Men's massage? (Legs)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi,
i do a lot of massage, am trained in sports and remedial and also hydrotherm, i massage men regularly and you just roll and tuck the towel as high up the inner thigh as you can and feel is comfortable for the client, particularly with hydrotherm as no pants are worn.
as an added measure i place an extra towel over the groin area so that if anything does pop up involantary it is not obvious, sparing both our blushes!!
hope that helps

xx:)

Def not a pink 'Miss Massage' tunic either a la Only Way is Essex!!!! hahaha!

Not dressing as a naughty nurse also lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

We were given a Code of ethics when i was at college.Which stated that if we had to massage a man then we should have the door open and at no time should we wear fancy dress ie Greek Toga.

i did my level 3 last year. we were told you massaged up to the boxer shorts line and to avoid the stomache of a man.

i did my level 3 last year. we were told you massaged up to the boxer shorts line and to avoid the stomache of a man.

Yea I was told the same hon, but I think once you are fully qualified, it should be down to your own choice. I don't massage the abdomen but i'm sure others do.

Personally I think an ab massage done correctly, i.e correct pressure and movements etc, is fine for most people, if you're only lightly stroking any area of the body, its prob going to be more arousing for a man.

I think it all comes down to pressure and conduct in the end. X

You have to obviously do what you feel comfortable with but some advice or training you get at college you don't necessarily have to adhere to once you are working.

The stomach is an important part to massage, unless some people don't like it, as it contains the solar plexus, that area that literally tightens up when we are stressed or shocked.Its also good for the intestines to be massaged

Its also an important area for oil absorption if you were to ever train in aromatherapy.

i do agree! The reason we were taught to only go up to the bottom of the boxer line was so you didnt touch their man bits!band to avoid the stomache as its an erogenous zone, to also avoid the nipples for the same reason.
Though im not a man i think possibly the ear lobes would be more of an erogenous zone than the stomache?
i agree , do what you feel comfortable with.
we have an ESSEX ACT/SPECIAL TREATMENTS LICENCE to prove we are professional and dont offer extras- if i did my prices would certainly be higher than the cost of a full body massage!

I was Itec trained for Swedish massage - taught in a class which had more female students than male and the protocols taught were no different for male or female clients. No one had any problem with the requirements for offering the massage treatments and we practised on each other with no issues.

If you use your towel draping technique properly and work in a professional manner then surely there should not be any issue. If any client ( male or female) acts inappropriately then you terminate the treatment..
There was a recent thread about male waxing treatments a few days ago....

In my experience of working in a Spa it was the female clients that acted more inapproriately.. a view that was shared by a lot of the other male therapists...
I walked out of a treatment room after one female client asked me to eat her p****!!
I covered her with a towel, left the room and went and spoke to the spa manager. I had several female clients the same day I went in to the room and gave each of them the massage therapy they wanted and treated them no different ...

So its not only males that sometimes act out...

If I had a massage treatment that excluded stomach, gluteals, thighs then I would not expect to pay for a full body treatment...If you offer a massage ar £x and you want to be paid £x then you have to offer an equal service. No need for baby monitors, chaperones or open doors...

Treat all clients equally and offer the same service and deal with the clients that act inappropriately

jack

Ask first!

Only do it if you feel comfortable to do it. As other ppl have mentioned if promblems do 'arise' you need to be completly proffessional. good luck! lol x x

:lol: Well put, made me laugh.

I always massage full leg if doing a full body, just as an earlier poster said, just do it as you would a woman.

Annie xx

I work with a few male sporting teams and it is the most unsexy atmosphere...especially when they're all farting and carrying on....

Having had to do plenty of groin massage and strapping, I tell the boys to put their hands on their bits and move them out the way...it not only stops me from accidently bumping anything when I'm working that high up, it also makes them feel comfortable that I'm not interested in touching anything and that it is completely professional. 90% of the sportsmen I work with you're working on their quads.

Down to draping really but I sometimes use forearm massage (carefully) close to the groin that would probably stop any stirrings.

I have done groin work where we have had to ask the client to lift bits out of the way but when someone is in a lot of pain, embarrassment or misbehaviour isn't what they are generaly thinking about.

I always massage the gluts as this is important.

On my course, when the client was supine, the pecs was as far as you went on a male torso, stomach/abdomen was out for male and female! I still don't generally do it as part of a "regular" massage but would if the client needed it.

I must be a real minger as in 18 years don't think I've seen an erection (in my work that is!)!!!

Talking about nurses, I bought a baby blue tunic and trousers and a couple of clients and my hub said I looked like a nurse. Stopped wearing it.

Lol if you're worried about the involuntary thing, put an extra heavy/thick towel on it! Nothing can rise then. Seriously this is silly it's a leg and should be treated as such.

I must be a real minger as in 18 years don't think I've seen an erection (in my work that is!)!!!

Hardly, i'm sure! I bet there has been a terry teepee or two that you've missed in the past hehe x

Hardly, i'm sure! I bet there has been a terry teepee or two that you've missed in the past hehe x

lol- you do make me chuckle aromababy

Talking about nurses, I bought a baby blue tunic and trousers and a couple of clients and my hub said I looked like a nurse. Stopped wearing it.

Lol me too I've never had that problem.......... (Unless I've never noticed???? )

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I have had lots of men get erections while I massage them, I am used to this now and know they cant always help it, I just ignore it and carry on like normal.

Thank you for all your feedback! Have taken a lot of points on board. I feel comfortable doing it but i know some dont. Had a little problem earlier when a man asked for 'extras' as soon as i massaged the thigh. Very creepy!!!!:eek:

That really made me laugh - thankyou!!!!

P.S nor me and I am thanking my lucky stars for that!!

How funny, I hadn't really thought about it till I started reading this....should we be offended! LOL x

Latest posts

Back