Lily lolo mineral cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are tipping some into the lid before putting on your brush right?!

becki xxx

I am...but then going from lid to face and while doing face some fall from the brush into the sink..:lol:

On the website don't they have a dispenser to solve this problem? :hug:

they have an applicator brush where you can put it in the body and then it comes out - is that what you mean?

becki x

they have an applicator brush where you can put it in the body and then it comes out - is that what you mean?

becki x

That's what I meant :hug: I have just ordered some samples and saw them too.

you are tipping some into the lid before putting on your brush right?!

It's the getting the lid back on that causes the mess! and as Bagpuss said brush to face causes mess too - I have learned to apply it in my dressing gown!

There's a really really gorgeous greeny-blue eyeshadow which looks amazing as eyeliner, and the blushers are fantastic colours. They seem to work nicely on dark skin too, my friend wears the Very Berry (?) blush and it looks absolutely beautiful on her Nigerian skintone.

My sample should be arriving to day hope that I chose the right colours for my complexion - I have been using loreals mineral hoping that this is even better

Well - I orderd some samples (which I was quite happy to pay for) on Tuesday and also mentioned that I had my own salon as was looking into the option of selling the range in my salon and I have received loads of samples this morning. I am very impressed!

The price of them is very reasonable and ther minimum orer stuff is very reasonable too!

Can I have some feedback from those of you that sell this range in your salon - what do the clients think of it? What do you think of it? Tips on selling the range?

Thanks.

I have used Lily Lolo personally for nearly a year and really rate it. Their ideas of cool and warm are the total opposite to MAC's, so if you haven't got an eye for colour, then you may have trouble choosing the right shade (for client or self). Saying that, everyone seems to have a differing opinion on whether pink is cool and yellow is warm or vice versa. Sometimes it does just very much depend on the shade.

Some of their eyeshadows have got to be applied very carefully: pressing technique and very little blending otherwise they separate and streak. This is only the shadows with a good amount of red pigment in, as red is notoriously hard to blend.

On dry skin, as it's powder form, Lily Lolo foundations/concealers can look very dry and a little unnatural, so I glow it up with moisturiser and set it with brumisateur, then it really does become very dewy and exactly mimics the skin's own texture. Then you can apply cream forms of concealer and highlighter if you wish, without getting any caking.

I don't think I'd ever sell a makeup range, it just isn't the done thing for me, personally. But Lily Lolo would tempt me, as I do believe in it and believe it's far better for the skin than conventional foundations and concealers.

Good luck with your (prospective) new retail range, Theresa!:green:

I have used Lily Lolo personally for nearly a year and really rate it. Their ideas of cool and warm are the total opposite to MAC's, so if you haven't got an eye for colour, then you may have trouble choosing the right shade (for client or self). Saying that, everyone seems to have a differing opinion on whether pink is cool and yellow is warm or vice versa. Sometimes it does just very much depend on the shade.

Some of their eyeshadows have got to be applied very carefully: pressing technique and very little blending otherwise they separate and streak. This is only the shadows with a good amount of red pigment in, as red is notoriously hard to blend.

On dry skin, as it's powder form, Lily Lolo foundations/concealers can look very dry and a little unnatural, so I glow it up with moisturiser and set it with brumisateur, then it really does become very dewy and exactly mimics the skin's own texture. Then you can apply cream forms of concealer and highlighter if you wish, without getting any caking.

I don't think I'd ever sell a makeup range, it just isn't the done thing for me, personally. But Lily Lolo would tempt me, as I do believe in it and believe it's far better for the skin than conventional foundations and concealers.

Good luck with your (prospective) new retail range, Theresa!:green:

Thanks Amy.

Questions: What is the "brumisateur" that you speak of? Do you change the Lili lolo concealers into cream form or use a different brand?

I know you do makeovers so how often do you use the mineral based range of product in comparison to traditional/other makeup types on your clients?

Do you use other mineral makeup ranges too and how do they compare to Lily Lolo?

Thank you so much. x x x :hug:

I know they all say tip a bit into the lid...... I don't, it's too messy and I always end up with too much in the lid - making more mess!

So, this is what I do.

* Gently touch the minerals with your brush to pick up a small amount and transfer to the lid.
* Swirl brush in minerals until it is all up in your brush. (obviously this shouldn't take too much effort as you shouldn't have too much in the lid).
* With the hairs of your brush pointing to the ceiling, gently tap the end of the handle on the sink (or hard surface) to help the last of the minerals to get into your brush. (nothing left to fall off into the sink)
* Apply and repeat until done. Don't brush on, swirl on, don't forget the minerals are in your brush, not on it.
*Your lid should be empty when you are done, allowing you to put it back on without mess.

I do exactly the same with full and sample sizes, just pick up more or less minerals.
Your brush can only hold so much minerals at a time, better to work with less, or you end up in a mess.

HTH someone :hug:
I am...but then going from lid to face and while doing face some fall from the brush into the sink..:lol:

It's the getting the lid back on that causes the mess! and as Bagpuss said brush to face causes mess too - I have learned to apply it in my dressing gown!.....

That is what I do - I think I'm just messy :(

Thanks Amy.

