Male Waxing - working on your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Rose

Reaction score
I absolutely love waxing and feel that I am very good at it. I have a good female client base and am desperate to venture into the male market. Unfortunately the shop where I rented a room has now closed down, and although I have been attempting to buy it, it has not proven successful so am at present working from a room in my house. My husband is adament that I cannot work on my own for male waxing, and they are not to come into my house which is fine. However my question is I really want to train in male waxing and am wondering if there are many people who work "on there own" doing this waxing, ie a room in there house. I am literally holding out booking in my training (yes Kim it is with you lol) until I can figure out where to do this waxing.

I work from home waxing guys and girls and love it! Never had any problems and will find that by working from a private practice is preferred by a lot of clients!

Mat

I work from home waxing guys and girls and love it! Never had any problems and will find that by working from a private practice is preferred by a lot of clients!

Mat

Same for me. I would say 80% of my clients at the moment are male clients and it works perfectly for me working from home. However, my husband is fully supportive of what I do and I think you would need to reasure your husband and get him fully 'onside' before commencing with male waxing or it could lead to conflict within your marriage.

I love male clients :D

It really doesn't matter where you wax from. As I always say.....they're the one laying there naked and you're the one with the hot wax. lol

As long as you're good.....it doesn't matter. xxx

Thanks guys, I will tell my husband all that information, as he is really unsure. I've spray tanned plenty of men on a mobile basis and have never had a problem. And Kim your right... I can definately do more damage than they good with the hot wax in my hand lol. It just gets me so cross that there is a minority of 'bad' people and that makes it difficult for all the 'good' people.

I think I'm going to have to look at renting a room again just so I can get this underway. xx

I have never had a problem with a male client.
Female clients, yes. Male clients? Good as gold.

I wax lots of men in my home based salon. No worries at all.
Women - often sadly lacking on the personal hygiene front.
Men - sweeties, often just grateful that you're not sniggering at them when they've got their bum in the air.

I wax lots of men in my home based salon. No worries at all.
Women - often sadly lacking on the personal hygiene front.

Your right on that one.

Latest posts

Back