Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, if using over enhancements do we omit the basecoat?
Thanks
Simple answer yes. !!

If you have created a barrier between the natural
Nail already then you have no need for an adhesive
Layer ( which is what the base coat is ) if you were I doing infils over an
Artificial surface I would apply base to the new growth area

Just ensure the artificial surface is rough ( not smooth )
Can even be quite coarse

As a rule gel does not adhere well to smooth surfaces
Unless aided by an adhesive ( base coat )

So if I did a tip and overlay I would still put based over
The natural nail and buffed tip .

It won't harm you to put based on over acrylic
But will save time and ax you suggest is an unnecessary step. :)

Pinks coming later in the week but just bought some new Cuccio Colour nail polishes. . . Megamix has given me a reason to buy polish again :) cannot wait to get mixing ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app
Love it

How much would you charge for mixing with polish? Same as Shellac? :-/ xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app
Gel polish ,power polish ,custom polish , depends how you sell it, I wouldn't
Make if cheaper and if you can extend the life of your existing gel polish service
And stretch them another week I would perhaps charge a little more :)

I would, I'd just treat it like normal gel
Exactly it perform just like a regular soak off gel
Just with a few added benefits wink so you can make it basic straight out of the pot
Or advanced by mixing with glitter pigment and polish

Ive got a question:

what's the difference between this and thermoshield by NSI? I thought thermoshield goes on top of polish and can be cured?

so would the only difference apply if you wanted to use polish as gel on natural nails? Xx
I think thermo shield is a heat activated air dry top coat ( or uv. ) it's about
15 years old so been on the market a long time
And was intended as a super top cost for acrylics
And can be used to seal in regular air dried polish for
Extended wear
As the name suggest with Megamix you mix the
Gel with the polish creating a gel polish which then cures creating an
Overall longer lasting instantly dry effect

Just read through this whole thread! Ordering ASAP!!! Love the idea and with so much good feedback how can I not?!

Those that have ordered....

Did you get bottle or pot? and are you happy with your choice? or do you think you'd prefer the other option? ;)

I can't decide bottle or pot as I can think of pro's and cons for both lol xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Those that have ordered....

Did you get bottle or pot? and are you happy with your choice? or do you think you'd prefer the other option? ;)

I can't decide bottle or pot as I can think of pro's and cons for both lol xxx

I got the pot because I decided it would be easier to scoop it out, the only thing going I found quite hard and it's not a bad reflection on Megamix, is to paint with a gel brush as I'm used to using a Shellac brush, next time I'll use a cleaned up Shellac one. I'd definitely go for the pot again.

Karaxxx

I got the pot because I decided it would be easier to scoop it out, the only thing going I found quite hard and it's not a bad reflection on Megamix, is to paint with a gel brush as I'm used to using a Shellac brush, next time I'll use a cleaned up Shellac one. I'd definitely go for the pot again.

Karaxxx

Thanks Kara :) xxx

I was thinking bottle for ease for measuring quantities. I could do a drop at a time. But I was thinking I'd get more waste in a bottle. At least in the pot I can scoop every last little bit out! Haha.

Anyone else any preference? ;)

Xxxx

I was the same took me ages to decide which to buy, in the end I also went with the pot I'm glad I did I can imagine you'd get a lot of waste with the bottle. I bought a dappen dish and used the little scoop I got in the new paradise additives to scoop and mix (which is so perfect for this!). I used an old shellac base coat brush which I just cleaned up so It was very easy to apply. I used the 50/50 ratio which was perfect I mixed it with OPI liquid sand and I love it I've put a picture below. I'm on day 4 so still early days but its still perfect :) so excited about this product!!!

1620640_10154353075470355_1954775295_n.jpg

I got the bottle and possibly think it may be easier to get the pot, as it's not so easy to control waste ie it doesn't 'drop' as well as I thought. In saying that if you add a layer of just clear for added strength the bottle has a nice brush. I'd probably order the pot next but still have a bottle to hand too.

Haha that's not much help is it!

I used an old shellac brush with polish and MM, but used a gel brush for pigment and MM.

Xx

All ordered! Base, pot and top!!!! Woohoo

Thanks ladies xxx

Gotta love this stuff! Here's my new Cuccio Colour polish mixed 50/50 with MM. The colour pop is polish to give you an idea of the colour match! Not the best set of nails on me, so can't wait to do these on a client!

Attachments

• 1392738070399.jpg
    1392738070399.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 1392738082685.jpg
    1392738082685.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 362
Gotta love this stuff! Here's my new Cuccio Colour polish mixed 50/50 with MM. The colour pop is polish to give you an idea of the colour match! Not the best set of nails on me, so can't wait to do these on a client!

One down loads more to go :)

Lots of debate over pot or bottle :) why not get both
And see for yourself :)

Waiting on a new delivery of pots so if your desperate
To try Megamix get the bottle it's the same great product and
Pots will be back in stock soon :)

Haha I know! Can't wait to do this on clients nails. Will be a lot easier. I tend to faff on myself so I can work quicker on a client. Love this product Martin. Well done and congratulations x

Haha I know! Can't wait to do this on clients nails. Will be a lot easier. I tend to faff on myself so I can work quicker on a client. Love this product Martin. Well done and congratulations x

Thank you :)

Lots of debate over pot or bottle :) why not get both
And see for yourself :)

Waiting on a new delivery of pots so if your desperate
To try Megamix get the bottle it's the same great product and
Pots will be back in stock soon :)

Hi Martin, I'm so excited to try Megamix, I ordered a pot on Sunday....am I going to be waiting long due to the shortage? I can't wait!!!!!

Hi Martin, I'm so excited to try Megamix, I ordered a pot on Sunday....am I going to be waiting long due to the shortage? I can't wait!!!!!
Siorcha all orders have been filled and processed
So your pot is on its way :) just new orders for a day or 2
Will need to choose bottles if they are desperate to try.
Everyone just wanted pots all of a sudden :)
But there are loads more on their way :)

Latest posts

Back