Material Data Safety Sheets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
for those of you that have your own salons, its it right - that you have to have all the msds info at hand

If I am right on this G, if you are using CND, you can refer them to the website, where the information is all on there.

hth :hug:

Where would you get these from? Sorry to interrupt, but I think it would be a good idea for me to have copies.

Where would you get these from? Sorry to interrupt, but I think it would be a good idea for me to have copies.

If you want copies, you could ask your supplier hun, but as I said to Glynis, CND has that information on their website, not sure about other suppliers though. :)

If you want copies, you could ask your supplier hun, but as I said to Glynis, CND has that information on their website, not sure about other suppliers though. :)

My supplier definately doesnt have anything on their website, ill have to ask them when I start purchasing more products, feel a bit cheeky asking when I havent bought anything off them yet.

If I am right on this G, if you are using CND, you can refer them to the website, where the information is all on there.

hth :hug:

yeah i know that flower - just wondered if you had to have them at hand (printed and in a file) - just in case

Don't know for definate but I was told to print them off and keep in the salon when I was renting the room in hairdressers.

Don't know for definate but I was told to print them off and keep in the salon when I was renting the room in hairdressers.

thanks flower - thats what i needed to know

yeah i know that flower - just wondered if you had to have them at hand (printed and in a file) - just in case

Written records are only required if you have 5 or more people employed in the business hunny. This is the requirements of HSE.

:hug:

I was told that we have to have them at hand in the workplace incase of emergency.

What if a client gets a chemical splash in her/his eyes and needs to be taken to hospital? You cannot ask them wait until you print off the MSDS to take along with you. (which is 7-8 pages long per product with CND so would take some time) Also it is good for you to know/ or have at hand the first aid measures/accidental realease measures/ hazard indentification, all this info is needed incase an accident occurs. You will have to act quickly!
I was under the impression (not from CND) that it is the law to have them in your workplace. Someone please correct me if im wrong?? :)

My supplier definately doesnt have anything on their website, ill have to ask them when I start purchasing more products, feel a bit cheeky asking when I havent bought anything off them yet.

If using the CND NZ site there is a link to the msds sheets which takes you to the CND USA site. I've got copies of the CND MSDS. If using Young Nails then I would suggest going to the Young Nails USA site they should have the MSDS on there aswell. Or ring Young Nails and ask for them, they may put them on a cd for you.

If using the CND NZ site there is a link to the msds sheets which takes you to the CND USA site. I've got copies of the CND MSDS. If using Young Nails then I would suggest going to the Young Nails USA site they should have the MSDS on there aswell. Or ring Young Nails and ask for them, they may put them on a cd for you.

Thanks ill have a look on the YN sites and see what I can find :hug:

Even if they are on a website, you really should print them out in case of an emergency (although emergencies are rare)

Hiya.
I have printed msds of all products that I use in the salon that I keep in a metal file box ( the ones that you can get in your loca Argos)
Most of these sheets should be available from your supplier to print off. Things like acetone are generic..meaning acetone should be universal n e way whoever your supplier is.
If you have a fire...apparently its important for a risk assessment to kno whats flammable etc.
hth

And as said above...these sheets have safety measures i.e swallowing, inhallation, spillage on skin etc.
hth

for those of you that have your own salons, its it right - that you have to have all the msds info at hand

Not just for salon owners, if your a mobile tech its best to have them in the boot of your car too. :)

Latest posts

Back