Making a toe nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
Hello Lovelies!!

I had a lady come into the salon the other day asking about gel toes. Not something I have on my list as I haven't had a call for it where I am located. She has had an ingrowing toenail removed and is left with a big toe with no nail at all, just skin. She was asking me about gel toes and if I could do something about the 'one without'. I said to her to leave it with me and I would come here and ask you lot. I have not problem doing gel toes as I have done mine a few times. I have had to build up my own big toe nails as I struggle with the growth of them since my foot operations. But I have always got a little bit of existing nail whereas she has nothing. Can/How I do something for her please?
Thanks me darlings!!!!:lol:

Thanks for that. I have read through it all and it seems that the client still had a bit of nail, whereas mine has no nail at all. So I am wondering if I can still help her as I have nothing to fix to?

Applying product directly to the skin is an overexposure, and i wouldnt reccommend it at all, however, you could always contact your nearest tutor to confirm this? I would advise a doctors note aswell. And if still... she is 100% sure she wants it on, then get her to sign a form of somesort to protect yourself from any comeback (just something saying you have advised the client not to have the treatment, and she still wants it ect...)

People can turn if they have a reaction to a product, even if they are your best friend!! I know its a very long, drawn out procedure, but your client should understand you only have her best interest and healt at heart!! Afterall, if you explain the risks to her then she may change her mind?

Good luck, and just remember, dont be pushed into doing anything you are unsure about, you will be much more respected for considering her health, and if she wants to go elsewhere, then there really isnt alot you can do, but you will always have piece of mind that you did the right thing! xxx :)

i would place her a toenail made out of l and p, on cleansed and lightly oiled skin, make it to measure, then remove apply gel white paint, the cure with top gloss, then do the rest of her other toes in gel,
then allow her to place the prosthetic toe nail on with nail adhesive as she wants

i do loads of toenail reconstructions, and its so worth it as it makes such a big difference to people

again . . . applying adhesive directly to the skin is another overexposure! x

This may help I am quoting Geeg from another thread

"What you CAN do (and this is fun) is to fashion her a nail from liquid and powder ... on her toe .... that she can wear and re-use for when she has a special event. With GelBond, the nail will adhere to the skin for a couple of days or more and no worries about overexposure because GelBond is a pharmaceutical grade of resin made for use on the skin.

She can apply it herself whenever she wants to. In fact you could make several nails with different designs for her so she can ring the changes!!

I have done this with a client who had no big toe nail and ahe loved it and was a regular purchaser of GelBond!"

I knew i'd seen this somewhere

Ah ... no it really is not ... not more so than any other substance. EC pharmaceutical grade nail adhesive (which all CND adhesives are) is manufactured to be used on the skin hence why Dr's, hospitals and dentists use it constantly in their work.

I made a toe nail for a mate who had no nail at all, I used L&P and applied it stright onto the skin, she didnt want me to oil it and loosen it to come off, it lasted 3 weeks.

orry then guys! this is what i was told at creative because i had the same proplem with a clients finger been 'nail less'. Apologies if i was wrong, this is just what i have been taught at CND. That applying adhesives and product directly onto the skin is an over exposure!

orry then guys! this is what i was told at creative because i had the same proplem with a clients finger been 'nail less'. Apologies if i was wrong, this is just what i have been taught at CND. That applying adhesives and product directly onto the skin is an over exposure!

An over exposure risk. Not over exposure and Product yes ... adhesive no. CND do not teach that you can never get adhesive on the skin. Putting product directly onto the skin repeatedly could cause an overexposure RISK. For a one off event or occasionally if there are no side effects then I would do it with the client's permission.

I bought some Gel bond today as i have been reading the posts about bitten nails...
Can someone clear it up for me..

Can i use gel bond to stick regular white tips on?... Or is it just to "fill in" gaps in nail beds etc?...

Also can i use this gel bond to fill behind the nail where it some times parts from the sidewalls at free edge?... I now know what causes this but some of my clients, including me :(.. pick out the natural nail under the enchancement as it becomes loose...?
Thanks
Mel

if she has no nail at all ther will be nothing for the gel or acrylic to stick too if you were to just put the acrylic on the toe(im suggestings acrylic because you have more ability to form a nail wth it) the new nail wont last very long as it has no nail and its only sticking to skin infact i wouldnt be suprised if it came off during the filing and buffing! xx:irked:xx hope that "helped"

if she has no nail at all ther will be nothing for the gel or acrylic to stick too if you were to just put the acrylic on the toe(im suggestings acrylic because you have more ability to form a nail wth it) the new nail wont last very long as it has no nail and its only sticking to skin infact i wouldnt be suprised if it came off during the filing and buffing! xx:irked:xx hope that "helped"

Well if you use CND Retention+ monomer it will stick to the dry skin for quite some time. It sure won't come off when buffing. :lol:

CND bonds differently than other acrylic monomers .. one reason why it is so loved and so good and so popular.

wow i think thats great that you could make someone a prosthetic toe nail! I looked at ambers link but she used gel etc and did it onto some remaining toenail, id love to know how it could be done with liquid and powder?? How would you make a prosthetic toe nail....? would you create it directly onto the toe or could you say...fit a form on the toe...create the nail etc so it can be attatched when needed?

Thanks guys!!
At least now I know I can phone her and explain some options. The wedding isn't until the end of the month, so I will suggest to her to come in and have a trial run as I haven't done this before.
Thanks again
xxx

First fo all....Why they took off all of the nail plate????? for an in grown corner?? So she can start to growthem...it takes ages...

I have made myself a toenail, after an incident I had with a bed base :irked:
I sculpted mine onto a form curved to the c curve of my "nail plate"
I have put a longer explaination of how I did it somewhere I will see if I can find it.
Heres my before and after pics .
STA40719.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

I hate how fat my toes look in this pic lol...they look HUGE ! :D

I have made myself a toenail, after an incident I had with a bed base :irked:
I sculpted mine onto a form curved to the c curve of my "nail plate"
I have put a longer explaination of how I did it somewhere I will see if I can find it.
Heres my before and after pics .
STA40719.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

I hate how fat my toes look in this pic lol...they look HUGE ! :D

wow thats fantastic emmsy...i dont know why i need to know this...but which toe is it? lol it looks great youd never know it was a falsey!

its my second toe..the one next to the big one,
I promise it doesnt look this ugly in real life lmao...
I broke it, and my whole nail came off it was discusting (I am sure some geeks remember when it happened eeughh )

Latest posts

Back