Make up...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering whatbrand of make up you wear?

I am wanting something that gives me a nice coverage & lastsmost of the day. I use clinque liquid when going out but i feel its too much for during the day, any suggestions? :D xxx

The Body Shop.

I have recently become a Consultant for them and never used their products before but I have fallen in love with their make-up.

Every bit of the range is brilliant!

louise said:
Hi all,

Just wondering whatbrand of make up you wear?

I am wanting something that gives me a nice coverage & lastsmost of the day. I use clinque liquid when going out but i feel its too much for during the day, any suggestions? :D xxx

I LOVELOVELOVE Virgin Vie Perfect Balance Foundation. It gives beautiful coverage and lasts all day (and night, even in sweaty clubs) on my oily skin!!

This is the only foundation ive re-purchased time and time again. Ive tried clinique superbalanced, estee lauder double wear, lancome adaptive, clarins oil free true radience, clarins multi matte, No7 balancey one lol cant remember what its called. you name it ive tried it!!! lol.

I wear boots No.7 make up. They are reasonably priced (not cheap but doesn't cost the earth), good quality (they usually do there own versions of the famous brands such as lipfinity by maxfactor) nice colours and lovely packaging.
I love No.7's colour change foundation, its really light and changes colour to match your skin tone perfectly.
I have just bought the new 2 step mascara (the one advertised at the mo) and that is fab for big lashes!
I couldn't live without my Maxfactor lipfinity, lasts all day without retouching.

cool thread!! love my make up!!

don't wear foundation but luuuuvvvvv Benefit Hoola, it's a bronzer and it's Gorg!!!

also love Urban Decay eyeshadow and Bourjouis lippy!!

xxxx

Fingertips ND said:
The Body Shop.

I have recently become a Consultant for them and never used their products before but I have fallen in love with their make-up.

Every bit of the range is brilliant!

Ohhhh what does that involve hon ~ being a consultant for them!

Also what is the foundation like is it powder or liquid.

Do body shop do partys?

:D xxx

louise said:
Ohhhh what does that involve hon ~ being a consultant for them!

Also what is the foundation like is it powder or liquid.

Do body shop do partys?

:D xxx

I hold parties for people in their homes, etc.

They do an ultra smooth face base and lovely soft powder and they also do tinted glow enhancer which is good too.

Do you want a party LOL

I'm interested in this too. I generally can't wear foundation as my skin is too sensitive. I can't wear any of the No7 range. I'd love to find one that I can wear. I have to wear concealer for my dark circles, I love Touche Eclat & I love my eyeliener too. Oh & I don't think I could live without my Juicy Tubes!

I've never tried Virgin Vie or Bodyshop products. Are they good for sensitive skin?

I am a MAC girl through and through........ they have everthing i could wish for and more......... studio fix is a fab all day long lasting foundation that will not move in rain or shine lol................they also have little pots of pigment so you can mix your own if you want to........ a bit like custom blending lol............

Im a mac and a benefit girl with a bit of clarins and clinique thrown in for good luck, could say im a product junkie lol
x

Hi

I have tried loads of different types, Dior Fluid is really nice for coverage but I think Max Factor Skin Adapt is by far the best i have tried. It goes on real smooth and adapts to the colour of you skin, coverage is fab. It is only £11.99 as well and lasts all day. If you go into Boots and ask a consultant for a sample they will give you one as they are supplied with little sample tubes ( inside information!!). Good Luck

LOL

Em

I don't bother with foundation in the summer. I just wear a tinted moisturiser with a bit of loose powder over the top. In winter i tend to wear estee lauder double wear but i might try that virgin vie one. I have been hearing a lot about their products recently.

One of the best foundations i had was a maybelline one but they discontinued it! That happened to me with my favourite tinted moisturiser as well. :sad:

i wear max factor during the day with my dandelion powder from benefit over the top....makes me look healthy.
i love the packaging from benefit and the cute names for their make up....but i am a pick and mix girl really and if i find something that works i stick with it.......i am addicted to buying lip glosses and sparkly eyeshadows(they are my down fall)

Body Shop for sure!!!
I use the Ultra Smooth Face Base NO 7 its luuuuurvelly :biggrin:
It has taken me a long time to find one that suits my skin and stays all day without going shiny etc, it is like a mousse and so easy to apply.
Like many of you i have spent alot of money trying different ones over the years, just wish i had thought of Body Shop years ago!!!!!

Latest posts

Back