Men requesting naked spray tans....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

today had me first man in for spray tan and he wanted it naked lol

am i outdated in not wanting to spray him naked? does everyone else do this?

i said i couldnt - blamed health and safety - offered him two options - buy a bottle of home tan off me or go and buy a pair of panties...

he went and bought some panties lol a real tight wee pair and then wanted his bum done... think he was determined to get them off, i got him to roll them down at top and up at bottom if ya get me and sprayed his bum.

but now im wondering does everyone else do naked requests?

clare

Maybe you could insist that your boyfriend/fiance/husband is present during any naked male spray tans, just to make sure that the client behaves himself?

I do naked tans-male and female. I am salon based though and i do have a buzzer in my room. Never had any problems but you need to feel comfortable doing it.

Work within your own comfort zone. If you don't want to do naked, don't do it!

Personally, I have tanned men naked :lol:

But I need some amusement in my working life!

If it helps, then I know that both Angelina and Zo Zo also do male intimate waxing - so I guess tanning someone naked is a lot less "hands on" than intimate waxing... so, like Zo Zo said, it all depends on what you're comfortable with...

Ok will think it over to see what Im comfortable with,

Ive had a bit of a time with men trying to kiss me (he was 75+), leering and asking pervy questions that im prob a bit cautious now lol

i did clearly tell him - wear pants or shorts and he still came without any!

ah lord but the whole situation did give me bit of a laugh, we all need that

Yes... Ruth is right... if you wax naked males then that's a good indication you are comfortable with the idea generally.

It is kind of different though with the tan though, hard to explain, but the guy is standing up, and when you get down to spray the thighs and calves, well I am sure you can imagine.... "it" is quite close to your face. I don't find it scary, but it can make me want to giggle. It's hard to explain. But I do have that kind of relationship with male clients... you have to laugh(!)... otherwise it's TENSE.

Ive had a bit of a time with men trying to kiss me (he was 75+), leering and asking pervy questions that im prob a bit cautious now lol

Hopefully this old geezer is a one-off. Well I can almost guarantee you, the majority of male clients will be absolutely fine... well-behaved...great clients... grateful even! There's always one though :eek:

well looking at your pic not surprised he wanted to take them off lol You are very pretty! Its all about what you are comfortable with tho only do what you feel is right for you. It wouldnt bother me but then again I am much older lol

Yes... Ruth is right... if you wax naked males then that's a good indication you are comfortable with the idea generally.

It is kind of different though with the tan though, hard to explain, but the guy is standing up, and when you get down to spray the thighs and calves, well I am sure you can imagine.... "it" is quite close to your face. I don't find it scary, but it can make me want to giggle. It's hard to explain. But I do have that kind of relationship with male clients... you have to laugh(!)... otherwise it's TENSE.

I see naked mens bodies on a daily basis while intimate waxing and am very comfortable with this. I also do spray tanning and have often sprayed men naked without any problem either. But I do have to say a few weeks ago I did a full body wax on a guy and he was booked in the following day for a spray tan. I said to him to remember to bring tanning briefs if he wanted to wear them and he opted for a naked spray.. saying that I had seen everything anyway. Ok, no problem I thought. The following day I proceeded to spray this man starting with his back like I do with all clients.. moving down to their legs.. where I always kneel to get a good angle to spray all the way down. When I asked this chap to turn around I almost got smacked in the face :eek: and I literally had to lean back lol!!! It made me feel a little nervous for some reason. Maybe I felt I was in a compromised position ... I dunno but it just didnt seem normal to before. Maybe if he wasn't so 'well endowed' ... it just took me by surprise... but I carried on and all was well... he must have really been 'enjoying' the tanning experience. LOL!!!

The guy was lovely by the way... I would spray him again without question... just make sure I was further back hehe!!! Talk about being smacked in the head with a kipper lol!!!! :eek::eek:

But to be real... only do what you feel comfortable with.. it works for me. :lol:

oh Jen me laffin! so u wud advise i stand well back in future lol i dunno this guy kept smilin into my face - felt a bit strange like he was watching too intently like to see how i reacted.

my fear is that if i do start doing naked men then ill start to attract all the pervs of the country!

ohhh the dilemas lol i do different bits and pieces for men and on the whole what i find is if a woman books if for them = no bother, if they book themselves = likely iffy,

but saying that im really happy to be getting the business

oh and cabby - thanks for compliment but i do total plain jane at work so dont think that affected things

Last edited:
I personally don't like doing services where the client is exposed, however if you do have a safety precautions or protocol in your services. You don't need a client to spread rumors that you were inappropriate. :eek:

I dont do male naked tans, we have a constant stream of calls to our salon asking for 'extras' with male massage so we have made this rule as a clear message to all.

I will do g string though, as long as the gents front area is covered then that is fine with me.

We also dont take male appointments if there is only one member of staff in.

Each to their own i supppose.

sorry for going off subject.....but you say you had to get him to go buy some pants....was he not wearing any in the first place?????? commando?????

I personally don't like doing services where the client is exposed, however if you do have a safety precautions or protocol in your services. You don't need a client to spread rumors that you were inappropriate. :eek:

I have always advocated treatments for men. Very very occasionally a male client has been inappropriate. I cannot imagine a male client suggesting the therapist had been inappropriate! In their dreams....

Personally, I think, and has been shown on numerous occasions in threads, that it is only really those of us who do treat men that understand it. If people don't like it, don't think we should do it, want to be judgemental... well whose problem is that?

Last edited:
I dont do male naked tans, we have a constant stream of calls to our salon asking for 'extras' with male massage so we have made this rule as a clear message to all.

I will do g string though, as long as the gents front area is covered then that is fine with me.

We also dont take male appointments if there is only one member of staff in.

Each to their own i supppose.

I would say 30% of my clients are men. I've never had any problems when they've been in the salon. I've had the odd pervy call. The majority of these calls are about massage. I've also had a couple of pervy calls about intimate male waxing. These calls are extremely rare and it's usually men trying to get a reaction. These men never book treatments though, they just 'get off' on talking dirty on the phone, so you just put the phone down.
No-one has ever tried anything with me once they are in the salon. Is there something wrong with me?? :lol::lol:
I am comfortable doing treatments though and i think if you're not, then this will show.
If you don't want to do the treatments then don't, they can go somewhere else.
Send them to me, i'll take their money and talk them into having other treatments!

lol thats a bit of a strange situation, i have no idea how i would have handled that!

I have a loyal but small male client base for massage. which is great and they are all just perfect gents, but unfortunately I have had a few being a bit of a handful shall we say? and they havent come back once they have suffered my withering evil stare .lol.

I dont know why but we do get calls, we are firm and cut the conversation short and dont even them chance to the better of us but it is a pain AND I have even had a few come on the salon and ask me to my face !!!!!!!

Ill give them your number angelina ........lol no i wont i promise.

yes each to their own definately. Its what you feel comfy with isnt it?

tigi

yeh i think thats what ill pick up from this - is go with what im comfortable with - i think instinct and following gut reaction is important isn't it?

kim - thats the funny bit - i clearly told him to wear pants or shorts, i emphasised it, and he still came naked lol (well commando i should say)- i had a female tanner before who forgot to put on panties, as you do, lol but to wantinly not wear any..... lol the mind boggles.

but thanks everyone for your advice and support - much appreciated its great to be able to discuss these experiences with other professionals!

Latest posts

Back