Men's Back Wax Rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubydooby

Reaction score
i have been waxing a clients back for well over 6 months now, and he seems to be quite pleased with the results. however, since waxing his back, he has come out in a rash, mainly at the top of his back. it's not ingrowing hairs as the hairs are still coming through, but im not quite sure what to try on his back. it's not a reaction to the wax as it's still there after 6 weeks when he returns to the salon. any suggestions would be very much appreciated! any lotions i should try? i tell all my clients to exfoliate their skin and moisturise regularly to avoid ingrownig hairs, and have suggested this to him, and he does it, so not sure what else to try??.

It's so difficult to tell without seeing it but can you describe the spots? White heads?

Or it could be Folliculitis and to get rid of that, you have to treat/kill the bacteria or fungus that causes it. Aside from things like hot tubs, Folliculitis can be caused by long term use of anti-biotics. xxx

they are red spots, not really raised to be fair, but i hadn't thought of folliculitus. So really he needs to apply some sort of anti septic cream.
Thanks for your help.

Are you the wax trainer for perron rigot?

Sounds like it doesn't it. He needs to go to the doc and get a precription as it's so hard to clear up without the correct meds.

I'm a trainer to all, regardless of brand and have also been a trainer for Perron Rigot. xxx

And she's great! I was a model for her this morninng and she put up with a lot of wriggling from me:eek:! Lol! Lx

Could it be that he sweats a lot ?
My son gets this 'rash' around the back of the neck (although not for longer than a day or so after his back wax), but he sweats quite a lot at his work.
Just a thought !

If it was folliculitus, he would be in agony. If it is little tiny pimple like rash, then this is normal. Is he exfoliating and using a clearing skin wash? This will help with this reaction.

When I used to get my upper back waxed (actually everything waxed).
I used to cut an old bath towel into long strips, and after a showering (particularly after the gym). After drying myself, I would apply tea tree lotion to the middle of the old bath towel strip and use it (kinda like a loofah) to apply the moisturiser to my back (it's a difficult area to get to) and the towel strip does the trick.

When I used to get my upper back waxed (actually everything waxed).
I used to cut an old bath towel into long strips, and after a showering (particularly after the gym). After drying myself, I would apply tea tree lotion to the middle of the old bath towel strip and use it (kinda like a loofah) to apply the moisturiser to my back (it's a difficult area to get to) and the towel strip does the trick.

This is exactly what I mean when I say we can always learn something new from each other. Brilliant advice. xxx

This is exactly what I mean when I say we can always learn something new from each other. Brilliant advice. xxx

aaaaw shucks, I use them on the beach for applying sunblock also ,
perhaps there is a market for this kind of thing,
kinda like a chemically impregnated tenna lady with long handles:eek:
when someone makes a million from this idea, remember it was "MINE" first.

Dermalogica carries something similar. It's made out of the same material as their exfoliating mitt, but it's long and slender and infused with tea tree oil. Works like a dream. A great retail item for men's backs.

I always advise to apply a antiseptic gel for the first 3-4 days to help with the rash especially if the client is new to back or even chest waxing for that matter. Once they have had it done 3-4 times is should ease.

I advise them to moisturise on a regular basis to help keep the skin supple and allow the new hair growth to come through correctly. Not had a problem yet.

Great idea carl - you should get it patened quick and into production earn yourself a few quid !!!!

Latest posts

Back