Leaflet drops - is there any point?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
I was supposed to be on a Lash/brow tinting course today, but it got cancelled. As I didn't have any clients booked in I thought I would make use of the spare time I have and do a leaflet drop (plus the fact I was thinking of the exercise that I need). I know you don't get many calls from leaflet drops, I'd say on average 3 to 5 for every 100 you post, but sometimes its worth it!

I went out with 300 leaflets and decided that I wouldn't return home until I'd posted them all, anyway I'm back home now, still with 100 leaflets, feeling very hot and bothered as its very muggy out there today. Anyway the main reason I'm home and I lost interest after a couple of hours, is that a man came out of his house huffin and puffin and ripped up my leaflet and stamped it on the floor and slammed his front door !! I was in fact 2 doors away when I turned back and then realised what he was doing. It then got me thinking that even though I know its not "junk mail", to others it may seem so and do we really need any more through our letter boxes. Then a lady took one off me entering her house and asked for one for her niece and said she'd be in touch......so for every cloud there's a silver lining I guess!

(I think I'll go around to that guy's house in the middle of the night and put 100 through his door LOL !!!)

I was supposed to be on a Lash/brow tinting course today, but it got cancelled. As I didn't have any clients booked in I thought I would make use of the spare time I have and do a leaflet drop (plus the fact I was thinking of the exercise that I need). I know you don't get many calls from leaflet drops, I'd say on average 3 to 5 for every 100 you post, but sometimes its worth it!

I went out with 300 leaflets and decided that I wouldn't return home until I'd posted them all, anyway I'm back home now, still with 100 leaflets, feeling very hot and bothered as its very muggy out there today. Anyway the main reason I'm home and I lost interest after a couple of hours, is that a man came out of his house huffin and puffin and ripped up my leaflet and stamped it on the floor and slammed his front door !! I was in fact 2 doors away when I turned back and then realised what he was doing. It then got me thinking that even though I know its not "junk mail", to others it may seem so and do we really need any more through our letter boxes. Then a lady took one off me entering her house and asked for one for her niece and said she'd be in touch......so for every cloud there's a silver lining I guess!

(I think I'll go around to that guy's house in the middle of the night and put 100 through his door LOL !!!)

Gosh what a grumpy man!! I really dislike people like that, it's just un-needed to be so rude if you ask me, fair enough if you don't want to read it just put it in the bin. You should of reported him as a litter lout! lol, then he really would of had something to huff and puff about. I have just ordered my leaflets from Vistaprint, but must admit to having second thoughts about how effective they will really be. Well hopefully you will get lots of calls from yours!:)

Go for it. I'd love to see his face, miserable git. I hope you have some calls after today!

How rude is that !

You should pop round & advise him to get one of those stickers that request that you don't deliver leaflets, free papers/magazines etc. !

I have done a leaflet drop & got two calls from it (about 200 leaflets) one client cancelled never heard from her again & the other has now become a regular client :)

Even if i didn't get any response from it i just think of the calories ive burned :lol:

I'm afraid I'm a bit wicked and I would save up every bit of junk mail (and probably collect from friends too) I get through my door for the next couple of weeks and then 'let him have it' one night!

OK - he may not want your leaflet, but stomping out and tearing it up outside is a bit dramatic and rude! He could just politely ask you not to post anymore and I'm sure you wouldn't.

I'm afraid I'm a bit wicked and I would save up every bit of junk mail (and probably collect from friends too) I get through my door for the next couple of weeks and then 'let him have it' one night!

OK - he may not want your leaflet, but stomping out and tearing it up outside is a bit dramatic and rude! He could just politely ask you not to post anymore and I'm sure you wouldn't.

