Male brow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
Right my partner is mans man, bold head,tattoos etc but he has BIG brows, I keep saying I will wax them but if I'm honest I worried I will make them too girlie. Any tips please ?

Just be carefull!
Remember less is more.
Just tidy and tame them, don't shape them. Let him keep looking like a man and not a drag queen!
No high arches!!!

Some men like to have them shaped, you can shape without looking too effeminate.
I would take any hair that's growing in places it shouldn't be. Then shape very subtlety. Then get scissors and cut off any curly or unruly hairs.

You can give him a mirror throughout the treatment so he can keep check if he's worried lol.

Men's brows can be quite stubborn so make sure you get a good adhesion with wax strip and wax on hair. Nice firm rub. You may need to do some tweezering. Of course you may use non strip instead.

I have several male clients. Some like arches some dont,it's all down to the individual.

Less is definitely more. Don't make the ends too thin or he will look a effeminate. Have a look on YouTube. Kim Lawless did a demo at Pro Beauty a couple of years back.

I agree with what the others have said...
I prefer to use non strip wax and I can control the wax more and get see what im doing.
I did my brow training with Kim and learnt to wax and shape a range of male brows to suit clients from the burly builders to the drag queen!!..lol..

Most of my clients prefer a tidy up on the monobrow without too much definition!!
Just take your time with him and he will be fine

I lipped my brows dan to a grade 1 or they look too Dennis Healey and then get them waxed.

Best training for brows I had was a YouTube video by Lori Nestore (The Wax Queen in the USA) called 5 lines of brow waxing or something similar. Each and every brow can be waxed with five lines of wax. Also you cannot change the shape of a brow ... They are always the perfect shape for that person.

Also as a good friend said they should be brothers (for men) or sisters (for girls) and not twins. The face is not symmetrical and therefore brows shouldn't be because the will look wrong.

I lipped my brows dan to a grade 1 or they look too Dennis Healey and then get them waxed.

Best training for brows I had was a YouTube video by Lori Nestore (The Wax Queen in the USA) called 5 lines of brow waxing or something similar. Each and every brow can be waxed with five lines of wax. Also you cannot change the shape of a brow ... They are always the perfect shape for that person.

Also as a good friend said they should be brothers (for men) or sisters (for girls) and not twins. The face is not symmetrical and therefore brows shouldn't be because the will look wrong.
Im not sure what you mean, but I can change the shape of a brow and have done for a few clients.

Thanks for your replies. I don't wax make clients so this is just for my partners pleasure!!??lol I will post a before and after pic when done x

Yes, but we don't want to them to look like distant relatives do we Fozzyo :) . Sorry to correct you but you can indeed change the shape of any brow and if you didn't, it would just simply be a brow tidy. A brow tidy is maintenance once you have shaped the brow.

Have a look at my Mens Brow demo. Hope this helps a little.

Kim Lawless at Professional Beauty - Part 1 - YouTube

Last edited:
Im not sure what you mean, but I can change the shape of a brow and have done for a few clients.

I think Mat means the brow line, ie the eyebrow sits around the eye socket. This is the natural shape a brow will take - if you try to take the eyebrow away from this natural line its going to look wrong. Shaping can be done but you cant change the way someones face is made ;-)

There are so many different types & styles of eyebrow waxing & many great tutorials from many fabulous educators using many different types of wax. Theyre all relevant & useful to watch for ideas.

Jmho!

You can't make a straight brow arched, and you can't make an arched one straight. Nature designed peoples faces with the perfect brows to match their face ... despite what their owners may think.

Here you go, found the link to the video.

5 Line Eyebrow System.mp4 - YouTube

This actually comes from a post someone made on Lori's forum and she then interpreted into this video.

Usually, just giving them a trim can make a huge difference. Try a trim first and then you can usually see where you need to wax.
A tidy above the brows is a good place to start :)

Yes, but we don't want to them to look like distant relatives do we Fozzyo

lol Kim your funny :D

xx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

be very very very careful...

on my hubby all i do is get rid of the one brow and make 2, just get rid of the hairs from the hair line to the brow at the end would love to go underneath but he has said no.
i have asked him if i could make them look like drag queen eyebrows as i think they would look brill but one guess what he said hehehe

When shaping a mans brow, always leave random hairs so that he doesn't end up looking like Pricilla Queen of the Desert. Keep them angular.

In response to a couple of comments above. No you can't change the shape of someones face, but you can give the illusion of changing someone's face by changing the brow shape. You can create an arch; trust me! I'm your arch enemy:)

There is a big difference between just tidying someone's brows and brow design.

Obviously you have to work with what you have but that doesn't mean you can't change the shape.
A tint and a shape can make all the difference.
I will post a pic below.
As you can see, she has quite shapeless straight brows before whereas after she has a well defined arch. Completely changed her brow shape!

Attachments

• hd brow before.jpg
    hd brow before.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 333
  • hd brow after.jpg
    hd brow after.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 214
I think Mat means the brow line, ie the eyebrow sits around the eye socket. This is the natural shape a brow will take - if you try to take the eyebrow away from this natural line its going to look wrong. Shaping can be done but you cant change the way someones face is made ;-)

There are so many different types & styles of eyebrow waxing & many great tutorials from many fabulous educators using many different types of wax. Theyre all relevant & useful to watch for ideas.

Jmho!
Sara, Thanks for that, I totally agree..
Had not realised this was you, hope all well with you, catch up soon and good luck with the training x

Obviously you have to work with what you have but that doesn't mean you can't change the shape.
A tint and a shape can make all the difference.
I will post a pic below.
As you can see, she has quite shapeless straight brows before whereas after she has a well defined arch. Completely changed her brow shape!

Love this Angelina! What a difference x

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back