I made my own and then followed Seanny's threads (he's a geek on here ) on how to enhance it to make it truly search engine friendly. I am now number one on most of the search engines.

good luck to your wife, get her to join as a geek, we're a helpful friendly bunch

Twice I have done leaflet drops, the first it was 450 and I had 2 calls both for one off treatments and the second, 300 I had no replies at all....I personally think they are a waste of time and have now changed to other methods of advertising with more success.

If you click on this link hun http://www.thenailgeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html it will take you to the article I wrote as I mentioned above. It takes time to build a business and really your reputation if it is good will be your best form of promotion.

However I have found that my website is now my main source of enquiries. I made my own and then followed Seanny's threads (he's a geek on here ) on how to enhance it to make it truly search engine friendly. I am now number one on most of the search engines.

good luck to your wife, get her to join as a geek, we're a helpful friendly bunch
:!:
wot sort of methods to you use as an alternative to leaflets???
:)

:!:
wot sort of methods to you use as an alternative to leaflets???
:)
The main thing I always found worked best was a display ad in Thomsons Local, Yp and an enhanced listing on yell.com. But if I'd been continuing advertising this year I'd only have done Yell.com and Thomson as my website works best for me.

Lol!! The fact that you still remained postive at the end of the day, even after that horrible man tore up your lefleat, means that your persistance will be rewarded honey. Good luck!!

xxxx

well after my bitch about my pamphlet drop not working.:grr: :grr: :grr: I actually got a call and a new cutomer today.....I cant believe it...its a MIRACLE...she loved her nails and rebooked for 2 weeks time...there is a pamphlet god out there after all. lol ....well thats one down 600 to go...after all I did deliver 600 pamhlets.... I should be so Lucky..lucky ..lucky.:lol: ..oh yeah thats a song...:lol:

Twice I have done leaflet drops, the first it was 450 and I had 2 calls both for one off treatments and the second, 300 I had no replies at all....I personally think they are a waste of time and have now changed to other methods of advertising with more success.

Hi,

I've done two major leaflet drops (500 leaflets each) and never had a single call from them.

It was a lot of hard work and the leaflets were professionally designed and done by a printer (which cost a fortune !!).

I did my first one just before the Christmas season last year and the second one in the middle of July this year hoping for the summer rush. I also delivered my leaflets on a Sunday.

Having read quite a few threads on here about leaflet dropping, I think it's more "miss" than "hit" with them.

For the money I spend on them, I would rather take out a proper ad with Yell as I'm sure that would bring in more business.

Marlise

Latest posts

Back