Make up artist favourite concealers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea85

Reaction score
I'm thinking of updating my concealers and was toying with the idea of the Bobbi Brown University palette but would love to hear whst some of you others use. I noticed that the MAC Studio Finish concealers are now avaiable in palattes with correctors and I have always been a fan of these so that was another option, but I like to have a vit of variety in my kit and wouldn't mind having some other options - suggestions please!

I'm interested to know others opinions here too, I haven't used either in afraid xx

I have the bbu palette and can honestly say its worth every penny, I use it just for the concealers and on every single client . My other favourite concealers are believe it or not collection s lasting perfection concealer .
I looked at the mac concealer palettes also but always seem to be out of stock

I have the bbu palette and can honestly say its worth every penny, I use it just for the concealers and on every single client . My other favourite concealers are believe it or not collection s lasting perfection concealer .
I looked at the mac concealer palettes also but always seem to be out of stock

Have you not used the foundations at all? I thought I might get quite a bit of use out of them for contouring and highlighting.

Something like Collection is not really any good to me as I need a wide variety of shades. Most high st brands do not cater for this unfortunately.

I very rarely use the foundations , I just like my liquid foundations . But would be ideal for contour /highlight . They Bly thing I'm not sure about it how to refill them, as I use the lightest colours the majority of the time so I am going to use them up much faster that the darker shades .

MAC Pro Longwear.....insane product!

MAC Pro Longwear.....insane product!

I do like MAC Prolongwear concealer but I was ideally after a palette so that I don't have to buy lots of colours individually. Also, the packaging is rather messy, it's not really suitable for a kit.

Oh sorry I didn't read thoroughly, Ben Nye or Graftobian do some great palettes! I agree, the packaging of the MAC Pro Longwear does get quite messy, you just have to wipe it over every now & then x

Oh sorry I didn't read thoroughly, Ben Nye or Graftobian do some great palettes! I agree, the packaging of the MAC Pro Longwear does get quite messy, you just have to wipe it over every now & then x

It's a pain, so much comes out of that stupid pump! Is there a particular Ben Nye or Graftobian concealer/corrector palette you would recomemnd? I've had a Graftobian foundation one before and really liked it x

Mac Studio finish concealer is identical in coverage and consistancy to the Mac full coverage foundation (pro item only , although you do not need to be a pro to buy it , just buy it a pro store or order over the phone)

What I do is buy the Full coverage foundations and put them into my own palette.

You get 28g of product as opposed to 3g and the full coverage foundation does not have any SPF in it unlike the concealer which has SPF30 and is prone to flashback

I also use the bobbi brown colour correctors which are just AMAZING ... would be lost without them!!!

I have tried the concealers as I get such great value from the full coverage foundation from Mac

Mac Studio finish concealer is identical in coverage and consistancy to the Mac full coverage foundation (pro item only , although you do not need to be a pro to buy it , just buy it a pro store or order over the phone)

What I do is buy the Full coverage foundations and put them into my own palette.

You get 28g of product as opposed to 3g and the full coverage foundation does not have any SPF in it unlike the concealer which has SPF30 and is prone to flashback

I also use the bobbi brown colour correctors which are just AMAZING ... would be lost without them!!!

I have tried the concealers as I get such great value from the full coverage foundation from Mac

That's an interesting point about the MAC foundation, just not sure I could be bothered with putting some of it into a smaller palette if I'm honest! But that would work out quite cheap with my Pro card. Think I might just go for the BBU palette as I used to swear by the concealer for personal use for about 8 years (until they changed the formula, GRRR!) and really like the correctors too.

Latest posts

Back