Love this waxing method what are your thoughts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Ok so disclaimer first. She's not using gloves and she's double dipping. This is not something I plan to imitate anytime soon.

So taking the above out of the equation, what do you guys reckon to this waxing method? I really like it and want to try it. I like how she gets the client to bend her feet over the edge of the couch...I'm guessing that this is in order to stretch the skin.

She's not pressing the skin after strip removal but I'm guessing the fact that the skin is constantly stretched makes up for this?

Such a lot of wax applied in one go. I'm guessing that as long as you work speedily that it won't set or cool too much on the clients skin.

Would love to try this method of leg waxing because it looks quick and efficient and not too painful, I just wonder what your thoughts are on it geeks? :)

Eva's Esthetics: Berins Wax - Leg Waxing with Lori Nestore - YouTube

It is speed waxing she's doing, it's similar to how I was trained.

This is Lori Nestore. The Original Wax Queen. Her speed waxing techniques are ace and, if you would like to learn more, her video "The Whole Ball of Wax" covers everything.

This is Lori Nestore. The Original Wax Queen. Her speed waxing techniques are ace and, if you would like to learn more, her video "The Whole Ball of Wax" covers everything.

Awesome! It's interesting because I've heard of "The Whole Ball of Wax" and now I know who and what it relates to :)

Is the video something I can download or is there somewhere I can purchase it from? This is just the sort of information I've been looking for to help me improve my waxing :)

HI Laura, yes you are right its ace and very quick and i would say the most efficient waxing from a time and usage point of view.
As Ellie said there is a whole wax DVD from Lori and its well worth watching more than just once!

The technique together with the right product will really help you get very efficient and quick whilst making this treatment as comfortable as possbile for the client.

I love speed waxing, definately much quicker. My waxing has improved loads since tryign this technique :)

You can speed wax with all good quality new generation waxes - they can applied to a large areas and then you can remove without worrying about it setting up.

I must admit I am quick, but it usually takes me 10-15 mins, not less than 10! Any recommendations as to the best wax? I am hoping to get a new wax pot at the beauty show next month (the dual digital hive one) and was thinking about changing to a new wax as well.

This is very similar to how I was trained. I cover the whole area with wax in one go like she did on the video, I just need to get faster at stripping it off, I tend to press the strip on and thoroughly rub it before removing it, but in the video she applied the strip, rubbed it once, then ripped it off. I think I could speed up my times if I did this.

I know its heavily up for debate but I dont think there's a problem with her double dipping or not wearing gloves, it was a leg wax not a bikini wax, I was taught to wear gloves and never double dip on intimate waxing (bikini and under-arms) but that you can double dip and dont have to wear gloves for legs.

She gets the client to hang their feet off the bed to wax the back of the leg and its similar to how I work, I get the client to rest their foot on their toes, it pulls the back of the leg tight so you've got a good stretch. having them hang their feet off the bed would do the same.

this clip i think is from the old dvd , her new one she doesnt double dip x

I get asked a lot about the whole double-dipping and gloves / no gloves thing and what I normally recommend is that a therapist works to Habia guidelines. I personally don't think Lori double-dipping detracts from the educational benefits of the video as we all know whether we should or shouldn't be doing it and what we feel comfortable with. What Lori is teaching is application and removal with speed.

I sell The Whole Ball of Wax through my website. Don't know if I am allowed to post a link? berinswax.co.uk

I know what I want for Christmas now :)

I love this video, I was on the verge of loathing waxing until I saw this. Now I can do a hard leg in 15/20 mins and I feel so much more confident about it. :lol:

I reeeeeeally wanna get some waxing clients now :)

Latest posts

Back