Men.....!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeidiWorman

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that I am getting more work from men for permanent make up (mainly brows) some because they just don't seem to have any (are the days now numbered for men with a mono / Dennis Healy brow as they get older and have perhaps over plucked) and some because they just want them darker. Are men finally accepting that they need to do more than just throw a bit of aftershave around?!.... yes without a doubt! I know men are getting more and more into beauty treatments (the other half regularly has his brows shaped and lashes tinted by me). The male client I did today regularly used to use a brow pencil as he did not have any hair at all, he now has a lovely set of hair stroke brows. Think I may have created a monster as he put on his leather biker jacket and compared himself to the Fonze, I apologise to single female population! Perhaps this is a sign of things to come not only male beauty products but perhaps a range of male make up is on the way.

And about time too.:) What I love about male clients is that they do exactly what you tell them to do regards aftercare etc. xxx

they definately are NOT doing that around here lol - I can NOT wait until they do though! :) That is awesome!

(the other half regularly has his brows shaped and lashes tinted by me

Oh cool, how dark does he go with his lashes when you do them? I always get mine done jet black when I have them done; I'm a transvestite but nobody seems to notice me having black eyelashes when I'm dressed in male mode...

Ruth

they definately are NOT doing that around here lol - I can NOT wait until they do though! :) That is awesome!

They are not round here either :)

Just a little update on this......

Saturday, there was another guy.. almost the same as before, but slightly thinner brows with a scar running through one of them.

It really is a good thing, and looks as though they are wanting some nice facial improvement features.

Guys need to know its not a bad thing....and don't be shy.

Heidi X

I agree about following instructions, they always do exactly as asked! xx

male treatments are expanding at a huge rate and offer many opertunities to us all.....maybe finally the male has woken up to the fact that a crumpled T shirt and baggy jeans are simply not enough to keep you ladies intrested :hug:

I dont think its a case that most males are nessesarily shy but more a case that it simply doesn't cross their mind that they to can enjoy the benifits of the fantastic services you pro's offer.
That said more and more guy's are takingthat first step into salons throughout the country ..and that's a good thing for them and us all:hug:

I agree about following instructions, they always do exactly as asked! xx

Until they get back home that is :lol::lol:

Until they get back home that is :lol::lol:

V. TRUE!

I wonder why that is? They'll take anything said from a therapist as a given but anything a girlfriend says is in one ear and out the other?!

V. TRUE!

I wonder why that is? They'll take anything said from a therapist as a given but anything a girlfriend says is in one ear and out the other?!

What was that you just said? :lol::lol:

I had an interesting experience recently when my wife, who works at a salon recently encouraged me to have a pedicure. That in itself is not that odd, I've had them before they are wonderful! But this time, she encourged me to follow the treatment with a silver-gray nail polish that the salon had ordered just for men. Apparently, the sales rep told the salon owner that this was the latest trend in cosmetics for men, and that they shoudl have some experience with it in case a male client should ask for it. Well, my wife was curious what it would look like on me and wanted to know if she could suggest it to other male clients.
She did a nice job and we both ended up liking, so I have continued wearing it. I find that I am enjoying wearing sandals now that my feet look a lot less plain and well cared-for.

I wondered if any of you have had any experience with male clients asking for naill polish (other than clear). I really like it!

I had an interesting experience recently when my wife, who works at a salon recently encouraged me to have a pedicure. That in itself is not that odd, I've had them before they are wonderful! But this time, she encourged me to follow the treatment with a silver-gray nail polish that the salon had ordered just for men. Apparently, the sales rep told the salon owner that this was the latest trend in cosmetics for men, and that they shoudl have some experience with it in case a male client should ask for it. Well, my wife was curious what it would look like on me and wanted to know if she could suggest it to other male clients.
She did a nice job and we both ended up liking, so I have continued wearing it. I find that I am enjoying wearing sandals now that my feet look a lot less plain and well cared-for.

I wondered if any of you have had any experience with male clients asking for naill polish (other than clear). I really like it!
I would love to know which polish that is

I think that today men are finally realizin that taking care of themselves and looking good is not just for women. Take for example the following things also that men do now:

1. Brazillian and leg waxing.
2. Using thong underwear an bikinis.
3. Coloring their hair.

years ago all these things where not even considered by men. Today it is becoming normal. The problem is that there are still some men that fear that taking care of themselves and looking good will make people thing they are gay. This has nothin to do with sexuality a gay is a man that likes other men simply as that, it has nothing to do with phisical appearence.

I think that today men are finally realizin that taking care of themselves and looking good is not just for women. Take for example the following things also that men do now:

1. Brazillian and leg waxing.
2. Using thong underwear an bikinis.
3. Coloring their hair.

years ago all these things where not even considered by men. Today it is becoming normal. The problem is that there are still some men that fear that taking care of themselves and looking good will make people thing they are gay. This has nothin to do with sexuality a gay is a man that likes other men simply as that, it has nothing to do with phisical appearence.
You are right hun, but you know what straight men are like some are so scared of looking a bit "funny" but the majority are now taking care of their appearance, we are going in the right direction i think

You are right hun, but you know what straight men are like some are so scared of looking a bit "funny" but the majority are now taking care of their appearance, we are going in the right direction i think

i agree ..they are ..in my area there is a small number of men taking pride in their appearances and i have some requests from them regards manicure\pedicure\facial treatments\waxing which i am happy to give...my hubby loves his eyebrows\goatee\mustach\lashes tinted raven blue\black from me every 4 weeks he loves it ..considering he is a bit of a macho man type bloke manicures\pedicures\facials he isn't going to be talked round to having thats no go .. but does like the aromatherapy massage & indian head

Ruth hunni get them done raven blue\black my other half loves the colour & it's noticed

Last edited:

Thanks

I hope the trend continues. As more people like David Beckham and male models promote it there will be better looking men and more happy male cliets for salons :lol:

The color of the polish was called "Stone Age" and it was from China Glaze. I don't think this is a color exlcusively intended for men, but it does not look to me like it would look that great on a woman anyway.

Another thing men have been doing recently that used to be 'reserved' for women is wearing earrings. Remember not too long ago when that was considered 'gay'? Well, apparently enough trend-setting men took the liberty to try it and now it's commonplace.

Honestly, since I have begun to take an interest in wearing nail polish, I have not seen a lot of other men wearing it, but I have noticed a few, maybe because I am looking for it now. Anyway, I like it, and yes, it does encourage me to pay more attention to the condition of my feet. They used to look rather crusty and, well, typical for a guy.

Besides, it makes for more business for you nail pros, so it can't all be bad!

Last edited:
here's the colour that Jake was mentioning....

70245.jpg

Latest posts

Back