Livid! How can someone teach or pass NVQ student like this?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok , to clarify. The colleges and tutors that I have come across in recent years (4 state colleges and 2 private academys) have been way below the standard of training I would expect and was lucky enough to receive 20 odd years ago.
The tutors on the commercial courses that I send my staff on are by and large far superior.
There may well be fantastic trainers out there but in the state colleges around me they appear to be held back from good teaching by a strange H&s agenda.
I'm all for good H&S training but ALL of year 1 of a 2 year hairdressing course? I have personally seen this!
You can say all you like that current training is top notch, I know 100% it isn't.

well i can 100% say that not ALL private training is top notch either!!!

i trained in the private sector but chose to teach in the public!

The health and safety units run alongside the practical. it takes a few weeks and never occupies more than an hour of a 4 hour lesson. Its pivotal.

I still work in the industry, fully booked, and always will.. and despite my skills ive booked a workshop for my students with a 10 times nail champion to push them further and we cant wait!!

THERE ARE some top notch educators in colleges.. and I know that 100%.. maybe i should write some of the BULL i experienced in the private sector..but im above naming and shaming..

Latest posts

Back