Megamix nails. Create your own gel polish colours with eyeshadows, nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MegaMix mixed with Shimmer Dust for the body, from primark ;)
with shellac faux fur and blackpool animal print

Attachments

• megamix2.jpg
    megamix2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 465
I think I read it way back on this thread, but can someone remind me. I bought the empty bottle, do I put alcohol in it, then just take brush out and wipe before using each time.

Do I leave the brush in the alcohol all the time?

Only used mega mix a couple of times so far, but loving it!

5aru3e7u.jpg

This was done on a client with electric orange Vinylux (don't have it in shellac)

bygu7a8e.jpg

This was the first one I did on myself. It's tango passion and cream puff Vinylux and then additives over my ring finger. I did them over 2 weeks ago. I've changed the tango passion since (got bored) but my ring finger on both hands still going strong.

Haven't been able to buy a new shellac cream puff yet (my old one is a bit thick) so thinking I may just use my Vinylux mixed with Megamix for any French polishes until I get round to using a new one.

Only used mega mix a couple of times so far, but loving it!

5aru3e7u.jpg

This was done on a client with electric orange Vinylux (don't have it in shellac)

bygu7a8e.jpg

This was the first one I did on myself. It's tango passion and cream puff Vinylux and then additives over my ring finger. I did them over 2 weeks ago. I've changed the tango passion since (got bored) but my ring finger on both hands still going strong.

Haven't been able to buy a new shellac cream puff yet (my old one is a bit thick) so thinking I may just use my Vinylux mixed with Megamix for any French polishes until I get round to using a new one.
try thinning down your shellac cream puff with megamix ( that may work ) worth a try :)

I think I read it way back on this thread, but can someone remind me. I bought the empty bottle, do I put alcohol in it, then just take brush out and wipe before using each time.

Do I leave the brush in the alcohol all the time?
thats the plan so the brush does not go hard :)

I've just read through a good chunk of this thread and this seems a good product. Roughly how many sets can you get out of one bottle? Thanks
I have not calculated but I'm sure you will get at least 20 sets it depends on nail length and if you apply thick or thin and what you mix it with etc. I'm surrounded by gel so when one finishes i just open another !
:)

I have a client I do a "French" Gelish for every three weeks. Last time I used Megamix over the white instead of Simple Sheer. She likes it to look natural. Not one nail had chipped. This is the first time ever. She said she was really impressed with how long they'd lasted. So I did it again today. :D
I was scared when you started talking french ! beause in my experience it can be such a nightmare with yellowing or white chipping or creasing when cured ( with all of the products available on the market that i have tried)

I think we are all in search of the perfect french.

But looks like you found it.

so glad it is working for you and that your client loves it :)

:) :) :)

but someone wanted to see a pic of my megamix nails with the glitter will try and put one on now

Ok not sure if I'm doing it right fingers crossedImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395426635.495157.jpg

Beautiful! What glitter did you use and did u use abase colour? X

Just mixed a few glitters together fine and chunky silver holographic used amaze base megamix mixed glitter in with it and then amaze glaze top coat

My Megamix arrived today!!! Just in time to try out my pretty pastel Barry M's!! Excited!

I think Megamix will be the perfect solution if you want a pale pink or lilac and your current gel polish brand *cough* Gelish *cough* fades. :D

That was my thinking too. I'm desperate for a lilac! But the Gelish one's are a bit 'pink'. So my new Barry M will be my first Megamix combo! So excited to try this tomorrow!

Hi all - i've been following this thread with great interest :)

I'm looking for a standard LED lamp that will work well with this, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

Guys how long of a wear are yous roughly getting from megamix when used with a standard nail varnish?

Shellac just doesnt last on me and want to try this instead.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395600454.462751.jpg

My megamix nails using an OPI polish and konad stamping. 4 days in so nothing to race about just yet but they feel SO strong.

I was a nail biter for many years and have really weak nails and this has just made them hard as rocks even compared to normal gel polish.
Excited about the possibilities with colours now too!

Xx

Aww just spoke to Martin on the phone - what a lovely man!! Just wanted to mention this! Nice to put a voice behind MegaMix!! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back