messed a client about....advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I have a lovely client, dead nice, she books the last appointment (7pm) about every 4-5 weeks.
She didn't turn up so I rang her and she was appalled to admit she had forgotten and offered to pay. I got a cheque through the post a few days later. I emailed her to thank her.

So, she emails to say the date she wants her next appointment, I left a note for the receptionist to add it to the diary.

A couple of days later - the clinic lets me know that the appointment has already been taken. So I let the client know and offered her two other dates.
she asked for one, and yep! double-booked again. I remedied it by working an hour late and asking for one of them to take the 8pm, so she has got her original (7pm) appointment.

But I feel cr@p for messing her around albeit not intentionally, AND after her paying for her treatment that she missed.

Should I give her money off, or a little something as my way of apologising?

I saw her briefly last night and she was absolutely OK about it, and said she would see me next week for her appointment.

Difficult one. If she is fine about it then no reason for you to do anything really. Just make sure her treatment is absolutely spot on :hug:

I absolutely wouldn't give money off, but I do keep a little box of niceties that occasionally I give someone if something gets messed up, like an appointment. Just things like mini solar oils, mini-handcreams, or tanning sample sachets.

For example, couple of weeks ago, one client was late, then ended up taking a call in the middle of her service (I hate that - I even have a small notice asking for clients to resist answering their phones as it can affect work already done, but do they pay any attention?). Anyway, it made things run over so much that the next client was kept waiting for about 10 mins. I usually leave a clear 15 mins between appts, but in this case...things went awry.

Anyway, at the end, I just offered her a little handcream as my apology for keeping her waiting, and lo and behld, next time she ordered a big one.:)

Anyhow, what I was trying to say in a roundabout way was thats the sort of thing I'd do in a case like this.

Hiya All

Yeah really tricky one this. I would certainly not give any money off. The way to go is samples of retail, or mini treatments as a sweetener. But, if you do go down this route make sure you tell the client howmuch she would have to pay for the service if you were to charge.

The last thing you want to happen is, on her next appointment, for her to say "Oh that XXX you gave me last time was soo nice I'll have another please for free" You want to be able to charge for it! :)

thanks everyone. I really appreciate your answers. And you have all answered what I was having a gut feeling about.

She's booked in for a colon massage, so I'll give her something that will complete the treatment.

........ so I'll give her something that will complete the treatment.

Ohhh, the mind boggles at what completes a colon treatment!!! Maybe you meant compliments? I hope! LOL

:rolleyes: oppsy, yes, mean't complement!!!

Latest posts

Back