Learn to wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi i would like to learn to wax but cant find any courses that just on waxing and a reasonable price. does anyone know any or where to look?

im not sure how hard this is to learn but would like to do a course as soon as possible. i want to have knowledge of things as a back up to my staff..
and the courses seem to be based outside london mainly

thanks

Last edited:
Kim Lawless is not too far from you, but I'm not sure if she does training for people with no prior waxing experience; the relevant page on her site is The Wax Queen anyway.

Loubylou on here does offer a waxing course for beginners as part of her Berins training - Essential Beauty - Beauty Salon & Training Centre - Shipley, West Yorkshire - Berins Training - although she is Yorkshire based, Collin may be able to find you a Berins trainer who also does beginners courses that is nearer to you (although Loubylou is excellent, so may well be worth a trip up the M1)...

thanks il have a look at her website now

which is a better course strip or warm waxing i dont do either so not sure?

but i would think warm waxing..

That would depend on the sort of waxing treatments you would choose to offer.

Strip waxing is OK for larger areas, e.g. legs, chests, backs, arms, etc.

Warm waxing is best for delicate areas, e.g. bikini line, Brazilian waxing, facial waxing, etc.

Strip waxing is generally more economical in terms of amount of product used and cost.

Ideally you would want to train in the use of both types of wax, in order to be able to offer the most comprehensive range of waxing treatments.

Neither one is 'better'....they just have different qualities. Strip wax (warm wax) is the most important to learn, then hot wax. I teach both on my courses so no need to do a seperate course. xx

is warm waxing the same as pot waxing as someone came and asked for that before?

so basically the strip wax is the warm wax as ive seen hot wax courses and warm wax 2

is warm waxing the same as pot waxing as someone came and asked for that before?

so basically the strip wax is the warm wax as ive seen hot wax courses and warm wax 2

Most waxing techniques use a heated wax pot (the exception being roller waxing etc); a spatula is then used to apply the wax to the skin.

Strip wax is where a fabric strip is applied to the wax on the skin; the wax adheres to the strip, and the wax (and hairs) are removed from the skin when the strip is pulled away quickly.

Non-strip wax can be called hot wax or warm wax, the difference being the temperature of the wax, and possibly the technique of application (as was recently discussed on another thread on here - e.g. the "figure of 8" technique for hot wax application). Here, the wax itself is pulled off directly, without the use of a fabric strip. This sort of wax is normally gentler on sensitive areas, and is widely used for intimate waxing, nasal waxing, etc.

Hope that helps - be aware that the information above is coming from someone who has had lots of waxing treatments (and so has acquired a lot of background information about types of wax and techniques etc) - I am not yet a trained waxing professional!

thanks ruth.. i was confused becaue i saw a course on capital really close to me and a good price but can only see warm and hot waxing but doesnt mention strip waxing.
so wasnt sure if the warm one was strip waxing and there not open to monday..
ergh.. my brain hurts..:rolleyes:.

Warm wax is strip waxing (remove with a strip)
hot wax is non strip waxing (the wax sets up and you peel off the wax)
hope that simplifies it for you hun.

Warm wax is strip waxing (remove with a strip)
hot wax is non strip waxing (the wax sets up and you peel off the wax)
hope that simplifies it for you hun.

yes thanks alot... right i got it now.. :):)

i think il start with the warm one in august and follow with the hot wax after.

I trained with kim last week and she was fantastic, i come away from the course feeling so confident. I really really would recommend kim over capital courses. Kim is so worth the money!!

xx

KIM, KIM, KIM! :)
(Ruths impression of a mynah bird)

I'll be training with Kim in the next few weeks, as I know for a fact, the VTCT wasnt enough training for me, & we didnt cover brazillians etc.

The reason I decided to go with Kim, was a: she travels, b: her products are from the high-end of the market, & c: Kims on here enough for me to do my impression of a stalker, & read everything she says, & I trust her implicitly.
A good thing to remember is this:
Pay the most you can for any training, never ever take the cheapest/cheaper option, its rarely/never worth it.

:hug:

Hi there, as anyone heard of Harley wax? I have heard it is just as good as Lycon (same ingrediants ect) but not as expensive.

Anyone used it?

Also recommended hot wax courses?

I've never used Harley but I don't rate Lycon at all. In my opinion, it's very much like the old fashioned figure of eight hot/hard wax. xxx

I trained with kim last week and she was fantastic, i come away from the course feeling so confident. I really really would recommend kim over capital courses. Kim is so worth the money!!

xx
Hi,

Totally agree! I have had very poor training with them and it cost more than my CND training. I had 'sample' size products in the training kit as apposed to the fab kits from sweet squared. Although this was nail training not waxing however the customer services when I complained was also very poor...and was told that not learning to blend was ideal for begginers!

Good luck with waxing..:)

:hug:Hellooooo you people out there!

Just done a day Speed Waxing with our Kim, tell you what wish I had done it earlier (years ago). It was ace, really recommend it. Once Kim has taught you her way (not your way, cos thats what your paying her for) well its all a walk in the park. Its a little tricky at first trying to break the little olde habbits like we all have (now now be honest now ladies) . Tell you what, call her book her get it done, watch and learn you will never look back. Bring it on Barnsley going to be bald:!:

Oh ps ladies going on ladies intimate tomorrow, will keep you updated watch this space:eek::lol:

Latest posts

Back