Male requesting groin massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be much more concerned about the salon washing sheets / towels after each client rather them what the previous client was / wasn't wearing.

I agree with the worry about salons not washing towels after every client.

I know there are still some hairdressing salons that just re-use towels between clients or leave them to dry out overnight and only wash tint towels more frequently.

To me, it's like seeing a hair in your food in a restaurant. It would completely put me off eating there. I can't bear poor hygiene practices.

I find the no pants under the duvet highly inappropriate!

Why?

I've walked out of a spa who insisted I wear hideous uncomfortable paper pants for a massage and facial.

If its under the duvet I dont see the issue if it helps him relax and my fella sleeps naked too hates pjs! Only problem I can see if there was a accident and all was revealed. Be kinda weird for the therapist!

There is a huge difference between going commando and behaving / doing something inappropriate.

Why?

I've walked out of a spa who insisted I wear hideous uncomfortable paper pants for a massage and facial.

Why do you feel the need to take your pants off at a facial to feel relaxed
I would understand for the glute massage but seriously!!!

I think there is an unwritten code of etiquette that should be adhered to ( especially around the opposite sex) and being naked for a treatment that does not require you to be naked is just plain weird in my opinion

Don't think id like my lash clients turning up and taking their clothes off whilst they snuggle under my blanket !

If a salon has that ettiquette as apology that makes it clear before booking fine, I'll go somewhere else.

At no time am I naked / exposed in the presence of any other person.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't put up with that. I'd feel extremely uncomfortable. I wouldn't massage a male client wearing no pants either. I do work right up the leg and I'd be terrified I touched the wrong thing.

As long as your spa / salon ettiquette is made clear on your website / treatment any then this isn't a problem.

The point is that you need to establish your boundaries and ensure your clients and prospective clients are fully aware of them to avoid any embarrassment.

Why is that such a shock? I sleep at home naked, i find it so much easier to relax and am more comfortable.

The usual salon / spas I visit use a duvet for facial clients to snuggle under. I certainly wouldn't wear trousers or socks under it, so why bother with pants? I want to relax and ideally fall asleep so like to be as comfortable as possible.

With all due respect, what you do at home isn't necessarily what you do in a salon/treatment room with a female attending you. You may be comfy, but would she? What would you do if she asked you to cover up?

I would certainly not do a facial for a man who wanted to be naked. In fact, my male clients for facials only remove their shirts. Not a single one of them ever asked to remove their jeans/pants.

I'd be much more concerned about the salon washing sheets / towels after each client rather them what the previous client was / wasn't wearing.

Is the duvet duck down or fibre?:twisted:

Oh I only take my clothes for natural duvets hehee :)

I have no problem with anyone being naked.I prefer it with massage instead of working around underwear.A lot of therapists do intimate waxing now and are actually handling everyone's bits and pieces so I think we have all moved into a different era.
What I don't like is flashing,don't stand in front of me and drop your towel no need for it male or female keep your modesty like I have done with you with towel positioning.
Don't wriggle about or grind,don't moan sexually or talk to me in an inappropriate manner and most definately don't think because I'm touching you you can touch me.
What I have discovered over the years is that unless someone is a masochist pushing down quite hard on their archiles tendon seems to put a stop to any wriggling.

I think a lot of it depends on your place of work. When I worked in a busy spa with loads of staff and panic alarms in the rooms I didn't bother if a guy was naked for his massage, I made sure the covers never let anything pop out! But now I'm self employed, just me in a treatment room there's no way I'd allow this. Got to do what you're comfortable with.
But a groin massage is definitely outwith my comfort zone so I'd refer them to a sports massage therapist. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think most men or for that matter a women would actually be very uncomfortable if a therapist started to massage their groin without it being part of say an agreed sports massage.I would have no problem saying no I don't do that.Who does unless its an agreement because of a sports injury.

I think most therapist who do massage have come across this kind of thing. I got a withold number on my mobile once with someone asking for 'male relief massage'!!! I just laughed at him and then hung up!
I really think though these kinds of chancers target newly qualified therapists who haven't quite got their "F*** RIGHT OFF" patter down!

Noooooo. I wouldn't feel happy snuggling under a duvet knowing the previous occupant had taken his pants off. :eek:

Just Nooooooo. :irked:

Noooo way! Gross & unhygienic:-/

There is a huge difference between going commando and behaving / doing something inappropriate.

I have the personal view that if you have to remove your underwear to get comfortable then you need to get new underwear!! 😂

Joking aside, you're completely right, there IS a huge difference between comfort and being inappropriate/suggestive/a creep etc etc and taking your underwear off prior to a treatment (and ensuring you aren't accidentally exposed by covering yourself sufficiently) isn't immediately 'weird'.

Latest posts

Back