Lush Hair - what's happening??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHiggleton

Reaction score
hi geeks,
Ive seen a lot of threads about the quality of lush hair lately and im getting a bit worried now, i specifically chose them as they had such great reviews. I wear the extensions myself and tbh they're not what i expected :(
Ive had a couple of customers say the hair is actually falling out, not the whole bond itself but single hairs, but then on the other hand there's one client who's not actually spot on with looking after her hair and hers looks lovely still 2 months later. I found with the last set i put in, which were 18" stick tip, were all different sizes, some were lovely and thick but others were very thin with hardly any strands in them, and i ask the client to pass the strands up to me and in doing this they get to see the hair close up and 3 people now have noticed GREY/WHITE hairs in them so have to pick these out before i put them in, doesn't make me look great sometimes.
Ive also seen a few pics of peoples lush before's and after's where the hair is looking very sparse, and i find in order to get a thick full look i have to buy the more expensive 22" and waste most of it cutting it to length, which again freaks the client out coz they've paid more money and ive gone and thrown most of it away. I really do hope this is just a bad patch they're going thru as i don't want to have to search suppliers again, just wondered what other peoples views were on lush now, good and bad as i know there are still a lot of happy customers out there. Just to confirm this isn't a thread ive started just to bad mouth Lush US, my customers so far are very happy with their hair, I just want to hear peoples views and experiences as this is my business and reputation too and altho I offer a budget range of extensions i still want them to be the best quality

I haven't fitted extensions for a few weeks now and since them I have just seen and heard so many bad reviews about unhappy clients so I'm not willing to fit them knowing they aren't as good and taking the risk.

Has anyone used foxy? They are similar in price and have always been competing with Lush-Us. If they are good I may swop to them. I must admit their sample hair did look a little thinner but felt much nicer.

I haven't fitted extensions for a few weeks now and since them I have just seen and heard so many bad reviews about unhappy clients so I'm not willing to fit them knowing they aren't as good and taking the risk.

Has anyone used foxy? They are similar in price and have always been competing with Lush-Us. If they are good I may swop to them. I must admit their sample hair did look a little thinner but felt much nicer.

thanks for replying hun, This is the reason i started this thread as this is how we earn our livings and I too haven't done any fittings recently, i need to be sure again before i fit anymore, hopefully some others will join in with their experiences

This is really worrying me too as i am going to train with lush us, now really considoring a different company. Does anyone know of a comapny with simaler costs to lush us, regarding training and hair? x

Regardless of their hair quality there training is the best around. I trained with them and they are fab! Honestly go for it! You can always pick and choose suppliers afterwards!

I tried Foxy out on myself and it felt lovely at first but after a few weeks (with correct aftercare might I add!) it was so thin and ratty. The people I've fitted it on said the same I'm afraid.
I'm going to stick with Lush-Us. I know they've got a big order coming in this/next week so fingers crossed whatever problems have been arising lately will be solved!

Yeah that is okay if lush us is sorting the problem out cus I love their customer services and they are fab for next day deliveries etc.

Regardless of their hair quality there training is the best around. I trained with them and they are fab! Honestly go for it! You can always pick and choose suppliers afterwards!

Good point i have heard great things about there training. Think i will give them a go, can allways give the hair a try then swap suppliers if they are no good x

its nice to hear the good sides too, like i said hopefully its just a temporary blip and Lush will be back to their normal low budget but great quality hair :) as for their training I havent read any bad reviews on that at all

Yeah lush us are good fingers crossed it will be good again cus they are brilliant! My ones about 6 months ago in my own hair lasted 4/5 months with correct aftercare they were fab, going down hill tho, come on lush us :)

wish they could come and see this thread and reply lol!x

As I said on another thread I have heard some about the factory they use. Don't think I need to tell that information on here just like they wouldn't. I have used lush us in the past and have fitted it on some friends and it really has gone down. That's why I am trying to stay away from these suppliers. As professionals we need to be able to trust our suppliers and for it to be consistent. I for one know I can't afford complaints and quality issues.

Agreed. I just hope they do get back to consistency soon cus they were good :)

Any recommendations in the meantime ladies xx

I would recommend hair planet. I was a little put off at first as the hair is really cheap but it is really good quality. I have had it in my hair for 3months and it is still as good as new. I much prefer it to lush-us. Balmain is lovely as well but a bit more pricey.

Do you know if hair planet do samples?

Yes, Hair Planet do samples.

I've used them a few times before, and I really like them. Especially their wefts. they are so amazingly thick from top to bottom.

I use hair planet, it does last 3 months with correct aftercare. Xx

Bonita seems to be getting some good reviews just lately... I am fitting it on Thursday so will let you know x

Excellent keep us updated after its been washed etc xx

Latest posts

Back