Migraines caused by product??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambretta gold

Reaction score
hi i am finding that i am having frequent migraine headaches since starting doing the nail extensions. has anybody else had same problem and can you recommend products that have a less strong odour than others. i do not find doing the gel nails too bad. regards tina:hug:

Hi, I have just messaged you :) xx

Do you have a good vent system? I've had same when it is too much odor and not enough fresh air.

There are plenty of way to solve your problrm and the obvious one is to work with good habits and invest in an extraction ventillation unit WHICH you need and WHICH all manufacturers recommend you to use EVEN with gel and low odour systems. ALL systems have an odour and vapours whether or not you can smell them.

Hi I was the same at first, I now have an extractor in my table, extractor in the roof, a machine which I have positioned at the side of the table where the monomer is and a fresh air globe, also use a lint free pad soaked with scrubfresh and a metal bin, I also put the lid back on the dappen dish as soon as I have dipped my brush and it has worked wonders no more headaches and my hubby never moans about the smell anymore so something is working.
Good Luck :)

I also get migraines but was diagnosed many years before doing nails. The products don't affect me any more than I had them before. You could try coenzyme q10 which is very good for provention. Hope this helps

Kelly x

Hi Hun,

I find the day after I have done a set of nails I always feel like I have the worlds worst hangover. People have suggested I wear a face mask but I dont fancy the idea of something being over my nose and mouth, makes me feel a bit chlostrophobic (SPELLING!!!).

At the moment I am only doing nails once a week as I have a full time admin job but in September I will be loosing that job and doing nails full time so I WILL be investing in a good extractor fan. I really cant cope with the hangover feeling knowing that I havent even had a drop of vodka!!!

Plus, if I am suffering from it then I really don't want my clients too.

Not much help but just wanted you to know that your not on your own

xx

Hi Hun,

I find the day after I have done a set of nails I always feel like I have the worlds worst hangover. People have suggested I wear a face mask but I dont fancy the idea of something being over my nose and mouth, makes me feel a bit chlostrophobic (SPELLING!!!).

At the moment I am only doing nails once a week as I have a full time admin job but in September I will be loosing that job and doing nails full time so I WILL be investing in a good extractor fan. I really cant cope with the hangover feeling knowing that I havent even had a drop of vodka!!!

Plus, if I am suffering from it then I really don't want my clients too.

Not much help but just wanted you to know that your not on your own

xx

That sounds like the day after a migraine hun. You can have a migraine without the headache - as strange as that may sound. Some have it in their stomachs others just have an eye disturbance others have a parlysis in arms or face - all with or without a headache. Many of these result in hangover type symptoms the next morning

Kelly x

That sounds like the day after a migraine hun. You can have a migraine without the headache - as strange as that may sound. Some have it in their stomachs others just have an eye disturbance others have a parlysis in arms or face - all with or without a headache. Many of these result in hangover type symptoms the next morning

Kelly x

OMG, that is so bizarre. Im gonna keep an eye on it from now on and if it get worse i'll go to the docs.

Thanks for your advice hun......oh and by the way, I am soooooooo jealous of your Boyzone tickets!!!!:)

OMG, that is so bizarre. Im gonna keep an eye on it from now on and if it get worse i'll go to the docs.

Thanks for your advice hun......oh and by the way, I am soooooooo jealous of your Boyzone tickets!!!!:)

I get the full whack of symptoms and have been since aged 6 so have read a lot about it, may be worth trying the natural remedy of coenzyme q10 if it continues. (I am sooooooo excited about my tickets - 1st June whoo hoo!!! )

Kelly x

Is it the vapour smell or the position of your head/neck?

I am a migraine sufferer, but vapour smell doesn't trigger it. What the issue is for me is if I am positioned incorrectly and have my head bent too far forward.

Could this be a problem for you too?

Hi, this may sound silly but have you had your eyes tested lately?

I did occasionally suffer from migraines before doing my nail training but noticed that they became a hell of a lot worse once I started nails properly. :confused:

I used to go pretty much blind for about half an hour or so and then be sick, and then the headahce came on which sometimes lasted 3 days and made me bed-bound. :irked:

Mu mum works at an opticians and suggested I go and get them checked, which I did and they gave me some glasses.

Since wearing them I have not had one migraine. :green:

Turns out the migraines were from my eyes straining with all the close up work.

Worth checking it out aswell as sorting out the ventilation issues.

xx

Latest posts

Back