Massage Tutorial???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
I only did either very short, or simple massages in school and am now being booked with clients for 30min and 60min massages!! EEK!

We have no intructions at work and my coworker just tells me to "wing it"
I elaborate on the 10-20min massages I learned in school and clients are happy, but I want to give them the best massages I am capable of.

Can anyone email me/or give me a link to massage intructions which include pictures if possible?

1. Full body
2. Hands + Feet
3. Back

Thanks guys!!! email: [email protected]

Blimey you have a hard time where you work i think id get another job.
Really you could obviously do with more training its difficult to explain massage techniques just in writing and not sure whether it would really be of any benefit to you.
Best advise i can give apart from more training, is to go and have a few massages yourself ,especially where you work if they will let you have them and then they can bring on your technique surely they want you to be able to treat the clients in the best way possible,can't believe you were told to just wing it.

I would say the same as Gillian, if you can't go for more training, get your co-workers to 'wing' a massage for you to show you what they expect.

You could also invest in some instructional dvd's and or some books on body massage.

When I trained in my VTCT Body massage we had to do a full body in 60 mins, which included feet, hands and back. A back massage is normally a 30 min treatment. Which massage treatment did they teach you at college? I think you have been short changed if they only showed you a 10 or 20 min massage.

Best of luck.

will try and sort something out for you.

are you in Richmond near Harrogate? or is this in USA?

If you are in UK, I only live in Durham, I would be happy for you to come and do some 1-2-1.

I will also be offering training in Ripon by spring.

If you do want to come up to Durham, bring a friend, and I will show you some moves. I would charge you for an hour's back massage but will give you tuition (got rent to pay!)

aw hippy you're so kind!

will try and sort something out for you.

are you in Richmond near Harrogate? or is this in USA?

If you are in UK, I only live in Durham, I would be happy for you to come and do some 1-2-1.

I will also be offering training in Ripon by spring.

If you do want to come up to Durham, bring a friend, and I will show you some moves. I would charge you for an hour's back massage but will give you tuition (got rent to pay!)

What a lovely offer! :hug:

I have a DVD tutorial that I can try and copy for you if you like. It might not help you now but will for the future.

I'm blushing!!!:o:o

Try Youtube. There's some 'interesting' massage videos, and some which are a bit 'off the wall'.
But they might give you a few moves to incorporate into your routine.

Gillain & Nail FX - I only work with one other girl so we're both so busy that its hard to find free time to do anything let alone a massage *sigh*. lol I know I can't beleive she told me that either. I would get another job but the town I live in is very racist towards white people (the populace, and spas, are mostly asian), and it was hard enough to get this job. I wish I could move :irked:

In college I was taught a 10 min back massage which was incorperated into the back facial, and a 60min hot stone. No back massage, no full body ??

HippyChick - How kind of you, what a thoughtful thing to offer! I live in Richmond, Canada, otherwise I would surely take you up it. Bummer..
I'm sure I will figure something out. I'm a quick learner and dont think it will be a problem to learn from pictures or video. Thank you though!!:hug:

Joe90 - that would be wonderful

Angelaznailz -Good idea, i didnt think of that thank you

thanks for the advice though!!

OK spa kitten will try and copy it for you.

Latest posts

Back