Questions: What is the "brumisateur" that you speak of? Do you change the Lili lolo concealers into cream form or use a different brand?

I know you do makeovers so how often do you use the mineral based range of product in comparison to traditional/other makeup types on your clients?

Do you use other mineral makeup ranges too and how do they compare to Lily Lolo?

Thank you so much. x x x :hug:

Hey Theresa :green:

Brumisateur is pressurised spray water, so it comes out in a very fine mist, opposed to the spray water you do your ironing with! Evian Brumisateur is the easiest to get hold of, available online or in Boots.

You can conceal well with Lily Lolo concealers, Blondie and Nude are my faves for Touche Eclat-style highlighting in the eye/nasolabial/mouth area. However, it doesn't look great on all skins (mature being one of them), so I use Touch Eclat or the Chanel version of Touche also.

If I'm doing a bride who's getting married in the evening or someone who's going to an evening do, I'd think twice about using mineral makeup. Harsh flash photography (which is needed more so in the evenings) really shows up the reflective properties of mineral makeup. With careful lighting, mineral makeup can work well in a studio, if the photographer is informed of what you've used on the skin. It really is the basic rule of not using anything containing Titanium or Zinc Dioxide if there's going to be flash photography. You can sometimes get away with Touche (Titanium Dioxide) if carefully applied, but with mineral makeup you are effectively applying Titanium or Zinc Dioxide to the entire face!

I still probably use conventional makeup most of the time, maybe a 70% to 30% split. I use conventional makeup on myself if I go out in the evening and I know there's going to be loads of my friends with flashy cameras. I did try to go out one evening with Blondie foundation and Nude concealer, and in the photos I looked awful, face totally different colour (bright white, like Dracula's bride) to body. If the camera has a 'soft flash' function this tends to work a lot better, but you would then have to brief EVERYONE who wants to take a photo of you (or client)!

Have you had separate makeup training? As this would give you all the knowledge I've imparted above to you....:up:.....or certainly see you on your way to it xx

Thanks Amy.

I have done the makeup training with my NVQ2 a few years ago but we didnt even touch on mineral makeup. I do want to up my makeup skills for next years bridal scene so that is why I am looking at re-training now.

Who would you recommend to get advanced makeup skills that also includes mineral makeup. I would want to concentrate on bridal makeup as this seems to be the most popular request at my salon.

many thanks

I meant more the information regards Titanium/ZInc Oxide, do they not cover this in NVQ? I know some colleges are quite good on makeup education incorporated into NVQ courses, others are absolutely atrocious. I suppose it very much depends on the teacher.

I went to The London School of Beauty and Makeup near Oxford Circus. Most well-established and highly commended makeup schools are in London. I always advise people who don't want to go down the makeup school route to get in touch with a local, experienced artist and assist them for free. This is the best form of education, and how a lot of the big names in makeup got into the industry.

xx

The salon that i used too work in was a stockist of lily lolo and i can honestly say i LOVE it!!! I normally go for quite a full coverage foundation and didnt think for a second that this powder would give enough coverage and i was shocked with the results my face looked completely flawless!!!ive never felt sooooo pretty lol!! and the eye colours are just FAB!!!!! I have just gone mobile myself and contacted them so i can use them on my clients xxxxxxx

As a personal user of Lily Lolo, I highly recommend it. The finish is fantastic, easy to apply and very reasonably priced. The service is also excellent. I used to use Bare Escentuals but quite frankly the finish wasn't good at all, too chalky and not as natural looking as Lily Lolo. Plus, Bare Escentuals products contain an ingredient called Bismuth Oxychloride which is said to clog pores. The Lily Lolo blushers are fab as you need the tiniest amount so the full size will last about 3 years at this rate!

Just wondering if any of you guys that requested the samples have decided to go ahead with this LilyLolo range?

I am very impressed with the samples I have seen so am now looking further into being a stockist.

Hi I've just started stocking lily lolo in my salon. I must admit it has taken me a little bit of time to get used to it and I kept going back to my other make up incase it didn't last all day for the client. After using it for a few weeks I have found the foundation has a lovely finish on my clients and give a good coverage. Can anyone else let me know how they apply the eyeshadows and how they find they stay. Sometimes I make a right mess putting it on the client as it falls every where maybe I just need a bit of practice. Also I have thought about taking in Jane Iredale make up. Is it better than lily lolo and thats why its more expensive? Or should I just stick to the lily lolo and master it? It is much more affordable for the clients

Hi I've just started stocking lily lolo in my salon. I must admit it has taken me a little bit of time to get used to it and I kept going back to my other make up incase it didn't last all day for the client. After using it for a few weeks I have found the foundation has a lovely finish on my clients and give a good coverage. Can anyone else let me know how they apply the eyeshadows and how they find they stay. Sometimes I make a right mess putting it on the client as it falls every where maybe I just need a bit of practice. Also I have thought about taking in Jane Iredale make up. Is it better than lily lolo and thats why its more expensive? Or should I just stick to the lily lolo and master it? It is much more affordable for the clients

I have only played bout with some of the samples so far but when you apply the eye shadow to your brush to you knock off the excess before applying it to the skin?

How have your clients found it and what sort of feedback have you had from them?

Latest posts

Back