Mary Kate cosmetics (hope I got the name right)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this American company?Apparently it is like Virgin etc where you become consultants. Do you think these kind of things are good?
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe you are talking about Mary Kay. This is a "Network Marketing" style firm, much like Virgin Vie at Home, Avon, Bodyshop At Home, Forever Living Products etc. There are several such firms around with varying product ranges.

The products can vary greatly between companies, and different companies have different priorities. There are many good stories, and many bad stories to be heard.

Personally (I'm a Forever Living Distributor) I think if you approach these companies with a realistic understanding of what is involved depending on what you want to get out of it they can be very rewarding. I have a great range of products that I can retail to my clients now - my product sales are tiny so don't want to invest in any particular "range" and this fills a nice hole for me.

Mat

As an ex Forever Living Products rep, I can recomend them. As already said, you have to be realistic about what you want out of net work marketing companies, they are hard work, but this is one that has a lovely product range, the backing you get from the company is very good and when you are looking at any net work marketing company you won't go wrong if you use this company as your bench mark to see what you should get from net work marketing.
I don't know if they still do, but FLP used to do a make up range, very good quality.

I don't know about in the UK, but in Australia Mary Kay is more for Ladies who want to be Beauty Therapists but don't have a certificate or diploma.
This is of course very annoying for those of us who put a lot of hard work, effort and money into studying the skin and body. I wouldn't recommend these products if you want to set up a professional skin salon.:)

As an ex Forever Living Products rep, I can recomend them. As already said, you have to be realistic about what you want out of net work marketing companies, they are hard work, but this is one that has a lovely product range, the backing you get from the company is very good and when you are looking at any net work marketing company you won't go wrong if you use this company as your bench mark to see what you should get from net work marketing.
I don't know if they still do, but FLP used to do a make up range, very good quality.

Yes they do - and have to say agree with you, its fantastic quality!

Mat

The only downside to FLP's makeup is that they don't do "fashion" colours. Otherwise, yes, it's not bad at all!

I used to used Mary Kay when I was mobile. The products are ok - I found they were aimed at the older age bracket.
One thing i did find was, that they were very pushy and wanted me to organise parties and the like,when I just wanted it for my skincare and retail.
HTH
xx

I got the impression they were very pushy too, I worked for the body shop at home for 3 yrs but enquired about Mary Kay and the lady i spoke to rang every day for about 2 weeks trying to get me to sign up...even after i told her that i was no longer interested:(
xx

Latest posts

Back