Left uncomfortable from client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i made it out like a sexual advance then it wasnt intended! Dont get me wrong some people can take it on the chin, but it just makes me feel uncomfortable that hes been in the salon twice and has message me like that!

The fact hes a grown man with a child, possibly a girlfriend, who knows? Makes me feel uneasy!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

But you are a grown woman now. You will get a lot worse in bars and clubs.

I'm not saying it's ok to harass people but I think people are so uptight with political correctness now. Too wrapped up in cotton wool x

But if I did wanna start "molesting" people if whip out the pastel! Hahahahah

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

:cool::p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sexual harassment is a very serious matter and shouldn't ever be seen as something to be endured or accepted as light hearted banter.

The law protects victims of sexual harrassment at their workplace including harrassment by customers.

Sexual harassment is defined as ‘hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive behaviour. It could be a one off incident or a longer course of conduct.

Harrassment includes:

-Unwelcome comments of a sexual nature
-unwanted physical conduct.
-sending offensive e-mails/correspondence

Salon owners would do well to be aware of their responsibilities under the law as they could end up being included in a law suit if they fail to protect the well being of their staff.

But you are a grown woman now. You will get a lot worse in bars and clubs.

I'm not saying it's ok to harass people but I think people are so uptight with political correctness now. Too wrapped up in cotton wool x

But if I did wanna start "molesting" people if whip out the pastel! Hahahahah

You expect it from a drunk guy on a night out, its easy to tell him to piss off as chances are youll never see them again!

You dont expect it from a customer in your workplace, who chances are you may see again.

I obviously just have a complete different mindset regarding this to you all!

We as a profession are usually very well presented and give off a vibe of confidence that no other industry does, we portray class and style and are beautifying everyone and making them feel amazing nd taking the best care of them from day to day, I think attention is completey expected from males and females they look at us as glamorous untouchables so realistically with the tight clothes or stylish looks it is going to draw attention of all walks of life, we definatley need a thick skin to deal with the positive, negative & derogatory comments that get thrown around every day, as you said you'd tell a drunk guy to piss off, do it to this guy lol I would!

There wasn't any sexual harassment, he only told her she was hot, if she just ignores him he'll shut up with dented pride IF..he.continues, then yes, it's a whole different ball game

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah just a difference of opinion, send him my way I need a sugardaddy hahahahha :p

Regardless how anyone else feels, it made you uncomfortable. As you have done, and as has been suggested, just ignore the guy and put it to the back of your mind lovely. X

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

And block him on fb

I had something like this the once. Was about 21 and a man who was at least mid 40s messaged me saying "dreamt about you all night, you were amazing. Woke up so horny"... then came in for a haircut like a week later.. no shame

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I had something like this the once. Was about 21 and a man who was at least mid 40s messaged me saying "dreamt about you all night, you were amazing. Woke up so horny"... then came in for a haircut like a week later.. no shame

That's different though because that is obviously sexual. The original comment was just saying she is " hot as ;)" not saying he dreamt about her and woke up horny that's a bit much lol x

Oh goodness! I dont cut his hair thank god, but the thought of him watching me from reception while i cut his daughters freaks me right out!

How on earth did you stand there and cut his hair? :eek::eek:

Oh goodness! I dont cut his hair thank god, but the thought of him watching me from reception while i cut his daughters freaks me right out!

How on earth did you stand there and cut his hair? :eek::eek:

Lol i know its different just thought id share haha... i didnt luckily i was busy i just shouted the other girl. Couldnt look him in the eye though. I was so embarrassed .... dont see why i should be though haha

Not only do I feel sorry for OP but I also feel sorry for the poor woman he is with (if she is still around!)

I bet if someone made same comment to his daughter he would go mental.

I know why should wr feel awkward and embarassed? Its not us putting ourselves out there and being rejected! 🙈

No idea if he does have a wife or girlfirend, poor girl if so. Wouldnt like the udea of my boyfriend passing remarks like that!!

I know why should wr feel awkward and embarassed? Its not us putting ourselves out there and being rejected! 🙈

No idea if he does have a wife or girlfirend, poor girl if so. Wouldnt like the udea of my boyfriend passing remarks like that!!

Why would you think he has a girldfriend?

He has a child,he may or may not be with her. 😂

It is inappropriate but If you thought he was hot too, you wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've had clients message me before when they find me on Facebook, if I fancy them too I'll message them back. If I don't I'll ignore them. They are the ones who will be embarrassed if they ever come back to the Salon lol, they got rejected!

Ha ha ha ! Brilliant !

Love some of the answers on here. Gave me a chuckle lol.

I would just ignore him Aimee. Completely forget about him. He'll probably realise he's been rejected and stop.

If he messages you again, a simple reply like thanks for the compliment but I'm not interested should be enough xx

I strangely agree with Jamie. As inappropriate as you think it is. If you were single and fancied him. What would you think about it? Would it be ok or still weird?
But defo ignor him. If he comes back he will feel silly. Not you.
As long as he doesn't do anything in the salon. Plus you can block him on fb so he can't look at your personal stuff. X

Latest posts

Back