I'm gonna do it, and just like you said, I'm gonna save it up and late one evening drag my boyfriend over there and let him post em.......oh err thinking about it now, he's a copper, so I better do it LOL!!
icon_lol.gif

:irked: Theres plenty of grumpy people out there. i used to do betterware:lol:
many years ago and i would get 1 in 50 people who would be rude to me.
hehehe laght them off perhaps hes got pmt. Keep going

What a fool, just think thats the only thing he had to do today, Very sad!

im about to order some leaflets n start calorie burning! dont let that man get to you he prob had an ex wife who had her nails done n she left him!! thats y he was so angry! lol oh i dont know but his prob not yours chick

ive also been doing leaflet drops had my lads helping me I had one lady ring and say can you come and cut my hair :smack:
I had another lady ring and shout at me cos she was another tech and said i was muscling in on her patch :irked:
but ive also had a few calls inquiring so it cant all be bad
hope you get lots of calls soon darling
Debbie x

I think it'll be worth it.
I did one recently and found it very sucessful. Got a load of bookings and they are still coming in. I did the leaflet drop on a Sat and Sun so don't know if this makes any difference.
I put an ad in local paper and got 1 booking and it cost £50!!
Even if you only get a few bookings from leaflet drop that may lead into more from the best form of advertising 'Word of mouth'.
I had one woman shout abuse at me when I did it but its not like you're putting leaflets through for windows or something we get many leaflets for, at the end of the day you're offering a service in that area.
Good luck with it.

i would stick a leaflet on his door every night for a few weeks!he he that would teach him!

I dont like leaflet drops.I dropped a couple of hundred,along with my 3 kids(didn't drop them off,LOL,they helped me) about 4 years ago and got 1 call back.It seemed a huge amount of work for very little reward.If I was to advertise again(I work for someone so dont need to at the mo)I would def get myself a web site and possibly Yellow pages.Never leaflet drops.This is just my personal opinion.Also I think the man that got angry was probably totally fed up with with the junk mail.Not saying your leaflets were junk:hug: However, how many of us see leaflets on the door mat and dont even read them?Lots, I'm guessing.I throw them in the blue bin(recyle without a second thought.I know it's not nice and it's like a smack in the teeth when you have worked damned hard making,delivering them but that's the sad reality.Anyway,good luck and I hope you have lots of new clients following your hard work:hug: xx

I'm gonna do it, and just like you said, I'm gonna save it up and late one evening drag my boyfriend over there and let him post em.......oh err thinking about it now, he's a copper, so I better do it LOL!!
icon_lol.gif

LOL go for it, i can't believe someone could be so rude and inconsiderate the *****r!!! well lets hope you get some calls soon chick!!

P.s Lets us know how 'operation Junk' goes ...lmao!!:lol:

Thanks for all your replies everyone.......your suggestions have made me chuckle, although I don't need any encouragement!! A client of mine has started an ironing service so I'm going around there next week with her to see if he likes her leaflet, we'll make sure we knock on the door too LOL!! he he!

I've just remembered an episode of "One Foot in the Grave", when someone started emptying all their rubbish through Victors front door :lol: !!

Hayley

ive also been doing leaflet drops had my lads helping me I had one lady ring and say can you come and cut my hair :smack:
I had another lady ring and shout at me cos she was another tech and said i was muscling in on her patch :irked:
Debbie x

what did you say to her i would have just put the phone down on her

Debbie x
i havent had another tech ring me but then i havent had anyone ring me from my leaflet drop. i have dropped about 600 leaflets about 3 weeks ago. Im losing faith really quickly.so hopefully someone will take my leaflet read it and then call me......even if it is to tell me to get out of there area lol...
Im desperate Ill take anything.. lol ... lol ...lol

i got a friends kids to deliver some leaflets for me - didnt have any response - but when i delivered some myself (in a different end of the village) i got a call who has become a regular.
from now on i will be delivering them all myself!

i think its a terrible shame that the lady who was a tech rang and had a go at you....when you do leaflet drops it does not have the occupiers occupation stamped on their front door!!!! how are you to know who you are delivering to?!

i understand that she may have wanted to let you know she was a tech and that was the area she worked but it doesn't mean that all local residents will choose to go to her.

i wouldn't be a bit bothered if a leaflet came trough my door from another tech/therapist, if anything it would give me a shove to pull my finger out and get advertising!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back