Make up must haves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can go try the mineral foundations please??

Or is it a buy online product only?

I love Lipglass by MAC
and I too use a powder with a wet brush for eyeliner
white eyeliner too
a lot of brands now seem to offer mineral products... ask your usual one, and see what they say... I think the first one who offered it to large public was Sephora.

I cannot live with out:

FRESH MINERALS Powder & lipsticks eye shadows

Max 2 tonic essence

Touche Eclat 01

Fresh Minerals contain silk which I beleive holds 1000 x its own weight in moisture so this will not dry out your skin

Hi Kerry Ann,

At the minute my 2 favourites are 257 which is a lovely pinky colour which looks nice if youve got quite a pinky blush on and 157 which is like a pinky brown(sounds strange but hard to describe) which is lovely for through day. Its the sparkle though that makes these fab. There not very plumping though so if you have thin lips I would buy a plumper, I use a conditioner/plumper from avon and that really does the job. All in all though there gorgeous so stock up lol.
p.s. Will be heading to my local MAC counter asap, you should get commission lol.

Hey been doing some researching on here and thought I would bump this up from 2008 for a 2012 update

soo love to hear make up must haves!

so come on spill the beans geeks

Hi there, well as a woman who is sliding into her 50's faster than ever, my make up has seen a lot of changes.
First one; Elf face primer, smooths out the skin texture so foundation glides on instead of sitting in all the wrinkles. Doesn't matter if it's liquid, mineral or something else.
I used to use a white eye liner on the water line but as I've got older I've found it to be to harsh so I now use a cream coloured one, currently the avon one, very soft and creamy. Also use this under the arch of my brow.
I too use a small angled brush with my eye-shadow for eye-liner, top and bottom.
Must have tool for those of us who have very short lashes is the heated lash curler from Blinc It's amazing, heats up in seconds and you just rest it against the base of your lashes for 5 seconds.
For lips, it's got to be the lip exfoliator from Lush, I put it on with a bit of lip balm rub lips together and they are smooth as silk ready for my lippy.
Long lasting lippy. Anything from the Body shop.
Foundation I have discovered the joy of airbrush. Love love love it.

ooo Im liking the sound of your eyelash curler.. where do you get that?

Thanks hun, I will have a look tomorrow in town to try the white one, cos I found that black eyeliner look a bit heavy for me, I prefer natural looking make ups...:)

No, I wasnt talking about your writing, was on about me that dont know about the white eyeliner, sorry :hug:

An alternative to black eyeliner of you feel it looks slightly heavy is brown eyeliner. Much more natural, especially If your fair. I almost always use it now instead of black.

Pickle- if your having trouble with your eyeliner, I have a YouTube tutorial on a few different eyeliners that might help. Let me know if you want the URL. :)

Oh and bourjois paris flower protection foundation is one of my top foundations at the moment.

Suzie H... Do you have a link of where to get the lip exfoliator you mentioned? Does it work really well? My lips are always dry!! I've tried a bunch of different things but my lips always end up dry :(

Suzie H... Do you have a link of where to get the lip exfoliator you mentioned? Does it work really well? My lips are always dry!! I've tried a bunch of different things but my lips always end up dry :(

You can buy it from Lush but I find a cheaper option is to mix sugar & melted lip balm together and put it in a small container - same thing but half the price!

Oh I hadn't even thought of that. Any tips on how to do it relatively mess free lol.

Do it in the shower.

Hehe lol sorry but i just had a bit of a giggle with your comment...bad i know :p

But good idea :)

I LOVE Dr. Pierre Ricaud-it's french anti ageing make-up. My grandma got a catalogue through the door and bought some for me about 7 years ago and i've used it ever since!

And i swear by FM Cosmetics caligraphy eyeliner pen..easy to apply and lasts all day!!xx

I would definitely recommend Christian Eyebrow make-up by Izabelle Hammon LTD.

Defined Eyebrows are so in fashion at the moment and Christian Eyebrow gives you and your clients a clean and natural eyebrow definition that lasts all day, not to mention is a fraction of the cost of tattooing and other current eyebrow brands.

I love versatility, that's what would make a product rank highly for me.

My absolute favourite product to work with professionally is Stila Illuminating Foundation. Every skin type loves it!

My own personal faves are Benefit e/shadow in Buckle Bunny, Chanel liquid e/shadow in Glacier (can be used everywhere!) and NARS The Multiple in Copacabana.

Can you use the illuminating foundation on brides? Does it photograph well? X

About to start my make up course so just marking this for later. Brill thread

I adore the RVB Color Therapy range, I used to have major problems with flaking mascaras or waterproof ones irritating my eyes and contacts - the RVB Volume mascara is a god send, it's like Benefit Bad Gal mascara but better :D

I also always used to carry Touche Eclat but found that if I did not use it for a while it started to smell - has anyone else experience this?

I adore the RVB Color Therapy range, I used to have major problems with flaking mascaras or waterproof ones irritating my eyes and contacts - the RVB Volume mascara is a god send, it's like Benefit Bad Gal mascara but better :D

I also always used to carry Touche Eclat but found that if I did not use it for a while it started to smell - has anyone else experience this?

I find most of YSL make up it smells damp after a while, I took a lipgloss back once because of it.

Anything mac I love it all x

Latest posts

Back