Making up an old clients who's passed away

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other thing I was wondering about is the smell and weather she could have a squirt of her fave perfume . She'll be laughing at me getting this worked up she'll be saying your mad just plonk abit if slap on it'l be alright!

The other thing I was wondering about is the smell and weather she could have a squirt of her fave perfume . She'll be laughing at me getting this worked up she'll be saying your mad just plonk abit if slap on it'l be alright!

Oh bless, you are doing a lovely deed. I'd ask the family re the perfume. They probably wouldn't have even thought of it. I'm sure she'd love what you are doing for her. You are an earth angel to do this. Many people do wonderful deeds for others and they are angels in my eyes. I do have this thing about angels.

OMG! That would freak me right out, im scared of stuff like that but good on you for doing this last thing for the lady. Im sure she would of wanted you to do it for her... xxx

OMG! That would freak me right out, im scared of stuff like that but good on you for doing this last thing for the lady. Im sure she would of wanted you to do it for her... xxx

Why would you be scared? She's dead not a zombie?!! If she was lovely alive I'm sure she'll be lovely dead!

My Gran used to say as we walked through the graveyard after church bingo in the dark, if they didn't hurt you when they were alive why would they hurt you when they're dead?!!:biggrin:

Hi thanks yes it does help. Will the nails already of been cut ? So I just put the colour on? Will she be floppy or stiff? I just don't want a shock . Will the foundation go on ok? I knew her well so I know how she wore her makeup . When you say powder her hands do you mean add abut of colour? Thanks everyone! Yes I will let you know how it goes x

myself and my sisters painted my mums nails whilst she was in her coffin,her hands were floppy,hope that helps.
by the way it is a lovely thing you are doing :)

Thanks love that does help ;-)

I painted my nans nails whilst she was in her coffin and her fingers were not too stiff, I didnt file the nails though, I just applied her favourite colour x

Blimmy 450!! I'm doing it for free!

Blimmy 450!! I'm doing it for free!

I nearly choked at that price....not sure I'd pay that much...but it could be a niche market you could look at doing if you are comfortable with it.

I would use a lilac concealer underneath her foundation to help brighten the complexion.

I think it's a lovely thing you are doing not only for your friend but for her family. It's so nice to read someone doing something for the goodness of others :)

If you haven't seen a dead body before it can be a bit dauntiing. Apperance wise there will be a bluish tinge and the nails will also have this ( My Grandad passed away in December and I remember that about when he passed away) I think some one mentioned trying to find a color correction primer?? Maybe try and google it?
xxx

You a true,good friend:Grope:

Hi all well I'll tell you all how it went I've literally just finished doing her now. I was shaking like mad before I went in but after a couple of mins and the initial shock had worn off I was fine. She looked completely different it just wasn't her when I walked in her hair was swept to the side and they had put brown nail varnish on her well she would never of had that! So I got to work with the fountain she had a bit of colour the lady said Shen they get embalmed that puts abit of colour back in the foundation went on fine apart from the forehead that was very very dry I put eyeshadow and mascara on and a very soft peachy blush and a Chanel lipless she would be very impressed with that!! Her hands were so floppy it too two of us to do them just one coat of her gave bright pink!! The funny thing was we had to hold each hand on the air till they'd dried so it wouldn't smudge on her outfit!! Her hair was vet limp obviously not much I could do I curled her fringe and made it a bob how it normally is. The upsetting thing was you could see a bit of glue where her lips were glued together so the gloss didn't go on smooth and you could see where her tear ducts had been removed I'm not sure if her feet were in there but I looked like she didn't have any ! Anyway I've done it now and I'm glad I did burst into tears now with relief! Thanks fir all your nice messages it got me through it xxxxxx

Sorry spelling was a bit rubbish in that just had to type on I phone quickly x

Well done for doing something amazing as a final farewell . Not sure I could do it but saying that I wouldn't know for definite unless I am asked if it was a close friend or relative I might do it I just don't know ...

Absolutely well done, you are truly a lovely person. x

I have read this thread all the way through and just wanted to send you a big hug! It must have been very difficult for you, but what a lovely gift to her. I'm sure she would of been thrilled to know you were the person making her look fantastic.

Go have a whiskey!!!

A truly good deed.

Sarah X

Well done, it seems that you did a fantastic job. I'm sure we're all very proud of you for handling it so well. As a previous poster said get yourself a drink!! xx

You've done a lovely deed and she would have been so pleased it was you doing it for her. Big hugs xxx

Latest posts

Back